How to stop the trolls!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

How to stop the trolls!

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Trolls have taken this site over, posting on every topic there is. The only way to fix this is to COMPLETELY stop replying to them. Not a single reply ever again. Our replies are literally what feeds them, plus overflow topics with too many post. If we all act like they don't exist they will eventually wear out and get bored, cause they won't have the satisfaction of pissing us all off which is apparently the highlight of their days. They've shown how relentless they are, so ignoring them seems to be the only option left. Id rather bite my tongue than lose brain cells reading idiotic post.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: How to stop the trolls!

Post by mattash »

Just report it, we will get to them.

We try to stay fair not everything is a troll though

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I’m usually pretty chill about it but when they post all the poo pics it becomes to much lol

Michael Scott
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

mattash wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:35 pm Just report it, we will get to them.

We try to stay fair not everything is a troll though
It's the ones who don't actually conversate about the game of football, but instead just want to stir the pot and get other posters all fired up. Those are the ones who do not deserve any fairness imo. I understand you can only do so much, freedom of speech and all.. but if all someone does is stir the pot with EVERY single post, then that should classify them as a troll and be report worthy.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Someone mentioned that an account was created and it had 50 post in 24 hours.. hope they were just exaggerating but maybe a daily post limit would also help with this troll problem.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:04 pm Someone mentioned that an account was created and it had 50 post in 24 hours.. hope they were just exaggerating but maybe a daily post limit would also help with this troll problem.
That would keep basketball update threads from happening

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:25 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:04 pm Someone mentioned that an account was created and it had 50 post in 24 hours.. hope they were just exaggerating but maybe a daily post limit would also help with this troll problem.
That would keep basketball update threads from happening
Darn didn't think about game updates 😅

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

JUST QUIT RESPONDING TO THEM!!!!!!!

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

I agree ,just don't respond to the idiots

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

Your best bet is to not let it bother you so much. The more you feed into, the worse they will be. I was talking about this with someone the other day, remember the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."? The world would be a lot better off if we lived by this creed....

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

inOVCsider wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:50 pm Your best bet is to not let it bother you so much. The more you feed into, the worse they will be. I was talking about this with someone the other day, remember the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."? The world would be a lot better off if we lived by this creed....
Im bothered by how they take over this site, not the words they say there's a difference. I want to open a thread and actually see post about football, instead it's like reading messages between little kids. Ruins the experience. Doesn't have a thing to do with the sticks and stones saying.

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:01 pm
inOVCsider wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:50 pm Your best bet is to not let it bother you so much. The more you feed into, the worse they will be. I was talking about this with someone the other day, remember the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."? The world would be a lot better off if we lived by this creed....
Im bothered by how they take over this site, not the words they say there's a difference. I want to open a thread and actually see post about football, instead it's like reading messages between little kids. Ruins the experience. Doesn't have a thing to do with the sticks and stones saying.
Then change the word "hurt" to "bothered" 😂. Same results, just move past it and do not reply to them. I hate reading a lot of their crap too, however, they just want a reaction OR they can not be reasoned with anyway, so why bother?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Just wished they wouldn’t push it to the limit. Lol sometimes the trolling is a little fun and makes for good reads but your right it’s the takeovers and the poo pictures. I don’t even care if they call me out. O well still been a fun year of football

Michael Scott
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Reply to the topic title. Just because someone has something to say doesn't mean the next person up needs to reply to the last response. As Matt says report it and let us attempt to handle it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

inOVCsider wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:12 pm
Then change the word "hurt" to "bothered" 😂. Same results, just move past it and do not reply to them. I hate reading a lot of their crap too, however, they just want a reaction OR they can not be reasoned with anyway, so why bother?
Im lost, do you not realize I made this topic and ignoring them was the point I made in the very first post? So why are you telling me to ignore them like I wasn't just talking about it?

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:37 pm

Im lost, do you not realize I made this topic and ignoring them was the point I made in the very first post? So why are you telling me to ignore them like I wasn't just talking about it?
I am not telling you anything, just contributing to the conversation. I will leave you alone, you seem ready to argue at a moments notice. I hope you don't own a gun. 😂

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

inOVCsider wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:46 pm

I am not telling you anything, just contributing to the conversation. I will leave you alone, you seem ready to argue at a moments notice. I hope you don't own a gun. 😂
I was legit confused, no arguing. Starting to realize that some people think you're angry if you dont make a little funny comment on everything. For example your "hurt to bothered" and "hope you don't own a gun" comments. Not everything in life needs a comedic factor.

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:55 pm

I was legit confused, no arguing. Starting to realize that some people think you're angry if you dont make a little funny comment on everything. For example your "hurt to bothered" and "hope you don't own a gun" comments. Not everything in life needs a comedic factor.
Have a wonderful evening brother

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

inOVCsider wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:00 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:55 pm

Have a wonderful evening brother
You too man, was never angry sorry you took it that way.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

You will always have trolls no matter where you go. This is a free forum people are going to post what they want. Trust me as a Wheelersburg fan I have seen alot. I take it as a compliment. Funny thing is the bad programs don't get trolls nearly as much so if your team is constantly getting attacked in my opinion that means someone is jealous 😉 But it's OK not everyone can Be as good as these southern ohio powerhouse football programs lmao. I think the admin does a great job of trying to keep it fair for all sides and staying out unless something crosses the line. I do think it would be cool to have a specific forum for reasonable trash talk and trolling/rumors for people thar just want to talk crap and not necessarily a certain game. Sorry if there is one of them on here already I just mostly stay on the football forum.

Return to “Football”