Ironton out of OVC in 2024.

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton voted out of OVC (RUMOR)

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

kantucky wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:48 am
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:25 am
BigSpoon wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:56 pm

They do and then when the jv scores people are still mad af!
You are correct I didn’t see a couple games where they did that. Can’t be mad if the JV scored tho 😂
I agree, they're wanting to play and they've got the fans watching. Of course they want to do well. I hate that running clock! It was a chance to allow the younger boys and back-ups a chance to play under the lights. To punish all the kids to correct the few coaches that won't call off the dogs wasn't fair
Agreed they practice hard every week! If my JV can put points up in your varsity that’s not a me problem that’s a you problem 😂

14U
S

Post by 14U »

When Ironton went in league they weren’t that good and OVC teams could beat them but after season one with Pendleton and then all people transferring in or getting apartments so their kids could play football in Ironton. Same happen with lutz coached. Now again since Ironton is good again and in playoffs to State teams don’t want to play them. Also OVC has D-VI too.Ironton needs to play up with the players they got coming in and who wants to beat up on or blowout every team you play against not very good D-V and D-VI schools. If I was Ironton getting out and playing better schools is who I would want to play. You got Ky , WV and OH to pick up a independent schedule

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

TTT

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

What's up with Ironton looking into filling out there 2024 schedule? Am I reading to much into this?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Rumor is Ironton is out of OVC in 2024. A couple schools pushed for this and gave them an ultimatum of either find more teams to join and split into 2 divisions or leave. Sounds like Ironton is odd man out.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

I believe they are out in football only. Heard it was a unanimous vote so maybe Ironton requested this?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I’ve heard the deal is

Ironton is out in football only
League will not add anyone new
Fairland, Gallia, and Portsmouth have all agreed to play Ironton in Weeks 8-10

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Pathetic

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:49 pm I’ve heard the deal is

That sounds good to me, hopefully that happens.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Kudos to Fairland , Portsmouth, and Gallia Academy .

REDMEN95
JV Team

Re: Ironton out of OVC (OFFICALLY).

Post by REDMEN95 »

So if you can’t beat ‘‘em just kick them out? So who will be next?

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton out of OVC (OFFICALLY).

Post by gobucs20 »

Can't compete. Throw a fit. Take your toys and go home

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:49 pm I’ve heard the deal is

Cute to say now but we’ll see how that pans out also if Ironton were to get into a league that won’t happen either. Also curious if it’s football only could Ironton go FAC?

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Ironton out of OVC in 2024.

Post by XandOs »

I expect the only teams from this area to stay on Irontons schedule will be Wheelersburg, Jackson and Portsmouth. I think the others will say they are planning to play but after a couple of years they will find more competitive games.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

If this true I would beat every OVC team that would not play Ironton by 100 points. Here we go again with this generation of kids if you can’t win just quit!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

What if Ironton requested it? What were the other schools supposed to do? Not let them leave?

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:51 am Ironton has for sure won girls basketball multiple times, but this is further proof kicking Ironton out is just dumb and is being done to serve the interests of Little Dad and Little Dad alone. Just during Ironton’s time in the league, Fairland boys basketball has won more OVC titles than Ironton football. Don’t have exact numbers, but my guess is the same with Gallia volleyball. I don’t hear the drumbeat to kick those schools out, primarily because Little Dad doesn’t care about those.

Not true. Ironton Girls basketball run was before they entered the OVC.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Time to kick out Fairland Boys and Girls basketball then!!!!! If these schools want a JV league then kick out all of the good teams over the past 5-10 years!!!

With 16 teams making the playoffs in football you can afford an extra loss. You know how many times my older brother beat me in basketball before I started beating him!!!! This is just terrible.

PointerHornet89
Waterboy

Post by PointerHornet89 »

I guess I’m a little confused here, but I thought the OVC didn’t prepare Ironton for the playoffs and this is what they wanted so they could schedule tougher competition. Maybe I’m mistaken.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

goUK wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:42 am Time to kick out Fairland Boys and Girls basketball then!!!!! If these schools want a JV league then kick out all of the good teams over the past 5-10 years!!!

With 16 teams making the playoffs in football you can afford an extra loss. You know how many times my older brother beat me in basketball before I started beating him!!!! This is just terrible.
I think this goes beyond wins and losses. Follow the bread crumbs.

Win, win for everyone. Ironton can openly recruit without offending anyone, they can go play moellers, etc. And the rest of the OVC can drum Ironton in all the other sports, chest thump and not worry about getting blown out on FRYDAYS. Ironton go around bragging about making deep playoff runs with their recruits, and the rest of the county can stop worrying about it.

Return to “Football”