Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:19 pm We all knew it would take an almost perfect game to pull it off last night and unfortunately that did not happen. Stalled drives, a few penalties and missed balls that are uncharacteristic did not land our way. We did a pretty good job stopping the run. I was more impressed with Carpenter than anything. Perkins (Valley) is as advertised. Irontons defense is good not great. They made plays when they needed them. I think drew Pasteur had us at 12 percent chance to win and we knew what we was against. But we also knew these boys could play. I know one thing. If you take take 22 West Side boys vs 22 Ironton boys it’s not a game. You take West Side boys against Ironton plus Mississippi, Huntington, Ashland X2, Valley, Minford, Northwest, Rock Hill etc we lose 35-7.

Want to recognize and thank this group and coaches for what they accomplished this year. 11 consecutive wins, undefeated at home, beating your rival, an SOC championship, and 2 playoff wins. You will forever be recognized in our tradition rich football community for what you have done to revitalize a winning culture that has been dormant for a while. Special shout out to all the Seniors for what you brought to the table. Once a Sider always a Sider

Would you have said the same thing had harvest prep played and beat west about the transfers from Columbus and so on? Its todays day and age where transfers happen and will continue to Ironton is benefiting now and it could be someone else in the future. Hats off to west on a great season winning the SOC and beating Burg is great to see

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by SiderBlood »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:52 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:19 pm We all knew it would take an almost perfect game to pull it off last night and unfortunately that did not happen. Stalled drives, a few penalties and missed balls that are uncharacteristic did not land our way. We did a pretty good job stopping the run. I was more impressed with Carpenter than anything. Perkins (Valley) is as advertised. Irontons defense is good not great. They made plays when they needed them. I think drew Pasteur had us at 12 percent chance to win and we knew what we was against. But we also knew these boys could play. I know one thing. If you take take 22 West Side boys vs 22 Ironton boys it’s not a game. You take West Side boys against Ironton plus Mississippi, Huntington, Ashland X2, Valley, Minford, Northwest, Rock Hill etc we lose 35-7.

Want to recognize and thank this group and coaches for what they accomplished this year. 11 consecutive wins, undefeated at home, beating your rival, an SOC championship, and 2 playoff wins. You will forever be recognized in our tradition rich football community for what you have done to revitalize a winning culture that has been dormant for a while. Special shout out to all the Seniors for what you brought to the table. Once a Sider always a Sider

Would you have said the same thing had harvest prep played and beat west about the transfers from Columbus and so on? Its todays day and age where transfers happen and will continue to Ironton is benefiting now and it could be someone else in the future. Hats off to west on a great season winning the SOC and beating Burg is great to see
I have never been a fan of private schools playing public schools in the playoffs. Should be separated in my opinion. And I wasn’t familiar with where harvest prep kids went and back stories like I am with our area.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Return to “Football”