Round 3- #3. Bishop Watterson (11-1) Vs # 2. Jackson (10-2)

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Round 3- #3. Bishop Watterson (11-1) Vs # 2. Jackson (10-2)

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:22 pm
Ironmen44 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:17 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:07 pm

Are you a true Ironman poster?? There's no way because you don't even know who they play, all but 3 games were against DII and DIII schools :lol: :lol: The talent they have just isn't being taken to the next level and I'm sorry but that's on coaching, lining up foot to foot only gets you so far in the bigger divisions.
Haha I know exactly who we played. Logan is the only DII team. The DIII teams we played are not the top teams in the state. Never mind dude you know it all……
That's sort of the typical response when one realizes they stepped in it. Played 2-DV schools and lost to one of them the size of the player isn't the problem. I mean Jackson's non-conference schedule featured 5 teams and 4 of which were still playing tonight to advance to regional championship game. At that point you're putting it on league play and everyone all year long has talked up how great the FAC was this season even though only 1 team got past round 1. Just not sure what you're expecting.
Throw shade on someone else , a$$ 🤡

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Legit question here. How many teams from SE Ohio have won a state championship at the DIII level or higher? Ironton was DIII in 1989, but there were only five divisions. They were AA in 1979 which is basically the equivalent of DIII at that time, but there were only three classes at that point.

Burg has been DIV or DV for their titles. Nelsonville-York was DIV. Crooksville was Class A in 1977.

So, from 1972-2021, there has basically been one or two SE Ohio state champions at the DIII level or higher. I think it might be a little difficult to win DIII regional titles and then win state titles. I mean, Athens didn't finish it off with a Heisman trophy winner and future #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft running the show for their team in 2014.

I want Jackson to win regional titles. I want them to win state titles. They've increased their schedule difficulty in recent years, and I do think it's making a difference, but they're still not there yet. Maybe they'll never get there, maybe they will. I'm not sure that the amount of criticism they're receiving tonight is justified though. It's tough to win in the DIII playoffs. Even tougher when you're from SE Ohio. History has proven that to be true, not just for Jackson, but for everyone.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Great run by the seniors. They were a joy to watch.

Braydon Powell and Bo Landrum really stepped up this year. I was concerned a bit with the defense coming in and those two were huge…never ever backed down. Tremendous senior seasons that won’t be forgotten.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

As for the 2 point conversion…..

1. You never know how it will finish if we tie it up

2. Had an entire game worth of stuff….I’m not screaming about the conversion play

The WR was open enough and the throw a bit out of reach.

Personally as a former golfer…I wanted a handoff to Broermann. My buddy beside me wanted a pitchout to Wolford with Winters leading him into the end zone. Guy on my other side didn’t like Winters under center as he has to drop back and not able to see WR and unable to time it all out…..in a shot gun he sees it all the way. I don’t disagree with anyone and the play just didn’t work that time. It stunk but things definitely aren’t as easy as they seem in the stands. We applaud team Jackson and greatly enjoyed another very successful season.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Congratulations Jackson on another great year.
One of the premier football programs in our area, year in year out.
Keep grinding and knocking on the door, you will bust it down.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:33 pm
Ironmen44 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:17 pm

Haha I know exactly who we played. Logan is the only DII team. The DIII teams we played are not the top teams in the state. Never mind dude you know it all……
That's sort of the typical response when one realizes they stepped in it. Played 2-DV schools and lost to one of them the size of the player isn't the problem. I mean Jackson's non-conference schedule featured 5 teams and 4 of which were still playing tonight to advance to regional championship game. At that point you're putting it on league play and everyone all year long has talked up how great the FAC was this season even though only 1 team got past round 1. Just not sure what you're expecting.
Don't be butt hurt over it, whether or want to admit it on here or not coaching hurt this team tonight and those seniors deserved better.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:45 pm

Don't be butt hurt over it, whether or want to admit it on here or not coaching hurt this team tonight and those seniors deserved better.
Do explain .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

don’t pay any attention to the clowns that jump on the opportunity to kick a person while down. for sure give away they never put an Ironmen Helmet on and i’d almost bet they never played the game to begin with.

DIII Region 11 football is about as solid top to bottom you are gonna find in the state. EVERY YEAR. not just once in a blue moon. we will get there. trust the process.

Congrats to Bishop-Watterson.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Great game, tough finish for the Ironmen

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

quick yes or no question.

only need. yes. or no

did you play ever do what it took to be a starting player on Jackson High School football ?? i’m not asking if you were a multiple year starter. nor if you were even a one n done player. wer even on a team any JHS football team?

yes. or. no

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:55 pm

only need. yes. or no

did you play ever do what it took to be a starting player on Jackson High School football ?? i’m not asking if you were a multiple year starter. nor if you were even a one n done player. wer even on a team any JHS football team?

yes. or. no
Not sure why it matters as it's irrelevant but no didn't play for Jackson. Played elsewhere, coached at multiple schools, much closer to the Jackson program than one would believe especially that sophomore group of kids great group of kids. It's why I say what I said, 100% these kids played their hearts out and I just felt in this game and many times over the years the Jackson play calling tightens up.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:10 pm

only need. yes. or no

yes. or. no
Not sure why it matters as it's irrelevant but no didn't play for Jackson. Played elsewhere, coached at multiple schools, much closer to the Jackson program than one would believe especially that sophomore group of kids great group of kids. It's why I say what I said, 100% these kids played their hearts out and I just felt in this game and many times over the years the Jackson play calling tightens up.
Care to elaborate?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

only need. yes. or no

yes. or. no

that’s the longest yes or no answer in history.

not sure why it matters ??? cause NO TRUE IRONMEN would get on this site and start bashing coaching. or anything else for that matter when it doesn’t go our way. quit pointing fingers and playing the blame game.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:23 pm

only need. yes. or no

yes. or. no

not sure why it matters ??? cause NO TRUE IRONMEN would get on this site and start bashing coaching. or anything else for that matter when it doesn’t go our way. quit pointing fingers and playing the blame game.
That fella likes to bash coaches. Probably a reason why he isn’t coaching and just bashing them

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:14 pm

only need. yes. or no

yes. or. no
Care to elaborate?
Play calling for the most part was simply too conservative, Jackson has a lot of athletes on that team and when Broermann and Wolford were struggling to get going a lot of times they just kept trying it instead of using them as decoys and make BW worry about much more than 2 players. Spread it out create voids, don't QB sneak over your center right at the biggest man on the field. Winters has the arm and is the senior QB the kid has a D1 scholarship, Wolford runs a 4.5 and is amazing in space, spread him out, I'd just rather take my chances with Winters arm and legs than I would packing it in and running at a brick wall for most of the night.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

only need. yes. or no

yes. or. no

You'll be ok, I know how close the Ironman faithful are as a community and dare anyone to question the coach right?? LOL. It's ok happens every week to ppl, basically what you're telling me is everything was perfect tonight and Jackson simply got beat by a better team.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:33 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:14 pm

Care to elaborate?
Play calling for the most part was simply too conservative, Jackson has a lot of athletes on that team and when Broermann and Wolford were struggling to get going a lot of times they just kept trying it instead of using them as decoys and make BW worry about much more than 2 players. Spread it out create voids, don't QB sneak over your center right at the biggest man on the field. Winters has the arm and is the senior QB the kid has a D1 scholarship, Wolford runs a 4.5 and is amazing in space, spread him out, I'd just rather take my chances with Winters arm and legs than I would packing it in and running at a brick wall for most of the night.
The sneak was easily a first down without the fumble. What was the run to pass ratio tonight ?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

HamPorter wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:28 pm

That fella likes to bash coaches. Probably a reason why he isn’t coaching and just bashing them
Nah man kids got older, had to step away because it was their time to play and my time to watch. Sort of hard to coach HS ball when you have kids in HS at a different school, but feel free to your opinion as I am as well.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Sometimes you have to just be who you are. Give props to BW defense. They got the job done, at the end of the day, Jackson put themselves in a position to win.

Did I agree with the play calling? Nope! BUT, did I watch countless hours of film and know what the typical weaknesses of BW were? Nope! When you win, the kids played great, when you lose the coach was awful, comes with the territory. At the end of the day, 24 for BW, was a man, and ran through tackles right all night long, sometimes the other team is just better on that given day. Great season Ironmen! Good luck to the seniors and all their different futures.

Good luck BW win it all!

Return to “Football”