All-FAC

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

All-FAC

Post by Ironman92 »

https://wkkj.iheart.com/content/2022-10 ... l-choices/

Jackson beats Washington in completely embarrassing fashion and both teams get the same number of players. That’s crazy to me.

go court house
Freshman Team

Re: All-FAC

Post by go court house »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:42 pm https://wkkj.iheart.com/content/2022-10 ... l-choices/

Jackson beats Washington in completely embarrassing fashion and both teams get the same number of players. That’s crazy to me.
I normally enjoy your perspective on here. But this one you sound uneducated. The all FAC honors are for a complete body of work, not just one game.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Congratulations to all that made All League Honors

Winters very deserving for Player of Year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

go court house wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:33 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:42 pm https://wkkj.iheart.com/content/2022-10 ... l-choices/

I normally enjoy your perspective on here. But this one you sound uneducated. The all FAC honors are for a complete body of work, not just one game.
Maybe I am 🤷🏻‍♂️. I believe the 6 coaches and maybe an assistant or two meet somewhere and each coach lists their players on the board in order of their own thoughts (hopes) top to bottom. Maybe the coach has a bunch of stats from the entire season, maybe past seasons awards or just the 5 league games from this year. Maybe they tell why they believe each player should make it. Maybe they form a small alliance with a couple of other coaches to help all involved get a player or two over the hump. I believe coaches cannot vote for their own players. I believe if there are say 24 all league spots that each coach ranks players 1-24 but cannot vote for their own. Maybe the begin by just choosing the POY and then rank 1-24 or whatever.

I fully understand how a team could have 6 all-league worthy players on one squad….and maybe a team superior to them also just had 6, that would be very telling that the remainder of the team is superior to the remainder of the other squad. That could well be the case, I fully get it. However, I believe I saw a team not play a scratch of defense against us while I saw our kids play pretty much lights out defense all season in the league….each coach would certainly agree on that…only 2 of our defensive players made all-league and one could be considered for offense. Brayden Powell was dominant in the league and also the other big games, all season. Without a doubt one of the best defensive players in the league….and he doesn’t make All-FAC.

Maybe I’m uneducated with every part of my post, but one of the best defensive players on the dominant defensive team in the league should be all league. Zero chance there are 24 players in the FAC that are better or more deserving.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Brayden Powell had a coming out party all year long. Multiple legal big hit that forced fumbles. Kid had sacks and INTs on the year just a playmaker. When Jackson needed a play on defense 9 out of 10 times, he was the man making it happen. Very surprised he didn't make the list.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LBD0263 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:37 pm Brayden Powell had a coming out party all year long. Multiple legal big hit that forced fumbles. Kid had sacks and INTs on the year just a playmaker. When Jackson needed a play on defense 9 out of 10 times, he was the man making it happen. Very surprised he didn't make the list.
Agree about Powell having a coming out party all year long. He did seem to be involved in an awful lot of very important defensive plays throughout the season. Also, as far as Washington CH, I'm sure that they have some very talented kids on their team. It just so happened that the night that they played the Ironmen, maybe they just had a bad night, but for whatever reason they didn't seem to give much effort or play very well at all.

Return to “Football”