Ironton out of OVC in 2024.

2trap_4ever
S

Re: Ironton voted out of OVC (RUMOR)

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Not all of us Grovers want Iro ton out, but at the same time how do we balance the playing field? The only option is expansion but who do we get? I would like to see two big schools come in. I would like to invite Jackson but what "big" school is close enough to the OVC that would fill the second school. Truly trying to figure this out and make this conference better for everyone.

Ironton
Jackson
Gallia
Portsmouth
?

Coal Grove
Rock Hill
South Point
Peake
Fairland

Would be a great two division conference but who can we get as the mystery team.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Coal Grove gave Fort Fry a heck of a fight last night and I think Ironton Gallia and Portsmouth being in the OVC helped them do that.
Helped them face better competition prepared them for the games that do matter in the playoffs.
If Ironton gets put out how long before Gallia or Portsmouth do to.
I want Ironton in the OVC for the other sports for Football it's a mixed bag expansion isn't the answer Ironton wants to option to schedule up and well the OVC expanding won't do that.
Johnson Central Jackson is scheduling up Burg is a great rivalry.
And that fills the schedule out counting the OVC games.
Not much wiggling room now.
So mixed feeling for staying in the OVC for football.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

2trap_4ever wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:44 am Not all of us Grovers want Iro ton out, but at the same time how do we balance the playing field? The only option is expansion but who do we get? I would like to see two big schools come in. I would like to invite Jackson but what "big" school is close enough to the OVC that would fill the second school. Truly trying to figure this out and make this conference better for everyone.

Ironton
Jackson
Gallia
Portsmouth
?

Coal Grove
Rock Hill
South Point
Peake
Fairland

Would be a great two division conference but who can we get as the mystery team.
I don't really see Jackson as a realistic option. There is no incentive for them to leave the stability of the FAC with schools their own size to then join a conference comprised of schools 2 or 3 divisions smaller. Obviously stranger things have happened, but a move like that doesn't make a lot of sense in my opinion. I've said it before and I will say it again, Oak Hill and River Valley should be the target schools for expansion based on size and location. Would either of these schools be interested? I have no idea, but OVC reps should be reaching out to those two schools like yesterday.

Ironton
Gallia Academy
Fairland
Portsmouth
South Point

Dawson-Bryant
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
River Valley
Chesapeake

All the schools in the big division voted against talks with the SOC except Ironton. Whatever the reason may be, it leads me to believe that these schools are ok with the league as it is. It could be that they only voted against talks because of travel to SOC country. Who knows, but Fairland and South Point apparently don't mind being in a league with Ironton.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Vegeta wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:39 pm
2trap_4ever wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:44 am Not all of us Grovers want Iro ton out, but at the same time how do we balance the playing field? The only option is expansion but who do we get? I would like to see two big schools come in. I would like to invite Jackson but what "big" school is close enough to the OVC that would fill the second school. Truly trying to figure this out and make this conference better for everyone.

Ironton
Jackson
Gallia
Portsmouth
?

Coal Grove
Rock Hill
South Point
Peake
Fairland

I don't really see Jackson as a realistic option. There is no incentive for them to leave the stability of the FAC with schools their own size to then join a conference comprised of schools 2 or 3 divisions smaller. Obviously stranger things have happened, but a move like that doesn't make a lot of sense in my opinion. I've said it before and I will say it again, Oak Hill and River Valley should be the target schools for expansion based on size and location. Would either of these schools be interested? I have no idea, but OVC reps should be reaching out to those two schools like yesterday.

Ironton
Gallia Academy
Fairland
Portsmouth
South Point

Dawson-Bryant
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
River Valley
Chesapeake

All the schools in the big division voted against talks with the SOC except Ironton. Whatever the reason may be, it leads me to believe that these schools are ok with the league as it is. It could be that they only voted against talks because of travel to SOC country. Who knows, but Fairland and South Point apparently don't mind being in a league with Ironton.
I don't see River valley coming back to the OVC and Oak Hill would be a good option but I don't see them jumping leagues to taking a beating in the OVC.
Options are really slim to who to invite Jackson is in a great league for them right now so I don't see them leaving.
The OVC is set at who it has for now for better or worse.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Ironton
Jackson
Gallia
Portsmouth
?

Coal Grove
Rock Hill
South Point
Peake
Fairland

Portsmouth is more competitive with the teams on the bottom than on the top.

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

Ironton only dominates football in the OVC, they don't dominate any other sport in the conference, and just a matter of time before Ironton is no longer dominating football.why would we ever vote them out?

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:50 pm Ironton only dominates football in the OVC, they don't dominate any other sport in the conference, and just a matter of time before Ironton is no longer dominating football.why would we ever vote them out?
Well Ironton left the teen ovc and RH swept the a,b,c superbowls. So maybe they are thinking on that 😂

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Keeping IRONTON in the OVC is good for all schools!

OVC Champ
Waterboy

Post by OVC Champ »

Is there anything backing these claims besides a rumor?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

OVC Champ wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:05 am Is there anything backing these claims besides a rumor?
Highly doubt it lol

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

OVC Champ wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:05 am Is there anything backing these claims besides a rumor?
Just wishful thinking I believe some teams want Ironton out some Ironton fans want Ironton out.
In reality it's not fruitful for all other Ironton sports to go Independent.
football not a big deal Ironton wants to schedule better teams in football and that is fine.
In other sports it's not I remember those late nights in the old SEOAL and they was some late nights to.
But as far as proof I don't believe there is any it's a rumor is all it is.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Think people are overreacting to Ironton's recent success over the past 4 seasons. Look at Burg in SOCII for example, they have taken home the gold ball for sooo many years but don't see people asking for their exit. Plus as others have mentioned, football is the only sport they dominate. Burg at least somewhat dominates in multiple sports but again, no one is asking for their exit.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

fielddaddy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:43 pm
Just wishful thinking I believe some teams want Ironton out some Ironton fans want Ironton out.
football not a big deal Ironton wants to schedule better teams in football and that is fine.
In other sports it's not I remember those late nights in the old SEOAL and they was some late nights to.
This is my concern. The rest of Ironton sports are mid pack in the OVC. My issue with the football is the running up the score just to make yourself feel superior. We already now you are the better team, when up bt 35 call off the dogs and let your younger guys get some playing time.

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

2trap_4ever wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:16 am
This is my concern. The rest of Ironton sports are mid pack in the OVC. My issue with the football is the running up the score just to make yourself feel superior. We already now you are the better team, when up bt 35 call off the dogs and let your younger guys get some playing time.
This is what's confusing me watching film. They are up big and still passing the ball. Cant figure out why they don't run the ball in those situations.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton did call the dogs off in seygames against Coal Grove I heard they didn’t but I think it was personal then.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:41 am

This is what's confusing me watching film. They are up big and still passing the ball. Cant figure out why they don't run the ball in those situations.
Running clock anyways, so doesn’t really matter

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

BigSpoon wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:33 am

That’s a bad rebuttal get your JV in and let them get some reps.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:37 am

They do and then when the jv scores people are still mad af!

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

BigSpoon wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:56 pm

You are correct I didn’t see a couple games where they did that. Can’t be mad if the JV scored tho 😂

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:25 am
BigSpoon wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:56 pm

You are correct I didn’t see a couple games where they did that. Can’t be mad if the JV scored tho 😂
I agree, they're wanting to play and they've got the fans watching. Of course they want to do well. I hate that running clock! It was a chance to allow the younger boys and back-ups a chance to play under the lights. To punish all the kids to correct the few coaches that won't call off the dogs wasn't fair

Return to “Football”