Round 3- #6. Wheelersburg (9-3) Vs # 2. Harvest Prep (12-0)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Round 3- #6. Wheelersburg (9-3) Vs # 2. Harvest Prep (12-0)

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:25 pm We almost gave that game away! Great game tho Burg!Say what you want our halftime adjustments once again held Burg to 0 points in the second half! #PrepProud

More keep sakes to add to the collection!ADD6239D-1389-4536-AE2C-88831E96AEF7.jpeg

That missed FG was HUGE!! If they make that then all they needed was a FG with the wind at the kickers back to win it.

Both teams made mistakes and both took advantage of them. Biggest one was Burg not punting before HP’s winning drive. Why give them a short field there? Who knows but if Burg punts maybe they pin them deep.

HP’s speed overall won this game but I guarantee they know they were in a dogfight tonight

Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:40 pm
HomeGrown wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:35 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:31 pm

Every post you make is trolling, and you wonder why they would want to ban you? You're literally making this site completely about you, by taking it over with your trolling on every post. I really hope you're still in HS cause if you're graduated, go seek help. No sane person would put forth the time and energy you have with your trolling. It has nothing to do with being emotional, you're just simply annoying.
Its "trolling" when I do it. When these old burg goofies do it its fine. I must be a "thug" who uses public transit and unworthy of all that 100% homegrown privlege. 😂
There's no talking to people like you, everything has to be a joke or some trash talk. Balance in life can be a good thing believe it or not.
When ya fan base dishes it. They get it back. Look on the bright side, now burg can be superior coached and mediocre in 🏀

Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:41 pm
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:25 pm We almost gave that game away! Great game tho Burg!Say what you want our halftime adjustments once again held Burg to 0 points in the second half! #PrepProud

More keep sakes to add to the collection!ADD6239D-1389-4536-AE2C-88831E96AEF7.jpeg

That missed FG was HUGE!! If they make that then all they needed was a FG with the wind at the kickers back to win it.

Both teams made mistakes and both took advantage of them. Biggest one was Burg not punting before HP’s winning drive. Why give them a short field there? Who knows but if Burg punts maybe they pin them deep.

HP’s speed overall won this game but I guarantee they know they were in a dogfight tonight
Burg fans do you think that superior coaching you talked about all season made that decision not to punt?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Great season Pirates!! Sad there isn’t going to be a rematch with the Tigers but you left everything on the field. Seniors, good luck moving forward. I’ll be cheering you on next season and many more to come. As my username says…I’m a Proud Pirate and ALWAYS will be.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

HomeGrown wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:17 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:13 pm
HomeGrown wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:58 pm

I expected more from a "homegrown since zygote football, superior community, no public transit users or thugs, superior coached" program tbh.

All those societal advantages and still cant get it done.

Boy talk about doin less with more. Enjoy that mirror tonight. 😂
Not sure you understand “less with more”. Burg was 7-3 coming into the game, HP was 10-0 and the odds on favorite to win this game. Burg winning would have been the upset.

Now “doing less with more” is when your team goes into a game as the heavy favorite only to lose. As an Ironton fan, you should know this by now.
Burg has said all seaaon long they are a superior community w superior academics & superior coaching and they lost to a team their fans said were public transit using "thugs" and "recruits." Alll those privleged kids and superior leaders with all those societal advantages burg fans so eloquently stressed week in & week out all season and couldnt get it done.

Less with more.
I was talking about Ironton in those comparisons. But never said Ironton players were thugs. If you are going to accuse me of saying something, at least get it right.

Great community, etc. is important and is why Burg has been so successful not only in sports but in academics as well. Hence why Burg dominates Ironton in athletics and academics. Not much of a contest.

As for losing to HP tonight, they have a talented team that made the big plays to win. But despite being outmatched with regards to talent, Burg was there at the end.

I know you don’t understand this. As an Ironton fan, you have seen your team outplayed despite having a significant talent advantage. Maybe this year that talent advantage is large enough to overcome other deficiencies. Maybe this year we can change the motto from “doing less with more since 1989”…

Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

TheLurker wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:39 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:36 pm
Unfortunately the weather may have contributed to the poor crowd for Wheelersburg.
That's literally the definition of a fair weather fan. Literally... 😅
Awfully uninspiring for such a "superior 100% tight knit homegrown" program huh? 😂
Last edited by Trollcat1 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

HomeGrown wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:44 pm

Burg fans do you think that superior coaching you talked about all season made that decision not to punt?
You actually listened to the Burg game instead of Ironton’s game? LMAO!! You are obsessed with Burg!

Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:53 pm

You actually listened to the Burg game instead of Ironton’s game? LMAO!! You are obsessed with Burg!
The Ironton game was never really close. Idk if they multi task in burg unless its just whining about ironton transfers and overinflating their coaches ability at the same time. 😂 but it was easy to keep up w both games.
Last edited by Trollcat1 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Thought the same at first, but Burg D was having a difficult time containing HP’s speed. Coaches may have felt they had no choice but to go for it.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

HomeGrown wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:55 pm

The Ironton game was never really close. Idk if they multi task in burg unless its just whining about ironton transfers and overinflating their coaches ability at the same time. 😂
You were multi-tasking and your second best option of things to do was listen to the game of a team you don’t like? That’s really sad, I’m sorry :(

Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:02 pm
HomeGrown wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:55 pm

The Ironton game was never really close. Idk if they multi task in burg unless its just whining about ironton transfers and overinflating their coaches ability at the same time. 😂
You were multi-tasking and your second best option of things to do was listen to the game of a team you don’t like? That’s really sad, I’m sorry :(

Almost as sad as a superior coached homegrown tight knit superior community program gettin packed up by a public transit using "thug" program not once, but twice. Huh?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats burg on a great season

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Being that the Pirates finished the season with a 9-4 record, the 4 losses were to teams with a combined record of 47-5 as of tonight. Not bad at all, and if I'm not mistaken, the Burg were maybe even leading at some point in those games. Not surprising at all that all 4 of those teams just happened to still be playing last night in the Regional Semifinals.

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:43 am Being that the Pirates finished the season with a 9-4 record, the 4 losses were to teams with a combined record of 47-5 as of tonight. Not bad at all, and if I'm not mistaken, the Burg were maybe even leading at some point in those games. Not surprising at all that all 4 of those teams just happened to still be playing last night in the Regional Semifinals.
Well said

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:43 am Being that the Pirates finished the season with a 9-4 record, the 4 losses were to teams with a combined record of 47-5 as of tonight. Not bad at all, and if I'm not mistaken, the Burg were maybe even leading at some point in those games. Not surprising at all that all 4 of those teams just happened to still be playing last night in the Regional Semifinals.
Great post and great season by the pirates, The crowd would’ve been 15k next week if burg pulled off the upset

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Burg battled hard tonight and almost got it done. Only thing I’d like to seen different was going for it on 4th and 2 instead of attempting a 35 yard FG into wind/rain near end of 3rd quarter. But overall, they took a 12-0 team down to wire and played good enough to win. They just fell short at end.

Really enjoyed this senior class overall and wish them all well in their futures. Also looking forward to what Burg has returning next year and expect a different look on offense, along with the same hard-nosed defense.*

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Congrats Burg on making it this far. Time to move on and reload. Figure ITown and Prep will be at Chillicothe.

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

I really respect the Burgs program. And regardless of what a few trolls say we know what to expect when we line up and get it on! You guys have an awesome program and rich history and that definitely something to be proud of win lose or draw! Even with all the hate going back and forth I feel like it’s just good ole fashioned trash talking for the most part!I can’t say there’s any bad blood from our way! Nothing but respect ✊🏾! Great season once again and can’t wait for the home and home series!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Unfortunately the weather may have contributed to the poor crowd for Wheelersburg.
No it isn't. Everyone knows it means those who only follow their team if they are winning and not when they are losing. Has nothing to do with the actual weather.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:42 am
No it isn't. Everyone knows it means those who only follow their team if they are winning and not when they are losing. Has nothing to do with the actual weather.
Such a underwhelming turnout for a community that has remindrd us how superior they are ad naseum on here. I mean burg fans even mentioned how the "thugs" at prep have to take cota. All those big comfy luxury suvs in burg and they leave their kids hangin in their biggest game with a very mediocre turnout to support.

Less with more.

Return to “Football”