Why doesn’t Valley host Playoff games?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Why doesn’t Valley host Playoff games?

Post by greygoose »

Valley has a very nice field, why they don't host very often I have no idea. Obviously Lucasville is very small with minimal restaurants but I'd hope that wouldn't be taken into account, I'd prefer going to a game at Valley over Portsmouth any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The parking for Portsmouth is terrible, while The Ribber is good the prices have gone up crazy high and the quality of meats have gone down, I don't need to spend $50 bucks for 1 person just so I can say "yippy a game at Portsmouth, we can go to The Ribber". I can go there whenever. Seems like with the additions Waverly has made they're landing more playoff games especially when you get a little bit into the playoffs Valley is a bit to close to the Scioto/Lawrence County teams when it comes to facing a team closer to Columbus.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

I heard Valley put in but was not selected for whatever reason.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Fan of the youth wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:55 pm I am curious. What revenue is a host school able to earn? I assume the schools can keep concessions and there was a time schools could charge parking if they have charged during the regular season as well. But are there any other streams that host sites and collect?

There is a set amount given to the host school. It is not much when you consider all the time involved with hosting.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:11 pm Valley has a very nice field, why they don't host very often I have no idea. Obviously Lucasville is very small with minimal restaurants but I'd hope that wouldn't be taken into account, I'd prefer going to a game at Valley over Portsmouth any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The parking for Portsmouth is terrible, while The Ribber is good the prices have gone up crazy high and the quality of meats have gone down, I don't need to spend $50 bucks for 1 person just so I can say "yippy a game at Portsmouth, we can go to The Ribber". I can go there whenever. Seems like with the additions Waverly has made they're landing more playoff games especially when you get a little bit into the playoffs Valley is a bit to close to the Scioto/Lawrence County teams when it comes to facing a team closer to Columbus.
Yeah but we all know you’re an idiot so we have to take that into account when reading anything you prefer.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:12 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:11 pm Valley has a very nice field, why they don't host very often I have no idea. Obviously Lucasville is very small with minimal restaurants but I'd hope that wouldn't be taken into account, I'd prefer going to a game at Valley over Portsmouth any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The parking for Portsmouth is terrible, while The Ribber is good the prices have gone up crazy high and the quality of meats have gone down, I don't need to spend $50 bucks for 1 person just so I can say "yippy a game at Portsmouth, we can go to The Ribber". I can go there whenever. Seems like with the additions Waverly has made they're landing more playoff games especially when you get a little bit into the playoffs Valley is a bit to close to the Scioto/Lawrence County teams when it comes to facing a team closer to Columbus.
Yeah but we all know you’re an idiot so we have to take that into account when reading anything you prefer.

Lol , I have been to Portsmouth for a couple play off game including last year's with burg vs Ironton with a huge crowd,got into town 3 minutes before game and still parked about a block away.

Sounds like another poster that only eats McDonald's value meals and really needs to walk as far from the field as possible

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:12 am
Look at you, you tried to make a funny :lol: :lol: . Go west side

MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

As if the Ribber is the only place to eat in Portsmouth. It isn't even close to the best restaurant in town anymore.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Ribber is overpriced and overhyped, much like Harold's in the day, IMO Im more interested in the beef knocking heads on the field than a steak. I can make a mean brisket and ribeye, with all the fixins, cheaper.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Valley has strong community revenue coming in . I don't think they really need the money.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

callie15 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:35 am Valley has strong community revenue coming in . I don't think they really need the money.
They may not, I honestly have no clue. I just think it’s one of the bigger and well put together stadiums in Southern Ohio. I figured they’d want to show that stadium off, I just felt like the Ironton/West game deep in the playoffs would have been perfect for it. I know it closer for West but it’s not as close to West as Portsmouth. It’s really not that far from Ironton either. With the new bypass that’s open I bet Ironton could be to Valley just as quickly as it gets to Portsmouth.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:49 am I heard Valley put in but was not selected for whatever reason.
I’d like to know if this is true or not & if true what the reasons for Valley not being selected were.

Return to “Football”