2014 Steubenville vs Athens on YouTube

Rich Blackburn
Waterboy

2014 Steubenville vs Athens on YouTube

Post by Rich Blackburn »

I posted this game on YouTube. I thought the viewers would enjoy.

https://youtu.be/9JBOhaZnJws

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2014 Steubenville vs Athens on YouTube

Post by mattash »

Nice

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

I was at this game , one of the most enjoyable games I have ever viewed . Super rain shower out of the blue soaked everyone in attendance. That Steubenville team was basically a soph dominated team and made it to the State Semis with three regular season losses . The following two years they were State Runnerups . Athens somehow got out of the rematch the following season in Athens .

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bunker Hill wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:16 pm I was at this game , one of the most enjoyable games I have ever viewed . Super rain shower out of the blue soaked everyone in attendance. That Steubenville team was basically a soph dominated team and made it to the State Semis with three regular season losses . The following two years they were State Runnerups . Athens somehow got out of the rematch the following season in Athens .
Oh, Athens getting out of the rematch is very very easy to explain. For starters guessing it's only a 1-year deal when a team signs with Steubenville, they only play home games. If you take a look at Steubenville's schedule, they typically play only about 3 away games a year, they make a lot of money for home games, so they fork out the money for teams to travel to them.

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:52 am
Bunker Hill wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:16 pm I was at this game , one of the most enjoyable games I have ever viewed . Super rain shower out of the blue soaked everyone in attendance. That Steubenville team was basically a soph dominated team and made it to the State Semis with three regular season losses . The following two years they were State Runnerups . Athens somehow got out of the rematch the following season in Athens .
Oh, Athens getting out of the rematch is very very easy to explain. For starters guessing it's only a 1-year deal when a team signs with Steubenville, they only play home games. If you take a look at Steubenville's schedule, they typically play only about 3 away games a year, they make a lot of money for home games, so they fork out the money for teams to travel to them.

That may be true and probably is . I live up here very near Steubenville and I recall fans talking about the rematch on the sports site OVAthletics , of course fans are reacting to rumors as if truth until proven otherwise.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Agree 100% but at the same time Athens wanted NO part of them the following year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bunker Hill wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:49 am

That may be true and probably is . I live up here very near Steubenville and I recall fans talking about the rematch on the sports site OVAthletics , of course fans are reacting to rumors as if truth until proven otherwise.
Yeah it's 100% true has been for years and I have always found it strange that teams still keep signing up to do that, so I figure Steubenville must offer some good money. 3 away games this year, last season 1 away, year before was covid, 2 in 2019. That 2014 year 3.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:10 am Yeah it's 100% true has been for years and I have always found it strange that teams still keep signing up to do that, so I figure Steubenville must offer some good money. 3 away games this year, last season 1 away, year before was covid, 2 in 2019. That 2014 year 3.
10k and a charter bus. Athens was full in 2015 with contracts. Unreal the rapist was allowed to play that year. That’s why Steubenville played 9 home games that year

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Steubenville isn’t the only team like that.
Massillon has only one away game every other year or did at one time.
They can bring in the money and can pay teams to come to them.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

fielddaddy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:29 pm Steubenville isn’t the only team like that.
Massillon has only one away game every other year or did at one time.
They can bring in the money and can pay teams to come to them.
They definitely have a large fan base to do it

PeakedInHighSchool
Waterboy

Post by PeakedInHighSchool »

Thank you for posting this! Was not at this game but remember reading about it. Something like most points scored at home against Steubenville in a half a century or something.

I do have a question though. I noticed on some of the snaps where Steubenville was on D, their defensive line was not in 3/4 point stances at the line of scrimmage. But rather they were 3-4 yards back and were almost getting a running start at the O line. I can't recall seeing many teams doing this, maybe ever. I guess I should say, I haven't seen a D formation where there is no one set on the line. You do have LB's and DE's stunting from time to time to throw off the O Line.

Maybe I'm having a serious brain fart, but is that 100% legal to do? Do they need to have a specific # of players set at the line of scrimmage, similar to an offense? Either way, thanks again for posting this really enjoyed watching it!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Really enjoyed watching the game, thanks for posting the link. At times I thought that Joe's offensive line was better than the Bengal's line that he's playing behind right now. Lol

algernonsidney
Waterboy

Post by algernonsidney »

This is still the most points ever scored on a Reno Saccoccia team.

Return to “Football”