Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth 2022 Playoffs

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Round 2 Portsmouth @ Ironton

Post by art_vandelay »

Pinwheel wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:12 pm Don't put no stock in how good Ironton is by beating this Portsmouth team SMH.

On a side note someone just told me the PA announcer sounds drunk and took a tumble
Get what you’re saying, but 35-0 halftime lead in playoffs is taking care of bidness no matter who Ironton playing.

As for the PA announcer, 😂😂

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:22 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:12 pm Don't put no stock in how good Ironton is by beating this Portsmouth team SMH.

On a side note someone just told me the PA announcer sounds drunk and took a tumble
Get what you’re saying, but 35-0 halftime lead in playoffs is taking care of bidness no matter who Ironton playing.

As for the PA announcer, 😂😂
Oh yeah you are right but still....

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Portsmouth was never going to win this game. They were outmatched from the start. They just aren’t big or aggressive enough for a team like Ironton. That said having Pendleton & Heiland both out didn’t help matters. Noticed several plays I feel Pendleton would’ve made on defense that nobody was there. Good season by the Trojans. Need to get after it in the off-season, get a nice weight regime in place, and have the kids buy in. Lose a good senior class, but do have a ton of kids returning who seen significant minutes this year. Good luck to Ironton the rest of the way.

Who Dey!
TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

Seemed pretty much the same as first meeting. Ironton just smothered Duncan. Noticed they started just immediately throwing to the sidelines. Fairly clean and classy game between both teams this time.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I thought the Trojans would play better than they did. Didn’t expect a win but thought they’d play better. They played scared, a lot of team do that against Ironton.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth 2022 Playoffs

Post by mattash »

Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on the win.......and to the Trojans on a good season.

To get to the level of Ironton, the returning Trojans must work extra hard in the weight room and in overall conditioning. There are no shortcuts to being better in 2023.

GO TROJANS!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I agree with you trojandave Portsmouth has to get a condition and weight room program. You could see the size difference in the 2 teams. To be a good program you have to get the kids working during the off-season as well with things like weights. Look at Kirtland the last game of the season and the next morning they have a ton of kids in the weight room. Good year from Portsmouth, I’m curious how next seasons roster will look.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Until Portsmouth cleans house and gets coaches that care it's not going to change,they are getting 💯 out of all the athletes they have not to mention all the talent walking the hallways not playing

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsnutscioto »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:34 pm Until Portsmouth cleans house and gets coaches that care it's not going to change,they are getting 💯 out of all the athletes they have not to mention all the talent walking the hallways not playing
The players that want to be there are there. Sometimes that best athletes and most talented players aren’t the best teammates. If better athletes are walking the halls and not playing, it’s because they choose not to play. The Trojans have had some pretty solid seasons as of late and are relevant again. The players that are there, respect their coaches. Let’s keep it real, too many of the “talent walking the halls not playing” have the wrong people feeding them the wrong message at home. I say congrats on a respectable season for the Trojans. Work hard this off season and work to improve.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Agree to disagree

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

sportsnutscioto wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:20 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:34 pm Until Portsmouth cleans house and gets coaches that care it's not going to change,they are getting 💯 out of all the athletes they have not to mention all the talent walking the hallways not playing
The players that want to be there are there. Sometimes that best athletes and most talented players aren’t the best teammates. If better athletes are walking the halls and not playing, it’s because they choose not to play. The Trojans have had some pretty solid seasons as of late and are relevant again. The players that are there, respect their coaches. Let’s keep it real, too many of the “talent walking the halls not playing” have the wrong people feeding them the wrong message at home. I say congrats on a respectable season for the Trojans. Work hard this off season and work to improve.
Agree

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Am I correct to assume that Pendleton is #40?
I'll say this,it was posted that he was in a boot all week.
He hobbled out on the field and tried to get warmed up to play. Even after the half he was running up and down the sideline,In my opinion to let coaches see he could play. The kid has heart no doubt

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Taylormade wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:20 pm Am I correct to assume that Pendleton is #40?
I'll say this,it was posted that he was in a boot all week.
He hobbled out on the field and tried to get warmed up to play. Even after the half he was running up and down the sideline,In my opinion to let coaches see he could play. The kid has heart no doubt
That kid is the heart and soul of that team , gives 1000% each game. That’s a huge loss for nexts years team. Kid could catch anything thrown to him as well.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

sportsnutscioto wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:20 pm
Spot on, as a graduate of Portsmouth I can assure you everything in the post above is true. For whatever reason the kids at Portsmouth just don't commit to sports like other schools and I don't think it's because of coaches. In general, even outside of sports Portsmouth kids just have a more "don't care" attitude. I had more friends from other schools (Burg, Minford, West, etc) and the difference was obvious and something that was talked about. Not trying to diss Portsmouth at all, love my Trojans just speaking on what I have personally witnessed.

Return to “Football”