Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

REDMEN95
JV Team

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by REDMEN95 »

We Would Be Happy To Host This Game At Rock Hill!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:17 pm Ironton 12-0 having a special season and battle tested as always.
Special program. They are built for this.
West Siders have had a great season as well.
Should be a hard hitting dandy!!
Haven’t seen you in a few weeks 😂

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

Hoping to watch this at valley, big field and nice parking. I like Ironton in this one, CA qb was a lil off but had men open all night. It took west til 3rd to wear down that d-line and get the ground game going in my opinion. Ironton has men to come in fresh, Ironton by 3tds

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Official word is Trojan Coliseum.

Kind of funny, when we went on our state run we played the regional championship game against Portsmouth at Ironton. 20 years later we get Ironton at Portsmouth

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Considering this game will be played at West’s home field from last year, just another OHSAA screw job.

In all seriousness, best site for the game IMO. Get The Ribber ready.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

It’s official it’s at Portsmouth

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Best site available good job ohsaa and good luck to the senator's

Burg grad 85
MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:45 am
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:17 pm Ironton 12-0 having a special season and battle tested as always.
Special program. They are built for this.
West Siders have had a great season as well.
Should be a hard hitting dandy!!
Haven’t seen you in a few weeks 😂
Not much to talk about this way. Lol

On to the hardwood.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Portsmouth has a ton of parking on the street and all around the schools, library and churches next to it. It also doesn't bottleneck as bad (if you know where to park) and everything is level.

MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

I feel like people just like to complain about games being played in Portsmouth just to be negative about Portsmouth. Fact of the matter is, there is ample parking and plenty of places to grab a bite. Unique in its own right, The Coliseum is a great place and location for this game.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:20 am Portsmouth has a ton of parking on the street and all around the schools, library and churches next to it. It also doesn't bottleneck as bad (if you know where to park) and everything is level.

Doesn't really matter where you park , several ways out from any where you park,and it doesn't cost 5.00 to park

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

MeanJoeGreene wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:32 am I feel like people just like to complain about games being played in Portsmouth just to be negative about Portsmouth. Fact of the matter is, there is ample parking and plenty of places to grab a bite. Unique in its own right, The Coliseum is a great place and location for this game.
People complain too much in general. It’s the most logical place given the circumstances. The coliseum is a great place to watch a game. Can squeeze in a lot of people on the levy and the home side is huge . I wish the away side was little bigger, we are probably gonna lose some fans to the home side just for that reason. But I hope for a packed house and an entertaining game

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:37 am
MeanJoeGreene wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:32 am I feel like people just like to complain about games being played in Portsmouth just to be negative about Portsmouth. Fact of the matter is, there is ample parking and plenty of places to grab a bite. Unique in its own right, The Coliseum is a great place and location for this game.
People complain too much in general. It’s the most logical place given the circumstances. The coliseum is a great place to watch a game. Can squeeze in a lot of people on the levy and the home side is huge . I wish the away side was little bigger, we are probably gonna lose some fans to the home side just for that reason. But I hope for a packed house and an entertaining game

Best of luck to your Siders. I'll be there cheering them on!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:16 am Official word is Trojan Coliseum.

Kind of funny, when we went on our state run we played the regional championship game against Portsmouth at Ironton. 20 years later we get Ironton at Portsmouth
And Ironton being a heavy favorite. I definitely remember West being a huge underdog against a team with a bunch of D-1 athletes that same year. We remember what happened then. Good luck West.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:29 pm Drew Pasteur has Ironton by 21pts. He was 88% correct last week picking games

I’ll say it again. No one is saying West is the favorite. You all are state championship or bust. We are playing on house money. They will not get walked on. Our defense played a good Columbus academy team and held them to 120 total yards with 27 coming in the second half.
Win it all or bust lmao. Were talking about kids playing a game,and from the sound of it one you never played.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

There’s several really good parking spots in Portsmouth, but in general there aren’t really any bad ones. I like to park in the high school lot in front of the school on Gallia street. Can go out the way you turn in on that one way street, turn right and then you’re at the underpass. Another good one is that small lot behind the basketball courts next to the stadium on the home side. Good luck to both teams, should be a solid game. Don’t think Burg beats HP but if they were to the winner of this one and Burg could possibly be at Portsmouth as well.

Who Dey!
Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Portsmouth will be a perfect spot for this game and pregame dinner lol

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Another Scioto County team trying to tame the Le Tigres. I gotta believe Coach Pendleton will have his boys put the hammer down all night long. I just hope the Siders don't get shell shocked if they are down 14 to 0 early on.. Keep scrappin and swinging hard Siders and chop down that Tiger outta that tree. Peace

basketballplayer123
Waterboy

Post by basketballplayer123 »

Taylormade wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:53 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:29 pm Drew Pasteur has Ironton by 21pts. He was 88% correct last week picking games

I’ll say it again. No one is saying West is the favorite. You all are state championship or bust. We are playing on house money. They will not get walked on. Our defense played a good Columbus academy team and held them to 120 total yards with 27 coming in the second half.
Win it all or bust lmao. Were talking about kids playing a game,and from the sound of it one you never played.

if you don’t think ironton is a state championship or bust your honesty just wrong

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Well, it's a dream come true to me, one so wonderful that I had to come back out of retirement when I saw someone posting from West how FAST (Varoom! Beep Beep!) them Portsmouth West Siders are...and I just had to come back to say...

BEEP BEEP BABY! HERE COMES A SIDER!!

I'm really looking forward to this game! It's always fun to see my Fighting Tigers take on an unknown school and in ways, both are a mystery to the other as it's been so long since they've met. I don't know, I'm thinking maybe the first time I posted Beep Beep! here comes a Sider that our coach and his brother were probably playing? might have been before them...

I'm very tickled with the venue as well. Portsmouth has such a wonderful facility. I don't know who could complain about it being played there

Return to “Football”