Marietta football - What's the deal ?

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Re: Marietta football - What's the deal ?

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

beg003 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:55 am
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:07 am
boss8 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:34 pm

The year before didnt Marietta win 20-0? Same margin of victory. And before last year, the best Warren team in years was the first team to beat Marietta in a while. I remember Warren getting 50 hung on them at their place not too long ago.

The way things are at Warren right now, Marietta may lay 50 on them again real soon. Rumor on the street is the new coach cleaned house with his staff. Most of the Warren alum coaches were axed. Not sure how the kids will respond to the absence of their long time coaches. They actually build relationships in 5-6 years of playing for the same guys. Always transition at Warren. Never seem to find the right chemistry to be successful in football for some reason.
What is this even supposed to mean, getting 50 hung on us again real soon? Because we lost 3 assistants that affect nothing? The problem coaches on staff were the Warren coaches. Our coach wants the best possible assistants that fit with his mindset. He doesn’t care where you’re from or who you are, if you don’t fit, you’re out. We’ve needed the house cleaned for a while.
So basically he doesn’t let his coaches give input? One of those coaches.. I see now. Only time will tell if that thinking works. If the coaches (who are adults) don’t fit in that mindset, how do you expect the kids to fit in? It’s high school football, not college and surely not the military.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:21 am

The way things are at Warren right now, Marietta may lay 50 on them again real soon. Rumor on the street is the new coach cleaned house with his staff. Most of the Warren alum coaches were axed. Not sure how the kids will respond to the absence of their long time coaches. They actually build relationships in 5-6 years of playing for the same guys. Always transition at Warren. Never seem to find the right chemistry to be successful in football for some reason.
What is this even supposed to mean, getting 50 hung on us again real soon? Because we lost 3 assistants that affect nothing? The problem coaches on staff were the Warren coaches. Our coach wants the best possible assistants that fit with his mindset. He doesn’t care where you’re from or who you are, if you don’t fit, you’re out. We’ve needed the house cleaned for a while.
So basically he doesn’t let his coaches give input? One of those coaches.. I see now. Only time will tell if that thinking works. If the coaches (who are adults) don’t fit in that mindset, how do you expect the kids to fit in? It’s high school football, not college and surely not the military.
Adults are oftentimes set in their ways. Kids rise to the level of expectation set, whether it’s low or high. Never said they can’t give input, but if they aren’t bought in, then it’s time to move on. Our other coaches come from historically good programs where the expectations were high every year. I don’t see how a staff full of those types of coaches would be a bad thing.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

beg003 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:37 am
Adults are oftentimes set in their ways. Kids rise to the level of expectation set, whether it’s low or high. Never said they can’t give input, but if they aren’t bought in, then it’s time to move on. Our other coaches come from historically good programs where the expectations were high every year. I don’t see how a staff full of those types of coaches would be a bad thing.
I hope you’re right. I’ve watched Warren be bad for a long time. Its just hard to believe that a state champion coach chose to leave with his son still on the team. Something just doesn’t fit right there. Just sayin’. How could that coach not be bought in?

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

If the assistant coaches don’t buy in and listen then they have to go. But players are what matters most. When they listen to the coaches we are undefeated.

I know, I was D1 fellas
*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

*D1* wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:12 pm

If the assistant coaches don’t buy in and listen then they have to go. But players are what matters most. When they listen to the coaches we are undefeated.

I know, I was D1 fellas
RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

You wont say that next year when you go 0-3 against Athens county. Only thing saving you from 0-4 is that you are afraid to play trimble.

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

I think I could do great things at a school like Marietta. Not as HC. I owuld suck at that. But I could offer alot as a life coach.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

boss8 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:34 pm

The year before didnt Marietta win 20-0? Same margin of victory. And before last year, the best Warren team in years was the first team to beat Marietta in a while. I remember Warren getting 50 hung on them at their place not too long ago.
you and I go back and forth a lot on here but I would agree that it's not often a sign of trouble if the head coach is choosing to turn over some staff. Now, if good assistants are leaving left and right, that's a different story. But I don't fault Warren's coach for feeling like he needs to upgrade some spots, that's probably a good sign.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

i don’t know enuff about the ins outs dos and donts of Marrietta football.

it’s not only baffled me in 2023 but it baffled me in the early 90s when i was finally old enuff to start following along high school football.

i have NEVER known Marrietta to ever field a competitive football program. i’m sure somewhere along the lines there was a winning season and run of a few games that they win back to back. or had back to back winning seasons. but there is nothing there at Marrietta that could make me say this is a football program to be reckoned with. now again. before you tiger fans start killing on me for teams n seasons i have missed that were good football teams. like i said i can only remember my experiences from a little tike in the 1990s of this team seldom ever being a handful on friday nights past a fluke games.

Marrietta more then likely to me is known to be more of a soccer school ???

and marrietta fans please don’t take that as i am putting your program down or bashing it. because that’s the opposite of what i wish for this program. i just simply stated my experience with the tigers. not bashing kids and a high school football program that’s in the public school system.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:27 pm

you and I go back and forth a lot on here but I would agree that it's not often a sign of trouble if the head coach is choosing to turn over some staff. Now, if good assistants are leaving left and right, that's a different story. But I don't fault Warren's coach for feeling like he needs to upgrade some spots, that's probably a good sign.
Glad it made sense to someone who has an objective point of view. A little back and forth never hurt anyone either, it keeps us on our toes.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:02 pm

I hope you’re right. I’ve watched Warren be bad for a long time. Its just hard to believe that a state champion coach chose to leave with his son still on the team. Something just doesn’t fit right there. Just sayin’. How could that coach not be bought in?
What state champioinship coach are you referring to? And what three coaches were replaced?

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Fletchlives wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:59 am
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:02 pm
What state champioinship coach are you referring to? And what three coaches were replaced?
Probably the same state championship coach that applied at Belpre. 🤷‍♂️

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

Is Marietta D1?

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:14 am Is Marietta D1?
They might be a large D3

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
westbrook2009
Waterboy

Post by westbrook2009 »

Wishing you all the best Tigers. Win or lose, the lessons and environment are all that matters. Welcome the adversity. It feels much better to climb out of a hole than to fall down from the top of the hill. You got this!

Return to “Football”