Ironton 19

Wheelersburg 21
Ironton 21

Used previous year data

Ironton 24
Wheelersburg 20

There it is folks. Facts do not lie.

🧐 very telling.
Last edited by Ironmen98 on Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

RBH23
S

Re: Ironton out of OVC in 2024.

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:20 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:02 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:25 am

Just stop , Burg gets a lot of “move ins” at a young age , plenty in baseball and softball. You’re in denial. Jackson don’t have a state championship, but Jackson had years and years of football tradition. Stop being holier than thou.
And since you brought up baseball and softball, do you really know what you are talking about?

Burg’s first baseball title was full of kids that had been at Burg their entire lives. Same for the other two state titles.

Look at the names on the softball team that just won the state: Howard, Eaton, Boggs, Lang, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery…. Many names of the girls that won the softball little league World Series. Also names of families that go back multiple generations at Burg.

Many on this site falsely assume that Burg has built their success on transfers. They hear about one every few years and jump on that one as if it’s the norm. Reality is that it’s not.
How many transfers did Burg have in 2017?

Ohsaa has their CB number at 25 for that season. Way more than most public schools . 🤔
That doesn’t tell you the number of transfers. This is what you are not able to understand.

Let me give you an example: a kid from Wheelersburg played football at Burg. Went to Burg all of his life. Has a Wheelersburg address. Yet he’s not in the Burg school district. So he counts against the CB.

So you come on here and say: look he’s a transfer the same as Perkins was for Ironton.

But that kid’s father went to Burg from k-12. His grandfather went to Burg. His cousins and entire family are From Burg. The darn stadium is named after his family! And yet you equate that to a kid who transfer in for a few years strictly to play football.

Now this Is not an exceptional case. This is very common in Burg. The town is land-locked and surrounded by four other school districts. Housing is limited and expensive. So once Burg opened their borders about 20+ years ago, families started buying houses and communities were developed along the Burg border with many of these kids choosing to go to Burg starting in kindergarten.

Top athletes from local schools rarely transfer to Burg.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:30 am 2017
Wheelersburg 25
Ironton 15

Wheelersburg 30
Ironton 14

Wheelersburg 28
Ironton 19

Wheelersburg 21
Ironton 21

Used previous year data

Ironton 24
Wheelersburg 20

🧐 very telling.
But misunderstanding these facts does create lies.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:33 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:30 am 2017
Wheelersburg 25
Ironton 15

Wheelersburg 30
Ironton 14

Wheelersburg 28
Ironton 19

Wheelersburg 21
Ironton 21

Used previous year data

Ironton 24
Wheelersburg 20

🧐 very telling.
But misunderstanding these facts does create lies.
😂 ok man.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:32 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:02 am

And since you brought up baseball and softball, do you really know what you are talking about?

Burg’s first baseball title was full of kids that had been at Burg their entire lives. Same for the other two state titles.

Look at the names on the softball team that just won the state: Howard, Eaton, Boggs, Lang, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery…. Many names of the girls that won the softball little league World Series. Also names of families that go back multiple generations at Burg.

Many on this site falsely assume that Burg has built their success on transfers. They hear about one every few years and jump on that one as if it’s the norm. Reality is that it’s not.

Ohsaa has their CB number at 25 for that season. Way more than most public schools . 🤔
That doesn’t tell you the number of transfers. This is what you are not able to understand.

Let me give you an example: a kid from Wheelersburg played football at Burg. Went to Burg all of his life. Has a Wheelersburg address. Yet he’s not in the Burg school district. So he counts against the CB.

So you come on here and say: look he’s a transfer the same as Perkins was for Ironton.

But that kid’s father went to Burg from k-12. His grandfather went to Burg. His cousins and entire family are From Burg. The darn stadium is named after his family! And yet you equate that to a kid who transfer in for a few years strictly to play football.

Now this Is not an exceptional case. This is very common in Burg. The town is land-locked and surrounded by four other school districts. Housing is limited and expensive. So once Burg opened their borders about 20+ years ago, families started buying houses and communities were developed along the Burg border with many of these kids choosing to go to Burg starting in kindergarten.

I don’t care when they come or what their skill set is. You’re getting kids coming to your school that should be in another district and they’re playing football for Wheelersburg. Facts dont lie.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Sorry guys , hate that I had to destroy your narrative.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

When is the last time that a Southeastern Ohio team in any division except for the Burg in 2017 won a state championship. I know ironton has been there but we're dominated each time. I think there is a reason the ohsaa sets up the final four so a seo team at least has a chance to make it to canton once in a while.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:37 am

I don’t care when they come or what their skill set is. You’re getting kids coming to your school that should be in another district and they’re playing football for Wheelersburg. Facts dont lie.
So you are saying that a kid that enrolls in a school in kindergarten is the same as a kid that transfers into a high school just for football?

Wow! Who’s the one now in denial?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:08 am

So you are saying that a kid that enrolls in a school in kindergarten is the same as a kid that transfers into a high school just for football?

Does that change the fact that that kid should be in someone else’s school system ?

We won’t agree , I listed the facts so others can make up own minds.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:39 am Sorry guys , hate that I had to destroy your narrative.
You haven’t destroyed any narrative. You’re making a false comparison and not willing to accept reality in order to protect your flimsy claim about the need for transfers.

A kid who starts at a school in kindergarten cannot, by definition, be a transfer. But you are redefining words now because your theory has collapsed.

A kid that moves into a school district at a young age is different than a high school kid (football star at current school) moving into a district strictly for football. One kid has no immediate impact on the team, and may never even play football. The other has an immediate positive impact on the team.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:10 am

Does that change the fact that that kid should be in someone else’s school system ?

But the discussion is on transfers. This kid is never considered a transfer!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:16 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:39 am Sorry guys , hate that I had to destroy your narrative.
You haven’t destroyed any narrative. You’re making a false comparison and not willing to accept reality in order to protect your flimsy claim about the need for transfers.

A kid who starts at a school in kindergarten cannot, by definition, be a transfer. But you are redefining words now because your theory has collapsed.

A kid that moves into a school district at a young age is different than a high school kid (football star at current school) moving into a district strictly for football. One kid has no immediate impact on the team, and may never even play football. The other has an immediate positive impact on the team.
Spin the numbers all you want. They’re posted, everyone can come to their own conclusion.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

It just goes to show kids are transferring from many schools where football is better.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

But the discussion is on transfers. This kid is never considered a transfer!

Numbers do not lie my friend. Have a good day.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:17 am

Spin the numbers all you want. They’re posted, everyone can come to their own conclusion.
You are the one spinning the numbers, I’m explaining what they mean.

Here’s an example: a family can move into a school district with their high school son, and that counts as zero to the CB.

But a kid that went to a school k-12, but lives outside the district counts as 1 against CB.

In your mind, the second kid is a transfer and the first is not since the CB number says so! 🤦‍♂️

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What he's saying is Burg will always have a decent CB due to the surrounding areas. There are many kids who start at Burg, but they technically live in another district. For example, if you drive another two or three miles past the old grade school on dogwood ridge, you will be in south webster district but burg high school is the closer school to attend. Before open enrollment, those kids would have to wait on the webster bus to pick them up.

Whereas Ironton has had proven talent come in high school.

Yes both have increased CB, yet they are vastly different in context.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:25 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:17 am

You are the one spinning the numbers, I’m explaining what they mean.

Here’s an example: a family can move into a school district with their high school son, and that counts as zero to the CB.

But a kid that went to a school k-12, but lives outside the district counts as 1 against CB.

In your mind, the second kid is a transfer and the first is not since the CB number says so! 🤦‍♂️
Not my formula , it’s the ohsaa that came to that conclusion.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:27 am

What he's saying is Burg will always have a decent CB due to the surrounding areas. There are many kids who start at Burg, but they technically live in another district. For example, if you drive another two or three miles past the old grade school on dogwood ridge, you will be in south webster district but burg high school is the closer school to attend. Before open enrollment, those kids would have to wait on the webster bus to pick them up.

Whereas Ironton has had proven talent come in high school.

Yes both have increased CB, yet they are vastly different in context.
So technically burg is the beneficiary of students live in other school districts, but chose to attend burg over the greens and Websters.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

osu 77 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:21 am It just goes to show kids are transferring from many schools where football is better.
My guess is Burg will start reaching out to kids in the county now that this seems to be more and more the norm. OHSAA will probably lift any transfer restriction soon. With social media, it's harder to keep track and harder to have jurisdiction.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Tiger Clan is building another apartment complex with this news. Going to look to get kids from the best areas of the country for talent. Those areas are Florida, Texas, and houses bordering the Wheelersburg school district.

Return to “Football”