Harvest Prep 47 - 0 Meigs 2022 Playoffs

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Re: Reg 19: #15 Meigs @ #2 Harvest Prep

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Fletchlives wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:14 pm Amazing that a team so bad made the playoffs
Yea because 6-4 is so awful, i realize they’re not your typical playoff team but they aren’t the only ones because of the expansion. Meigs exceeded everybodies expectations for this season. Those boys should be proud for their effort this year, meigs would beat alot of the other teams that made this year just because of the expansion

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:44 pm Harvest Prep is a Christian private school so they can get kids from all over the world. It doesn't matter. Strap em on and go for it. I picked them and Ironton in regional final. I wasn't sure who would pan out in the other regions but I believe Prep can run the table.
South range will be tough. Cold water is always good, garaway is pretty good. But I agree with you I think harvest prep may have the team this year. They get better every year.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ohionut8
Waterboy

Post by Ohionut8 »

While I agree HP names the score in this one, there are worse teams making the playoffs. i hope the kids from Meigs enjoy the playoff atmosphere and no serious injuries Every program has to start somewhere, maybe this is Meigs' start.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Ohionut8 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:09 pm While I agree HP names the score in this one, there are worse teams making the playoffs. i hope the kids from Meigs enjoy the playoff atmosphere and no serious injuries Every program has to start somewhere, maybe this is Meigs' start.
100% agree

BDS
Waterboy

Post by BDS »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:38 pm
Fletchlives wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:14 pm Amazing that a team so bad made the playoffs
Yea because 6-4 is so awful, i realize they’re not your typical playoff team but they aren’t the only ones because of the expansion. Meigs exceeded everybodies expectations for this season. Those boys should be proud for their effort this year, meigs would beat alot of the other teams that made this year just because of the expansion
6-4 looks decent at a glance, but when you look deeper into it the teams that Meigs beat have terrible records. Two of them have 0 wins, others have only 1~2 wins. The exception is Alexander who I believe had 5 wins but looking deeper into that you see that 4 of their wins are against the same terrible opponents that Meigs beat.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

BDS wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:03 pm
6-4 looks decent at a glance, but when you look deeper into it the teams that Meigs beat have terrible records. Two of them have 0 wins, others have only 1~2 wins. The exception is Alexander who I believe had 5 wins but looking deeper into that you see that 4 of their wins are against the same terrible opponents that Meigs beat.
Okay and go digging into ither teams records that made the playoffs by the expansion, a lot of them are the same way

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:58 am The only reason for playoff expansion was money nothing more nothing less.
Actually the surveyed coaches and most coaches didn’t want a bye. Crying about it every week not going to change anything.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Why they are playing Saturday at noon

BDS
Waterboy

Post by BDS »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:18 pm

Okay and go digging into ither teams records that made the playoffs by the expansion, a lot of them are the same way

Actually, I agree, my original point was that the state never should have never added a seventh division and went from 8 teams per region to 16 teams. Heck, some regions only have 18 teams to begin with. This game is just one of the examples of ridiculous matchups that the expanded playoffs have created.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:23 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:58 am The only reason for playoff expansion was money nothing more nothing less.
Actually the surveyed coaches and most coaches didn’t want a bye. Crying about it every week not going to change anything.
I am not crying I was stating a fact.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

BDS wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:28 am I'm sure others won't agree but--
This game is an example of why the state should have stayed with 6 divisions and 8 teams per region making the playoffs
Couldn't agree more. Just a big money grab by ohsaa

EvilPaladin
Waterboy

Post by EvilPaladin »

Took a look at some film. Meigs sure does look slow on film. What do they do in the weight room? Anything? Them boys needs some speed training.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

EvilPaladin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:38 am

Took a look at some film. Meigs sure does look slow on film. What do they do in the weight room? Anything? Them boys needs some speed training.
What film did you watch because their skilled positions aren’t slow, you watch any film from the last 4 weeks and you’ll see that, the last 4 weeks they have taken their trianing wheels off and start to run everything smoothly rather than being timid

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

Ironton made the playoffs in 99' with a 6-3 record and played in a state championship.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
EvilPaladin
Waterboy

Post by EvilPaladin »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:01 pm

What film did you watch because their skilled positions aren’t slow, you watch any film from the last 4 weeks and you’ll see that, the last 4 weeks they have taken their trianing wheels off and start to run everything smoothly rather than being timid
Wellston, Alexandria, Marietta, Athens would make anyone look fast this year. SLOW! And thats about to get exposed. I mean do these guys train at your school?

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

EvilPaladin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:18 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:01 pm

Wellston, Alexandria, Marietta, Athens would make anyone look fast this year. SLOW! And thats about to get exposed. I mean do these guys train at your school?
Idk what they do as far as training but I think you'll end up being shocked at how quick they really are. not all of them are blazing fast but most are fast enough to keep up with anyone they play and there's 4 or 5 of them that just straight up have burners usually just don't get the opportunity to exploit it.

BDS
Waterboy

Post by BDS »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:15 pm

Ironton made the playoffs in 99' with a 6-3 record and played in a state championship.
The OHSAA system does a pretty good job ranking teams with strength of schedule factored in. I'm sure Ironton wasn't ranked 15th or 16th in their region that year. 8 teams per region worked really well in my opinion. 16 on the other hand watered the playoffs down and has created a bunch of first week blowouts. I would be curious to know what team has made if furthest into the playoffs when being ranked 9~16 going into week one.

BDS
Waterboy

Post by BDS »

I quickly looked through the brackets and results from 2021. There were plenty of examples of regions where the teams seeded 9~16 all lost week one. A handful of examples where teams seeded 9~16 won one round. And a few examples where teams seeded 9~16 won two rounds. I didn't notice any making it farther than that.
Last edited by BDS on Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

BDS wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:41 pm I quickly looked through the brackets and results from 2021. There were plenty of examples of regions where the teams seeded 9~16 all lost week one. A handful of examples where teams seeded 9~16 won one round. And a few examples where teams seeded 9~16 two rounds. I didn't notice any making it farther than that.
Yes but those bareasss beat downs most of them get is a great experience and the extra week of practice makes any physical and/or mental beatings and injuries well worth it. Just ask some of the people on here if you don’t believe it. SMDH

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Meigs in your game against Harvest Prep. The odds seem to be not good for you, but if I know one thing, it's that Meigs will still show up and give it everything that you've got.

Return to “Football”