Irontons Ground Game

Pinwheel
JV Team

Re: Irontons Ground Game

Post by Pinwheel »

frankie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:22 pm
ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:02 pm We've played Ironton several years in a row while they've been on top, so why would we vote them out now? They will be on their way down soon and then it's our turn along with the rest of the conference to take them to pound town.
Pound town, huh? You really think in your lifetime Rock Hill is going to take Ironton to pound town? :lol:

Btw, pinhead is a Portsmouth punk.
Lol 😂 you should know " fella "

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Pinwheel wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:07 pm
ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:02 pm We've played Ironton several years in a row while they've been on top, so why would we vote them out now? They will be on their way down soon and then it's our turn along with the rest of the conference to take them to pound town.
Pound town, huh? You really think in your lifetime Rock Hill is going to take Ironton to pound town? :lol:

No pinhead, pinwheel, and me (ironton wizard) are same person. How do pinhead and fella know each other?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

irontonwizard wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:11 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:07 pm

No pinhead, pinwheel, and me (ironton wizard) are same person. How do pinhead and fella know each other?

:lol: :x :lol: o the stories and chest thumping

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

I believe we are only 1 or 2 years away from beating Ironton. I think if we'd had a shot at wheelersburg this year we would have beaten them. We weren't consistent enough this year, but next year we could finish top 2 in the conference.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Pinwheel wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:34 pm I agree don't change a thing, keep riding the Lucasville transfer he's the reason Ironton is who they are
Best decision that kid ever made! Ask him and he will confirm 💯

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:24 am

I believe we are only 1 or 2 years away from beating Ironton. I think if we'd had a shot at wheelersburg this year we would have beaten them. We weren't consistent enough this year, but next year we could finish top 2 in the conference.
Rock Hill goes 5-5 and they think it’s something special. What’s that they say? “Wait until this group of kids gets to High School” nothing will ever change on the hill for football. Too much politics

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I'll bite. Why in the world would you think Ironton is on its way down? Yes, they are going to lose some incredible talent with this years senior class but there's plenty of capable players coming up behind them. Then you have Ironton's phenomenal 8th grade team as future varsity. The Tigers also have at least three good quarterbacks in the making.

Then again, in fairness I should have asked how far in the future are we talking about here? Five years? A decade?

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:25 am
I'll bite. Why in the world would you think Ironton is on its way down? Yes, they are going to lose some incredible talent with this years senior class but there's plenty of capable players coming up behind them. Then you have Ironton's phenomenal 8th grade team as future varsity. The Tigers also have at least three good quarterbacks in the making.

Then again, in fairness I should have asked how far in the future are we talking about here? Five years? A decade?

Nobody can stay on top forever. I'm thinking this year could be the best Ironton team for the next several years, so nowhere to go but down. Good in 8th grade doesn't always translate into good in highschool. I can't imagine the other QB'S you're speaking of will be as good as the starter you have now, so we should have a much better chance of beating Ironton the next few years than we have the last several. It would be utter stupidity for Ironton to get voted out with all these talented seniors graduating this year.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:38 am

Nobody can stay on top forever. I'm thinking this year could be the best Ironton team for the next several years, so nowhere to go but down. Good in 8th grade doesn't always translate into good in highschool. I can't imagine the other QB'S you're speaking of will be as good as the starter you have now, so we should have a much better chance of beating Ironton the next few years than we have the last several. It would be utter stupidity for Ironton to get voted out with all these talented seniors graduating this year.
I used to know exactly what the answer is this would have been but from I recall Ironton only has had 2 losing seasons in 52 years, possibly 53. they still hold the second most (tied with Moeller) playoff appearances with 37. Only Newark Catholic has more with 38

I agree about 8th grade doesn't always translate into a great varsity but....we aren't just talking about a undefeated season, we are talking about total and complete domination with this group. Not only did they not give up a point, they only gave out a handful of first downs.

I could well see why a kid from Rock hill might want to transfer to Ironton, know anyone who might be interested? (Sorry, just wanted to add some levity)

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

While I expect Ironton's balance to continue, look for the running game to play a bigger part of the game script this week... You take what they give ya..

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

8th graders 😂😂😂😂 That's rich 😂😂😂😂

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:31 am

I used to know exactly what the answer is this would have been but from I recall Ironton only has had 2 losing seasons in 52 years, possibly 53. they still hold the second most (tied with Moeller) playoff appearances with 37. Only Newark Catholic has more with 38

I agree about 8th grade doesn't always translate into a great varsity but....we aren't just talking about a undefeated season, we are talking about total and complete domination with this group. Not only did they not give up a point, they only gave out a handful of first downs.

I could well see why a kid from Rock hill might want to transfer to Ironton, know anyone who might be interested? (Sorry, just wanted to add some levity)
Sounds alot like HP. Last time their Jr High team lost a game was in 2017.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:09 pm

Lordy bee! How old are them fellars now?

(we like to have fun, couldn't help myself ;>}

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:32 pm
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:09 pm

Lordy bee! How old are them fellars now?

(we like to have fun, couldn't help myself ;>}
The 7th graders from 2017 are seniors now.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Those 8th graders run the table at all sports. No competition so far, they have been blessed with amazing talent. Basketball ovc champs, football ovc champs, track ovc champs, baseball state champs. Stud group of athletes

Return to “Football”