Unioto 0 - 38 Clinton-Massie 2022 Playoffs

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: #4 Unioto hosting #13 Clinton Massie

Post by smurray »

RShifko wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:20 am I think Unioto has to ignore any talk about who Clinton Massie is or isn’t. I truly believe Coach Hoops has the Tanks changing their culture that these dudes now believe that they can show up and compete against anyone that wasn’t always the case with the Tanks. As far as the match up Unioto has been so balanced offensively that CM will have to decide do they want to crowd the LOS and match up with Fox and Hoops in space on the edges while trying to take away the 3 headed Unioto running game or are they going to try to force Unioto to try to put together 10- or more play drives to score. Defensively I think Unioto knows what to do to take away the CM offense.
I would agree teams "know what to do to take away the CM offense". It's doing it that matters, and it hasn't been an easy task the past few years. Granted, this years CM team is not the State Champion team of last year, but they have improved as the season has gone along and they will do what CM does...
I think the key may be the CM defense and can they stop the Unioto offense. They gave up 27 points to D2 (9-1) Edgewood in the week two 27-20 loss. Edgewood is the 3 seed in region 8 having beaten some good teams including shutting out 7-3 Fenwick who is the 3 seed in region 16. If there's such a thing as a "good loss" the 7 point loss in week two to Edgewood would be just that. That was the most they gave up all year with the exception of the offensive D3 powerhouse Western Brown game midseason when they gave up 50.
They gave up 18 points per game in the other 4 losses (27, 14, 17, 14) and 9 points per game in the 5 wins including two shutouts (17, 0, 0, 21, 7).

This should be a very good game and will def be won in the trenches.

MeNotWe
Waterboy

Post by MeNotWe »

Unioto about to learn a hard lesson. One of their best teams in school history is about to get beat up on by a team in CM that has underwhelmed by their standards. A 4 seed that is 5 point underdogs and will be thankful if that's all it ends up being by.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

This game will be tight and decided late. It might come down to whatever team has the ball last. Unioto can not turn the ball over, have unnecessary mistakes or penalties. I think the Tanks hang around and pull this one out late. 35-28 Unioto

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Svcguru wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:18 pm This game will be tight and decided late. It might come down to whatever team has the ball last. Unioto can not turn the ball over, have unnecessary mistakes or penalties. I think the Tanks hang around and pull this one out late. 35-28 Unioto
I like the way you think. I’m games vs massie both teams get roughly 6 possessions. If this holds true I’m with you the tanks need at least two stops and the offense has to get points every time either td or fg. Even one turnover or bad penalty would be a disaster.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:27 pm
Svcguru wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:18 pm This game will be tight and decided late. It might come down to whatever team has the ball last. Unioto can not turn the ball over, have unnecessary mistakes or penalties. I think the Tanks hang around and pull this one out late. 35-28 Unioto
I like the way you think. I’m games vs massie both teams get roughly 6 possessions. If this holds true I’m with you the tanks need at least two stops and the offense has to get points every time either td or fg. Even one turnover or bad penalty would be a disaster.
You’d think Unioto doesn’t even belong on the same field as Massie with what the comments are saying

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:08 pm
You’d think Unioto doesn’t even belong on the same field as Massie with what the comments are saying
Let me try this, in comparison this game is very similar to Alabama Tennessee just a few weeks ago. One team with storied history and the other hasn’t had a whole lot of it in recent memory. Who won that game? Tennessee. So it isn’t out of the realm of possibility. Unioto can change the narrative of their program with a huge victory

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Would love to see An area team take down Clinton massie but I don’t think it will even be close. Looked at Drew Pasteur’s predictions for every region and Clinton massie is the only 13 seed favored to win in the state. A couple of 12 seed favorites as well. Shows us what we are really up against once we step out of southern Ohio.

Clinton Massies SOS and program strength/development will prove to be huge in this game.

No one expects you to win but it’s there for the taking. The pressure is off. Go out there and earn everyone’s respect. Good luck!

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Changing topic but can we all agree that 10 bucks is ridiculous for tickets. I get maybe 7-8 for playoffs but come on OHSAA

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:47 pm Would love to see An area team take down Clinton massie but I don’t think it will even be close. Looked at Drew Pasteur’s predictions for every region and Clinton massie is the only 13 seed favored to win in the state. A couple of 12 seed favorites as well. Shows us what we are really up against once we step out of southern Ohio.

Clinton Massies SOS and program strength/development will prove to be huge in this game.

No one expects you to win but it’s there for the taking. The pressure is off. Go out there and earn everyone’s respect. Good luck!
Well said. Pressure is off, go play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This game is winnable. This is not the same CM we’ve known (though they are of course good and formidable now)…but it’s also not the same Unioto team either. The exact same guy in charge took a good basketball team and did everything but make the final 4. I see no reason why they won’t be prepped and ready to win this game.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Hopefully the Shermans play with fire and everything they got tonight. This senior class deserves their moment and no better opportunity than the one in front of them. Hoping for a competitive game. Need the crowd to bring it.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

CM - 35
Unioto - 21

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Newton Hoops getting exposed and Coach Hoops getting outcoached bad. Not one adjustment on defense. We aren’t a passing offense and our best tackler is playing 10-12 yards back. Sad this is how we are going out.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Well…… score is looking rough

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I knew this game was going to be tough. Massie is tough even at 5-5

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Poor Griffin. Ran the ball well then gets subbed out for Hoops to throw interceptions lol

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:54 pm

We didn’t belong lol. Need a real coach

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ok….up the non league schedule

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:07 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:54 pm

We didn’t belong lol. Need a real coach
Lol, man, your expectations are…..high.
I look at this more about two completely different programs. A historical dominant state powerhouse, vs a school that has only most recently really seen the most success in football and that meaning playoff births. Tonight was most definitely NOT a result of poor coaching from Hoops, merely two entirely different football programs facing off.

Kudos to Unioto on a solid season. A lot to learn from and a great year for building the program. It’s not building until you build on it though.
I think Unioto would benefit from a formidable foe in the non conf. Maybe Chillicothe? Schedule up, take on some good larger schools to prepare yourself for the playoffs
But, what a bad bad draw for Unioto.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I mean there’s a reason the FAC was created to get away from Clinton Massie

Return to “Football”