Post by mattash »

Who is Jackson playing?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Round 2 ???? @ Jackson

Post by VetteMan »

mattash wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:36 pm Who is Jackson playing?
Should be Granville.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Re: Round 2 Granville @ Jackson

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I’ll take Jackson 28-14

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

35-21 Jackson

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Pulling for Jackson should be a good game ! Hoping home field helps Jackson !

SE0PScommenter
Riding the Bench

Post by SE0PScommenter »

Now the playoffs really start. Jackson looked somewhat efficient against Miami Trace. But after they got out to the quick 21-0 lead, Miami Trace just looked like they didn't want to be there.

Jackson in a close one.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Granville’s defense must be pretty good to hold one of the top Ohio QB’s to 20 points. As a sophomore has offers from Florida, Louisville, and Iowa State

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Let’s go Ironmen!

Maga2022
Waterboy

Post by Maga2022 »

This will be a great game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Granville's defense is always good they play sound fundamental football and typically don't make those game breaking mistakes and will have minimal penalties. This will be Jackson's toughest opponent of the year especially given how Granville performs come playoff time, I'm going to take Jackson at home by 7 but they must play mistake free ball. However if they can't play a clean game don't be surprised if Granville walks away with the W.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:22 pm Granville's defense is always good they play sound fundamental football and typically don't make those game breaking mistakes and will have minimal penalties. This will be Jackson's toughest opponent of the year especially given how Granville performs come playoff time, I'm going to take Jackson at home by 7 but they must play mistake free ball. However if they can't play a clean game don't be surprised if Granville walks away with the W.
I don’t think mistake free is necessary at all. I can side with being even on turnover differential but I also think they can be -1 and still walk away with a win

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:59 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:22 pm Granville's defense is always good they play sound fundamental football and typically don't make those game breaking mistakes and will have minimal penalties. This will be Jackson's toughest opponent of the year especially given how Granville performs come playoff time, I'm going to take Jackson at home by 7 but they must play mistake free ball. However if they can't play a clean game don't be surprised if Granville walks away with the W.
I don’t think mistake free is necessary at all. I can side with being even on turnover differential but I also think they can be -1 and still walk away with a win
Really?? You made the assumption that so many others make and that you think mistake free football means turnovers and that's simply not the truth. When I say mistake free football, you must minimize the turnovers obviously but you can't fumble it 3-4 times and have to recover it and it makes things look good from a turnover differential standpoint those are drive killers. If Jackson is even on the turnovers you're ok, but are you ok if Jackson has drive killing penalties, start racking up penalties, missed assignments blown coverages. These are the things I look at when I say mistake free, obviously some of that is going to happen but you can't get in a game where penalties start to kill you, just much more to it than saying oh we won the turnover battle.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:25 pm
Really?? You made the assumption that so many others make and that you think mistake free football means turnovers and that's simply not the truth. When I say mistake free football, you must minimize the turnovers obviously but you can't fumble it 3-4 times and have to recover it and it makes things look good from a turnover differential standpoint those are drive killers. If Jackson is even on the turnovers you're ok, but are you ok if Jackson has drive killing penalties, start racking up penalties, missed assignments blown coverages. These are the things I look at when I say mistake free, obviously some of that is going to happen but you can't get in a game where penalties start to kill you, just much more to it than saying oh we won the turnover battle.
I just disagree with your wording. Mistake free to me means without mistakes. I like the “clean” game wording better. It’s semantics a bit….we agree on our thoughts to this game.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Jackson just needs to play Jackson football and they will win. Granville is a good team and this won’t be easy, but playoff wins aren’t supposed to be easy. Hoping Jackson can take Region 11.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:34 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:25 pm

I just disagree with your wording. Mistake free to me means without mistakes. I like the “clean” game wording better. It’s semantics a bit….we agree on our thoughts to this game.
Yeah I can go with that, I'd say clean game is a better fit. Granville is just one of those teams that typically play that type of game and Jackson opens that door up for them to take advantage they will. Jackson should be able to pull this off but this is for sure not that round 2 type of look past game with Granville's history. They're obviously not the same team but you're going up against last years regional champs.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

JHS at home gets the W I feel. Good luck to both teams. Just out of curiosity, what kind of band does Granville have?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:58 am JHS at home gets the W I feel. Good luck to both teams. Just out of curiosity, what kind of band does Granville have?
They typically have a top notch marching band

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Granville is always a strong team. Should be a good one.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Lucky5
Waterboy

Post by Lucky5 »

If Jackson can score over 28 points they win the game. If it’s low scoring it could be interesting. Jackson has really turned up the physicality and intensity late in the year.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:31 am
packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:58 am JHS at home gets the W I feel. Good luck to both teams. Just out of curiosity, what kind of band does Granville have?
They typically have a top notch marching band
Cool. Thanks. Those bands only add to the atmosphere that much more.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”