Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth 2022 Playoffs

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

Thoughts?

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Ironton Vs Portsmouth (Round 2)

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Much closer than last week is all I know.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

What makes you think this? Portsmouth has gotten so much better in 1 week and Ironton has lost their way?

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Ironton Looked be really Good to me, I don't know how anybody thinks Ironton has lost their way lol.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

IronTon finally flexed the running game with a multitude of players while Star back Feilder rests with week off & Carpenter has heckuva passing game.

IromTon PEAKING.

My only concern is physicality of PHS dinging the tigers.

If tigers stay healthy, theyll win & be a R19 d5 contrnder.

Impressive showings last month!

#GoTgo

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Taylormade wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:08 pm What makes you think this? Portsmouth has gotten so much better in 1 week and Ironton has lost their way?
Lost their way? That's extreme lol but just look at last season.. week 10 Ironton wins 36-9 then week 12 they only win 17-6. It's not a crazy thing to assume the score will be closer, and I definitely don't think Ironton has "lost their way" lol

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:21 pm
Taylormade wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:08 pm What makes you think this? Portsmouth has gotten so much better in 1 week and Ironton has lost their way?
Lost their way? That's extreme lol but just look at last season.. week 10 Ironton wins 36-9 then week 12 they only win 17-6. It's not a crazy thing to assume the score will be closer, and I definitely don't think Ironton has "lost their way" lol
That's what I'm saying I think it may be closer, but I'm sure glad Ironton has cut down on the Penalties.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I think Ironton wins, and they are clearly the favorites. That said it’s hard to beat a team twice in one season. Obviously 2 different teams but last year Week 10 the Tigers beat the Trojans soundly. Week 12 the Trojans gave Ironton quite the fight. Not sure it’ll be 17-6 but I think the Trojans will play better than they did 2 weeks ago. Always hard to win at the Tank. Cool place to play though, I expect a big crowd. Go Trojans!

Who Dey!
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

It took the coaches 11 weeks but they finally figured out who the starting running back should be,Truitt didn't put up a lot of yards but he put up some very important yards .

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojan defense looks pretty good, starting truett at running back was a great choice by the coach. Game will come down to Portsmouth’s offensive line and give Duncan some time. And ironton will love having number 10 back lol.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Game is at Ironton right?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

mattash wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:04 pm Game is at Ironton right?
Highest seed HFA FIRST TWO ROUNDS.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Round 2 Portsmouth @ Ironton

Offensive stats for Portsmouth vs Union Local

Tyler Duncan: 17-23, 150 yards, TD
Brenden Truett: 14 carries, 63 yards
Beau Hammond: 4 carries, 51 yards, TD
Jayden Duncan: 6 catches, 45 yards
Nolan Heiland: 2 catches, 36 yards, TD
- stats from SOSA

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton by a couple

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Twoo2Cents00 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:14 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:04 pm Trojan defense looks pretty good, starting truett at running back was a great choice by the coach. Game will come down to Portsmouth’s offensive line and give Duncan some time. And ironton will love having number 10 back lol.
Mr. Middle finger didnt sit a quarter huh? Classy. Smh
You seem upset. I’ll tell you what, I’ll be at the game next Friday. Let’s meet up and I’ll put both of my middle fingers in your face :)

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

PROUD of the Trojans for their Week 11 road win over Union Local. That's 2 years in a row winning in Week 11 on the road.

To the game next Friday.......2 things happened in the first matchup that cannot happen this time around if Portsmouth is to win or be at least competitive.....1) the PHS offensive line has to play much better. Ironton's D-line was in the Trojans backfield all night, giving Tyler Duncan virtually no time to throw. 2) The Trojans must be able to contain Ty Perkins, who had a monster night at the PHS Coliseum. If these 2 things happen again, Ironton will win easily.

Even though the first game was 42-7 in favor of Ironton, the game was only 14-0 late in the 2nd quarter. Then some Trojans miscues, giving Ironton short fields, caused the score to balloon to 28-0 at the half. Defensively, with the exception of covering Perkins, the PHS defense didn't actually play that bad. They contained the IHS running game.

Obviously, Ironton is once again the heavy favorite to win and move on. What I want to see out of the Trojans is to bring the fight to the Fighting Tigers and make them work for everything.

GO TROJANS!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

trojandave wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:31 am
Even though the first game was 42-7 in favor of Ironton, the game was only 14-0 late in the 2nd quarter. Then some Trojans miscues, giving Ironton short fields, caused the score to balloon to 28-0 at the half. Defensively, with the exception of covering Perkins, the PHS defense didn't actually play that bad. They contained the IHS running game.

As a Tiger Fan, it is becoming quite common for them to come to life at this point. Everyone brings all they have at IHS & the boys adjust & roll ON!

I have no ill will toward any of IHS opponents & courteous posters on here.

I wish PHS the best.

BUT- The Tigers i saw last night, without leading rusher Amari Feilder & a couple others out, is the tiger team ive been waiting for ALL SEASON & the one that matches pre-season hype!

Roar on FighTing TiGers!!!!

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:49 pm
trojandave wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:31 am

As a Tiger Fan, it is becoming quite common for them to come to life at this point. Everyone brings all they have at IHS & the boys adjust & roll ON!

I have no ill will toward any of IHS opponents & courteous posters on here.

I wish PHS the best.

BUT- The Tigers i saw last night, without leading rusher Amari Feilder & a couple others out, is the tiger team ive been waiting for ALL SEASON & the one that matches pre-season hype!

Roar on FighTing TiGers!!!!

Based on a game against Minford Falcons?

They was without their starting QB and a bottom team in the soc .

😂

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck to the Tigers in this one

6O HORN3TS 🐝
TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

Don’t think it will be a running clock this time, but likely to be 2 or 3 scores if Ironton can pressure the qb again. Ironton will get its points against that defense, depends on if Portsmouth can keep up.

Return to “Football”