Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Pinwheel
JV Team

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by Pinwheel »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:01 pm Only worry for Ironton is Pendleton making it out healthy. This dude over here acting like they are losing by 50 and his job is on the line.

The whole time he's throwing a fit and running on the field his looking in the stands to make sure everyone sees him 🤣 that's his style...look at me,look at me.

It's all about him and it's very obvious

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Tigers’ defense way too much in this one. Sissel is a decent back but Ironton has seen several better backs already this year which helped prepare them for this one. Next week will be a very tough matchup with a talented Harvest Prep team that Ironton played in a 7 on 7 this past summer. All 8 teams left in DV could win the state championship. It’s a matter of who executes best and makes the least mistakes from this point forward.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

GoBigI wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:58 pm Tigers’ defense way too much in this one. Sissel is a decent back but Ironton has seen several better backs already this year which helped prepare them for this one. Next week will be a very tough matchup with a talented Harvest Prep team that Ironton played in a 7 on 7 this past summer. All 8 teams left in DV could win the state championship. It’s a matter of who executes best and makes the least mistakes from this point forward.
There was nowhere to run. Ironton had 9 in the box. West missed the short pass the first series and never went back to it again.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Westfan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:51 pm
GoBigI wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:58 pm Tigers’ defense way too much in this one. Sissel is a decent back but Ironton has seen several better backs already this year which helped prepare them for this one. Next week will be a very tough matchup with a talented Harvest Prep team that Ironton played in a 7 on 7 this past summer. All 8 teams left in DV could win the state championship. It’s a matter of who executes best and makes the least mistakes from this point forward.
There was nowhere to run. Ironton had 9 in the box. West missed the short pass the first series and never went back to it again.
Agreed, that short pass was open for the 1st down. Ironton switched out their outside backers after that to put more speed on the field and take that play away.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Pinwheel, you are a joke. I’m calling for the admin. from here to get you off of this forum. You are absolutely clueless and pathetic.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Tattle tail 😂😂

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Did West just not show up or is Ironton just this good? I’ve heard all week on how good and tough this west team is but I believe they only had 60 yards at the half and didn’t even get to 100 yards for the game.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:34 am Did West just not show up or is Ironton just this good? I’ve heard all week on how good and tough this west team is but I believe they only had 60 yards at the half and didn’t even get to 100 yards for the game.
Ironton has little weakness this season. Throughout regular season they didn't really live up to their potential if you ask me but that has changed more and more after each game. They have speed, size, depth, and simply play hard hitting and sound football. Compared to the past few seasons this is the most complete team, which is saying something given their recent success.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Agreed but I think there's some that stand out, South Range when you look at their scores and who they've played and how they've improved over the course of the season they are going to be a very tough out, Liberty Center just walked all over Coldwater who some were picking to win the state and that game between Milton-Union and G. Valleyview is going to be a dandy. Going to be some interesting battles for the regions this year whoever can win DV is going to earn it for sure there's no easy path for any of them.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:43 am
Agreed but I think there's some that stand out, South Range when you look at their scores and who they've played and how they've improved over the course of the season they are going to be a very tough out, Liberty Center just walked all over Coldwater who some were picking to win the state and that game between Milton-Union and G. Valleyview is going to be a dandy. Going to be some interesting battles for the regions this year whoever can win DV is going to earn it for sure there's no easy path for any of them.
valley view has me worried they seem to be a machine and Ironton has history with them.
They knocked us out of the playoffs before with that high powered offense of theirs.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:06 pm Ironton fans very happy to hear Burg score over the PA. I guess they don’t want to play the Pirates?
Ironton definitely wanted Burg next, why wouldn't they? Look what happened to West who recently beat Burg. This isn't the Ironton team with an injured WR filling in at QB like last year. Coldwater, the favorite to win D5, lost their starting QB and got ousted Friday.

Read on here all week how tough and physical West is and many picked them to upset Ironton. What I saw tonight was a slow, non-physical team lacking skill players. Take away the bad pass Carpenter threw for that interception and Tigers shutout West. The game was never in doubt.

If Ironton keeps the penalties down they are a tough out for the rest of the playoffs. Win or lose we are proud of the Tigers!

Congrats to West on a fine season.

Keep rollin' Tigers!!!

Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:22 am Tattle tail 😂😂
Seo dudes are great snitches. Its almost like being rats is a hobby. 😂

Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

frankie wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:45 am
portsmouth_98 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:06 pm Ironton fans very happy to hear Burg score over the PA. I guess they don’t want to play the Pirates?
Ironton definitely wanted Burg next, why wouldn't they? Look what happened to West who recently beat Burg. This isn't the Ironton team with an injured WR filling in at QB like last year. Coldwater, the favorite to win D5, lost their starting QB and got ousted Friday.

Read on here all week how tough and physical West is and many picked them to upset Ironton. What I saw tonight was a slow, non-physical team lacking skill players. Take away the bad pass Carpenter threw for that interception and Tigers shutout West. The game was never in doubt.

If Ironton keeps the penalties down they are a tough out for the rest of the playoffs. Win or lose we are proud of the Tigers!

Congrats to West on a fine season.

Keep rollin' Tigers!!!
Yup all we heard from west and frankly burg too all year was all about their 100% homegrown, tough, superior coached, superior community, superior academics" program.

Both p west and burg combined managed 10 points on Ironton in 2022. 😂😂

Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:34 am Did West just not show up or is Ironton just this good? I’ve heard all week on how good and tough this west team is but I believe they only had 60 yards at the half and didn’t even get to 100 yards for the game.
Very slow and not much athleticism or depth. I thought those "holler boys" were tough? Hmm. Not so much.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to West on a great season.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:30 am Congrats to West on a great season.
And congrats to burg fans for being mediocre in everything but superior douchebags. Next time you allege misconduct all season, come with evidence and maybe karma wont come for ya boys in the playoffs. 🏀

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Nobody going to remove this guy? Aren’t there mods for a reason?

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:43 am
Coldwater lost their starting QB for the season a few weeks back but I don’t think it would’ve mattered. Liberty Center is just that good this year. Southrange gave Kirtland a great game 2 years ago when Kirtland handled us 38-0.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:20 am Nobody going to remove this guy? Aren’t there mods for a reason?
Wasting your time. Mods/owner have shown they don’t have a problem with him. It’d take 5 seconds to ban him (and another 5 seconds with each new account) but apparently they’ve just decided they can’t control it. :lol:

My suspicion is the dude gets responses (which keeps this dinosaur breathing), so no ban until he completely crosses the line. Obvious trolling and rumor-mongering no longer where that line drawn though, so might as well join in the fun.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Since game is over, what player for west couldn’t play in the game? Just curious if that was something Ironton was attacking

Return to “Football”