Ty Perkins

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Ty Perkins

Post by Ironman92 »

This happened back during week 2 but I waited to share this story.

Ironton at Jackson in week 2 and Perkins, along with a Jackson player went flying out of bounds on a contested play and Perkins collided with the 86 year old on the chain gang. Perkins IMMEDIATELY calling for help and noticeably upset. There was a long break in the game and the elderly chain gang member wasn’t moving. He was taken on the stretcher and then by squad.

It’s been said that Perkins and his family went and visited the hospital after the game to apologize for the accidental happening (which obviously was no one’s fault) Hank the chain gang guy had been knocked out cold but was ok and in good spirits. Later I heard that Ty and family had sent Hank a care package. Hank was back out there for the next home game.

I thought this was a refreshing story from a young big time high school football talent and he should be applauded for his care, concern and actions.

👏👏👏

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Ty Perkins

Post by VetteMan »

Very thoughtful of Perkins and his family both for doing that. I was at the game and saw it happen, didn't realize that it was Perkins that flew into Hank. It was a scary situation when it happened.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wow, great story

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

He’s my guy! After they lost to Burg last year him and some other Guys came and joined our student section amd celebrated with us after the game! Best of luck #3!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Great story, great player and family. Also 86 and still part of the chain gang, that's great glad everything was ok I'm sure that was scary moment for all those involved.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Not surprising...great kid from a great family. Will enjoy watching him at UC next 4 years.*

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Character like that, plus his natural abilities, sky is the limit for the young man! That kind of genuine care for others seems lost at times in todays world, to see it from someone who hasn't even graduated yet is refreshing.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Its 5:50am and hes open 🏈

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Like others have said, he comes from a good family. Not surprised to hear he/they did this. Looking forward to watching him on saturdays. Wish him the best.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Perkins has graduated from Ironton and will enroll to Cincinnati early. Less than 24 hours he will make it official and sign his NLI.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:04 pm Perkins has graduated from Ironton and will enroll to Cincinnati early. Less than 24 hours he will make it official and sign his NLI.
Congrats to Ty Perkins. Good luck with the Bearcats.

Return to “Football”