Unioto 0 - 38 Clinton-Massie 2022 Playoffs

bsee12345
Varsity

Unioto 0 - 38 Clinton-Massie 2022 Playoffs

Post by bsee12345 »

Very difficult draw for Unioto. Clinton Massie the defending State Champions. Clinton Massie struggled the first 4 weeks against some good competition then has won 5 out of the last 6 games. I wish Unioto good luck in the match up however I think Clinton Massie will win 42-13. Clinton Massie is probably the best 5-5 team in Division 4.
But your never know- the game will have to be play and maybe the U can get a win. 2nd round game winner (St Paris Graham at Urbana) would be a better matchup for Unioto than week 1 matchup-
Last edited by bsee12345 on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

bsee12345
Varsity

Re: #4 Unioto hosting #13 Clinton Massie

Post by bsee12345 »

Clinton Massie 2022 Schedule

3-6 at Waynesville lost 14-7
8-1 at Trenton Edgewood lost 27-20
6-3 at Middletown Fenwick lost 17-7
4-4 Columbus DeSales lost 14-3
1-8 Harrison win 31-17
2-7 Goshen win 42-0
8-1 at Western Brown lost 50-28
1-8 Batavia win 42-0
6-3 at New Richmond win 42-21
5-4 Wilmington win 28-7

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

I agree that this is a tough draw for the U but 42-13, you're not giving them a chance at all. Unioto has some pretty good athletes and I think that can offset the size advantage CM has on the LOS. I believe this will be a close game and can go either way with no more than 8 pt. separation.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Pulling for the SVC in this one but I gotta go with my gut as always. Unioto has athletes but I think CM too physical for them.
Tough draw

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

CM lost a huge Senior class but figured things out by mid season. Not the same CM as the past few years but they have come together and finished the regular with two wins over decent D3 squads.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Should be a good game.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Unioto may be the most underrated team.what’s their football history. Have they won many conf titles etc? Don’t know much about Unioto except they had really good team this season
Unioto 31
Cm 24

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

I’d say Unioto are probably underdogs but I don’t see them losing by 29. I think it’ll be within 10. Gotta win the turnover battle.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:33 am Unioto may be the most underrated team.what’s their football history. Have they won many conf titles etc? Don’t know much about Unioto except they had really good team this season
Unioto 31
Cm 24
You don't know much about Unioto but you're saying they're the most underrated team?? Seems like a strange statement. Clinton Massie is Clinton Massie and they're going to bring it come playoff time. Unioto with a tough game but they have the ability to keep this close, CM is rolling in the 2nd half of the season with only loss to a loaded Western Brown team. Rooting for Unioto in this one but I think CM takes this by 2 scores.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

C-M loves lining up in the double wing and doing a lot of off-tackle, between the hashes, and then hitting you with a play action when least expected.

The Waynesville loss is the only head scratcher but the other losses are to some really good teams. Their non conference schedule is tough.

C-M will try to limit possessions and make it really hard on Unioto. This one is a tough one to pick. Unioto is very capable of winning this game.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Massie won’t hide their intentions. They’ve ran the ball 485 times to only 31 pass attempts all year. They will look to limit Unioto’s possession of the ball. Massie will look to hit the middle early and often with their full back Clutter. If the defense starts focusing on that, you’ll get outside pitches to Chesser or McDowell.

Massie’s starting QB (Lamb) did get hurt in their last game so it will be interesting to see if he makes it back for this game. Goes without saying this game will be won in the trenches.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

This isn’t the same Massie team as usual…but, it’s still Clinton Massie. They are going to do what they do very well.

If Unioto is ever going to beat Clinton Massie, it has to be this year. I’m not sure if the Tanks can do it, but they’ll play hard hopefully give themselves a chance late in the contest.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Power house program taking on what possibly is the U best team ever. Hard to pick against a team that has been the model of consistency

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Ouch

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Clinton Massie by 7

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Going with massie. No matter there record they are very good.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

4 of Massies 5 losses were against really good teams and I know it doesn’t matter but their best win is Wilmington, who is ranked almost the same as Waverly according to Drew Pasteur. I know they’re underdogs but I still think Unioto can pull it off.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I think ppl have to realize that we don’t play last years massie team or any other massie team that won state. Will they be sound ya, will they be strong ya. They are 5-5, some of those losses are to good teams some aren’t. There best win was week 10 to a team I believe got beat by Miami trace. Their two halfbacks are 5 11 170 pounds. I would take every skill guy we have over any of theirs. They have a big line, but no bigger than Zane trace. I get that no one thinks we can win, but those are the same ppl that picked against us all year. We don’t turn it over and don’t get bad penalties and we can win this game. Drew has us as a 5 point dog so it is basically a toss up for his computer.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:18 pm I think ppl have to realize that we don’t play last years massie team or any other massie team that won state. Will they be sound ya, will they be strong ya. They are 5-5, some of those losses are to good teams some aren’t. There best win was week 10 to a team I believe got beat by Miami trace. Their two halfbacks are 5 11 170 pounds. I would take every skill guy we have over any of theirs. They have a big line, but no bigger than Zane trace. I get that no one thinks we can win, but those are the same ppl that picked against us all year. We don’t turn it over and don’t get bad penalties and we can win this game. Drew has us as a 5 point dog so it is basically a toss up for his computer.
I’m with you, I think Unioto can win this game. This Unioto team is good and isn’t going to back down.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Unioto. Should be a great atmosphere and a very big crowd. Get that run defense ready, as it sounds as if CM will just try to overpower you by running the ball unless you can stop it.

Return to “Football”