Marietta football - What's the deal ?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Marietta football - What's the deal ?

Post by noreply66 »

fielddaddy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:47 pm Never understood Marietta football and why they wasn’t better.
They have the athletes they not a team that depends on kids from the country to play like Logan does.
Always thought they could be a powerhouse with the right coaching and support.
as Vinton County and Morgan County

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Wildcatone
Riding the Bench

Post by Wildcatone »

I saw that the 2023 schedule is out and Marietta plays Fort Frye at home the first game of the year. Ouch !

08/18 H Beverly Fort Frye
08/25 A Zanesville West Muskingum
09/01 H The Plains Athens
09/08 A Uhrichsville Claymont
09/15 H Ripley (WV)
09/22 A Williamstown (WV)
09/29 A Logan
10/06 H Pomeroy Meigs
10/13 A Point Pleasant (WV)
10/20 H Vincent Warren

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Wildcatone wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:34 am I saw that the 2023 schedule is out and Marietta plays Fort Frye at home the first game of the year. Ouch !

08/18 H Beverly Fort Frye
08/25 A Zanesville West Muskingum
09/01 H The Plains Athens
09/08 A Uhrichsville Claymont
09/15 H Ripley (WV)
09/22 A Williamstown (WV)
09/29 A Logan
10/06 H Pomeroy Meigs
10/13 A Point Pleasant (WV)
10/20 H Vincent Warren
Best time to play them Fort lost 5 all state players. They are in the same league now hope it turns into a nice rivalry.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Marietta will stomp the mortal pizz out of fart frye this year

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:28 pm Marietta will stomp the mortal pizz out of fart frye this year
😂 oh wow I guess a guy can dream. :mrgreen:

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:28 pm Marietta will stomp the mortal pizz out of fart frye this year
Marietta will be lucky to win 5 games and they sure aren’t beating Fort Frye.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Both teams running the same offense The Cadets will be way ahead of Marietta. Qb Clayton Miller will be the best player on the field. Also Keegan Strode and Jordan Baker should be all state players. Cadets will be somewhat down but they’ll still be a playoff team. JV was loaded last year. Safety / RB Bryndan Riddle is really good as well.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:15 pm
I think other than Fort Frye and Williamstown, every game is certainly winnable. West M is improving and got them last year but isn't a powerhouse. Marietta hasn't lost to Athens in years. Claymont is a toss up. Ripley is way down and Marietta should beat them. Logan is a toss up, both programs in about the same place. Meigs is very winnable. Point Pleasant will be tough but not impossible. Warren isn't good, Marietta can definitely win that game.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

boss8 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm
I think other than Fort Frye and Williamstown, every game is certainly winnable. West M is improving and got them last year but isn't a powerhouse. Marietta hasn't lost to Athens in years. Claymont is a toss up. Ripley is way down and Marietta should beat them. Logan is a toss up, both programs in about the same place. Meigs is very winnable. Point Pleasant will be tough but not impossible. Warren isn't good, Marietta can definitely win that game.
Better fix the injury issue at Marietta. No doubt they can play with most teams but not when their star players are watching from the sidelines.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

We bring back every single one of our best football players. We finished the year 3-1 with a lot of positive momentum, so the “isn’t good” statement is a lazy take. We competed well with teams who were on or maybe slightly above our level, Marietta included. I expect Marietta to be better this season and hopefully healthy Week 10 so we can get the best possible matchup and see how it shakes out. If we aren’t good, then what are you?

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:28 pm

We bring back every single one of our best football players. We finished the year 3-1 with a lot of positive momentum, so the “isn’t good” statement is a lazy take. We competed well with teams who were on or maybe slightly above our level, Marietta included. I expect Marietta to be better this season and hopefully healthy Week 10 so we can get the best possible matchup and see how it shakes out. If we aren’t good, then what are you?
Marietta wasn’t good either, last year. Anyone who has ever watched football would know that. But the same reasoning for why Warren could be improved (young team last year, everyone coming back) can also be applied to Marietta. So relax there buddy, no need to come on this thread and get so riled up. Your kids don’t play for Warren anymore, you don’t need to take it so personal.

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

I am hopeful to see a complete resurgence of Washington county teams. We should see some really good football in the near future.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:38 pm
beg003 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:28 pm

Marietta wasn’t good either, last year. Anyone who has ever watched football would know that. But the same reasoning for why Warren could be improved (young team last year, everyone coming back) can also be applied to Marietta. So relax there buddy, no need to come on this thread and get so riled up. Your kids don’t play for Warren anymore, you don’t need to take it so personal.
Nothing personal about it, you’re 100% entitled to your opinion. Not riled up either, I just refuse to sit back and see lazy takes get thrown on here.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Warren beat Marietta 26-6 and the margin between those teams was a lot bigger than 20 points.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

bigblue52 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:13 pm Warren beat Marietta 26-6 and the margin between those teams was a lot bigger than 20 points.
The year before didnt Marietta win 20-0? Same margin of victory. And before last year, the best Warren team in years was the first team to beat Marietta in a while. I remember Warren getting 50 hung on them at their place not too long ago.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

boss8 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:34 pm
bigblue52 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:13 pm Warren beat Marietta 26-6 and the margin between those teams was a lot bigger than 20 points.
The year before didnt Marietta win 20-0? Same margin of victory. And before last year, the best Warren team in years was the first team to beat Marietta in a while. I remember Warren getting 50 hung on them at their place not too long ago.
The way things are at Warren right now, Marietta may lay 50 on them again real soon. Rumor on the street is the new coach cleaned house with his staff. Most of the Warren alum coaches were axed. Not sure how the kids will respond to the absence of their long time coaches. They actually build relationships in 5-6 years of playing for the same guys. Always transition at Warren. Never seem to find the right chemistry to be successful in football for some reason.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:07 am
The way things are at Warren right now, Marietta may lay 50 on them again real soon. Rumor on the street is the new coach cleaned house with his staff. Most of the Warren alum coaches were axed. Not sure how the kids will respond to the absence of their long time coaches. They actually build relationships in 5-6 years of playing for the same guys. Always transition at Warren. Never seem to find the right chemistry to be successful in football for some reason.
Really? That is interesting. From afar it seemed like they had some good coaches on the staff who cared about the kids. Isn’t the HC from out of town? Who is he getting to be on his staff?

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

I sure am glad you guys in Marietta have kept your sense of humor. We have a D1 coach. Havent you heard. This guy is gonna put a running clock on you just like he did with Belpre when he dang near scored 100 points.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:07 am
What is this even supposed to mean, getting 50 hung on us again real soon? Because we lost 3 assistants that affect nothing? The problem coaches on staff were the Warren coaches. Our coach wants the best possible assistants that fit with his mindset. He doesn’t care where you’re from or who you are, if you don’t fit, you’re out. We’ve needed the house cleaned for a while.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:37 am

I sure am glad you guys in Marietta have kept your sense of humor. We have a D1 coach. Havent you heard. This guy is gonna put a running clock on you just like he did with Belpre when he dang near scored 100 points.
The new guy at Belpre has reached out. We’re going to revamp that 1990’s Wing-T for him and get updated. Expect big things and a lot of points scored next year. The offense will be unstoppable if the players listen, just like at Meigs.

I know, I was D1 fellas

Return to “Football”