Is a Change needed at Chesapeake?

Area51
Waterboy

Is a Change needed at Chesapeake?

Post by Area51 »

I’ll go ahead and apologize here because I am an outsider but I saw Chesapeake play this year and they seemed extremely under prepared with a lot of questionable play calling. When I used to frequent HS games I always followed Chesapeake a little and how they ran that old school 2 wing offense. It looks like they still use it as a set or something but they are doing some weird unproductive stuff out of it. Is this the same coaching staff as previous years or have they had a change already?

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Re: Is a Change needed at Chesapeake?

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Oh look, another chicken $hit, keyboard warrior who wants to question coaching. What qualifies you to even have an opinion? Let me guess. You have played a bunch of Madden and you never miss College Gameday.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:06 pm Oh look, another chicken $hit, keyboard warrior who wants to question coaching. What qualifies you to even have an opinion? Let me guess. You have played a bunch of Madden and you never miss College Gameday.
Maybe you should stop being butt hurt and read what the guy was saying. Maybe you can answer the question he has, he titled it wrong so you just assumed. Typical narrow minded coach everyone else is the problem but him.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:06 pm Oh look, another chicken $hit, keyboard warrior who wants to question coaching. What qualifies you to even have an opinion? Let me guess. You have played a bunch of Madden and you never miss College Gameday.
And mommy’s little Joey probably didn’t get to play much because of that mean old coach, thus ruining Joey’s lock of a D1 power 5 scholly. Hey if Joey Burrows can do it so can her little Joey if they just get a new coach.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:14 pm
Maybe you should stop being butt hurt and read what the guy was saying. Maybe you can answer the question he has, he titled it wrong so you just assumed. Typical narrow minded coach everyone else is the problem but him.
😂
You guys keep accusing me of being a coach
That’s rich

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:22 pm
😂
That’s rich
Well, if you’d just let little Joey Wannabe play more they’d be singing your praises on here.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

😂
That’s rich
That’s what you took from it, reading and comprehension man.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think Chesapeake is in a area where kids can go to fairland, ironton, Ashland or Huntington. I think in basketball a couple kids went to fairland. You coach what you have and if kids are leaving it makes it very hard. Just a few years ago when my son played for Portsmouth I remember we lost to them. I hope they get back on track.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:04 pm I think Chesapeake is in a area where kids can go to fairland, ironton, Ashland or Huntington. I think in basketball a couple kids went to fairland. You coach what you have and if kids are leaving it makes it very hard. Just a few years ago when my son played for Portsmouth I remember we lost to them. I hope they get back on track.
I love answers like these. …
First of all you are not wrong. Everything you say is exactly right.

But my thing is this…. They need to get out of the conference they are in, or realign so they have a chance. A school that is losing any talent to bigger schools, then having to play said schools in their conference is BS….
I’d leave or try to get Coal Grove, rock hill and some SOC schools to form a new conference. Quit being the whipping boy for Ironton and Fairland. Throw the middle finger up and get out.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

pmow3 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:39 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:04 pm I think Chesapeake is in a area where kids can go to fairland, ironton, Ashland or Huntington. I think in basketball a couple kids went to fairland. You coach what you have and if kids are leaving it makes it very hard. Just a few years ago when my son played for Portsmouth I remember we lost to them. I hope they get back on track.
I love answers like these. …
First of all you are not wrong. Everything you say is exactly right.

But my thing is this…. They need to get out of the conference they are in, or realign so they have a chance. A school that is losing any talent to bigger schools, then having to play said schools in their conference is BS….
I’d leave or try to get Coal Grove, rock hill and some SOC schools to form a new conference. Quit being the whipping boy for Ironton and Fairland. Throw the middle finger up and get out.

You love to fly that middle finger 😂

I love it ,f em all!!

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Lol. Well. Yeah you’re right. I need to use it less. You’re onto me. 😂

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Knipp could be a good coach…Bob in the pressbox needs to go though! He is still running the show just like when they were at RH

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

By far the worst coached team in ovc play and you have this to say? You should want better for those kids

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

They just have no athletes, no coach is going to be very successful with what they have on the teams right now.

They’re losing way too many kids each year by transfer to have any amount of sustained success.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

So what do you do? Just take it??
Or move out of the situation?
Why not join schools your size and give your kids a chance?
Make it a football only conference and let these kids play schools their size, both in enrollment and or competitive balance.

Get Rock Hill, coal Grove, valley, oak hill and Northwest and make a good conference in football only.

Ohionut8
Waterboy

Post by Ohionut8 »

!00 % agree with this, the whole culture needs to quite getting butthurt so easy, the only ones getting rich are the proctologist.

Ohionut8
Waterboy

Post by Ohionut8 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:26 pm

😂
That’s rich
Well if your not what qualifies you to call out others questions/opinions?

Well, if you’d just let little Joey Wannabe play more they’d be singing your praises on here.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Just like most struggling teams who want to get rid of their coach, I have to ask, what does the youth program look like at Chesapeake? Do they play amongst themselves or in a league with other teams? Are they developing players, or are the athletes just not there? You can have the best coach in the world, and still isn't going to get you wins if you don't have athletes. Sure, they will play hard and not get beat as bad, but just can't overcome some things. How long has the current coach been there? It's one thing if the kids just don't want to play for him, but it's another if there just isn't athletes period.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Ohionut8 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:54 am
!00 % agree with this, the whole culture needs to quite getting butthurt so easy, the only ones getting rich are the proctologist.
Hilarious! You guys ge on here and complain because Coach wont play your wimpy little kid and then you accuse me of getting butt hurt lo. Keep this jokes coming.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

sorry for the mis spells. are anglish teachers aint too good.

Return to “Football”