Wheelersburg 2023

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:14 pm
TomUnessa wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:15 pm Can’t wait for week 1. Should be a good one. Remember last year reading about all the D-1 players for ironton and how Ironton dominated 7 on 7s and scrimmages. And after watching Burg scrimmage Raceland I was thinking this game could get ugly real fast In favor of ironton. A lot of running clock predictions. I thought No way could Burg defense contain ironton Wrs, Qb, and rbs. I was completely wrong. The game turned out to be a hard hitting defensive battle. Both defenses played lights out. Burg couldn’t move the ball and irontons offense wasn’t much better. It was 6-3 and anyones game till ironton scored with around 2 minutes left. 2 things that stood out to me was Burg defense was legit and Felder was was the best player on Irontons offense.
Hoping for another great matchup this August
Goose egged em in their own house. 💯
And beat P West after West beat em

AND whipped Prep after Prep beat em.

And beat Jackson and Jackson beat em. Lol

3 regional titles in almost two decades.

Maybe the softball coach should coach football? 😂

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

packers80 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:41 pm Good luck to the Midwest all stars. Same as last year, no excuses for not winning a state title with what they have in D5........again.
I keep wondering what the excuse is for only winning ya own region like 3× in almost two decades. Some may ask why I am over here on burgs thread - & that's why. Speak of programs underperforming huh? 😂 I am in search of clues that will lead to the answer. Figured I'd start w that, then we can talk about their grip in conference beggining to slip away as well the last couple years. Seems the burg staff just keeps trending down.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Boys regional runner up. Loss to Cadiz
Girls state softball champions. Back to back

Successful year again in burg sports

2023 starts soon

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:17 am Boys regional runner up. Loss to Cadiz

2023 starts soon
Burg softball is a prime example what can be achieved with great talent and great coaching.

Congrats Lady Pirates!

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:57 pm
packers80 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:41 pm Good luck to the Midwest all stars. Same as last year, no excuses for not winning a state title with what they have in D5........again.
I keep wondering what the excuse is for only winning ya own region like 3× in almost two decades. Some may ask why I am over here on burgs thread - & that's why. Speak of programs underperforming huh? 😂 I am in search of clues that will lead to the answer. Figured I'd start w that, then we can talk about their grip in conference beggining to slip away as well the last couple years. Seems the burg staff just keeps trending down.
I’m curious what is Woodward overall record and Pendletons?
Seriously would love to know this.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:38 am

2023 starts soon
Burg softball is a prime example what can be achieved with great talent and great coaching.

Congrats Lady Pirates!
Even though I’m a Fighting Tiger fan, congratulations to the Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:38 am

2023 starts soon

Congrats Lady Pirates!
Very talented. And probably no change next year. This is the team that won the World Series. It’s to be expected

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I’m curious what is Woodward overall record and Pendletons?

Woodward is 153-35
Pendleton is 56-11

Very similar results! Both are very very good at what they do! Both programs are extremely fortunate to have high quality head coaches. To me the advantage goes to Rob due to slightly better player development and weekly team improvement from august to November. But in talking best coaches in SEO these are the only two names in the hat by far!!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

JChipwood wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:16 pm I’m curious what is Woodward overall record and Pendletons?

Woodward is 153-35
Pendleton is 56-11

Very similar results! Both are very very good at what they do! Both programs are extremely fortunate to have high quality head coaches. To me the advantage goes to Rob due to slightly better player development and weekly team improvement from august to November. But in talking best coaches in SEO these are the only two names in the hat by far!!
Half of Pendleton losses came his first year when he took over a program that was middle tier OVC. He’s 50-6 since his first year. Pe

Pendleton is 3-2 very Wheelersburg heads up. Didn’t play during Covid.

He has 4 conf. Championships
3 regional championships
3 state championship appearances.

Talk about development. At beginning of last season Ironton and Wheelersburg were virtually even in 1st game. I think if they played at end of year. Ironton would have running clocked them. There’s some facts to back that up as well. Example (West and HP)

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I don’t think Ironton coaches get enough credit for development. They developed Carrico into a National recruit and he never played LB in his life til HS. They developed several other Ironton kids into college players as well.
From my understanding not one kid who has came to Ironton from another school came with any offers. I thought maybe the kids from Ashland did but was told
Pittman was watched on the field at Ironton and that’s where Offer from UK came from.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:43 pm I don’t think Ironton coaches get enough credit for development. They developed Carrico into a National recruit and he never played LB in his life til HS. They developed several other Ironton kids into college players as well.
From my understanding not one kid who has came to Ironton from another school came with any offers. I thought maybe the kids from Ashland did but was told
Pittman was watched on the field at Ironton and that’s where Offer from UK came from.
I was wondering when Ironton kool-aid drinkers would take credit for Pittman’s UK football scholarship offer. You guys are truly amazing!! LMAO!!

According to Pittman himself:
- He publicly announced his transfer to Ironton May 26, 2022
- May 27, 2022 he received his UK offer!

Although I’m sure you kool-aid drinkers will now call me a liar and accuse me of hacking Pittman’s account, or some other nonsense.

https://twitter.com/pittmankeontae

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I get this will be opinion based but I think

Burg coaches are the best in the area. They basically played the last two years with a limited QB in passing and somehow made it work, including upsetting Ironton last year.

When I see coach Pendleton win or go far with zero transfers that come in high school, I’ll acknowledge that he can coach at a higher level. With the talent, that’s came in, it would be almost hard for any coach not to win.

He’s good at promoting his kids for sure and getting them stronger. But that’s basically his entire job. He has time.

All other coaches in the area are teachers and parents.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:41 pm
JChipwood wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:16 pm I’m curious what is Woodward overall record and Pendletons?

Woodward is 153-35
Pendleton is 56-11

Half of Pendleton losses came his first year when he took over a program that was middle tier OVC. He’s 50-6 since his first year. Pe

3 regional championships

Talk about development. At beginning of last season Ironton and Wheelersburg were virtually even in 1st game. I think if they played at end of year. Ironton would have running clocked them. There’s some facts to back that up as well. Example (West and HP)
Lol. No way on running clock. I think Ironton may have won but prep was the worst coached team in a regional game that I can remember. Like embarrassingly bad

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:15 pm

Woodward is 153-35
Pendleton is 56-11

3 regional championships

Lol. No way on running clock. I think Ironton may have won but prep was the worst coached team in a regional game that I can remember. Like embarrassingly bad
Without 3 fumbles and gift wrapping Wheelersburg TDs. Harvest Prep was going to blow out Wheelersburg. The turnovers kept them in the game. Check the stats in the game.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Woodward is 153-35
Pendleton is 56-11

Wow! Both are good with impressive records. Pendleton has coached in more state championships and will probably be in more to come, but Woodward played in a tougher conference. With Ironton going independent in football, the Tigers should play tougher opponents.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:09 pm
XandOs wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:43 pm I don’t think Ironton coaches get enough credit for development. They developed Carrico into a National recruit and he never played LB in his life til HS. They developed several other Ironton kids into college players as well.
I was wondering when Ironton kool-aid drinkers would take credit for Pittman’s UK football scholarship offer. You guys are truly amazing!! LMAO!!

Although I’m sure you kool-aid drinkers will now call me a liar and accuse me of hacking Pittman’s account, or some other nonsense.

Once again. That offer came while he was on the field at Ironton. That same day I was told they offered freshman OL Gossett who hadn’t played a down yet for Ironton. They also offered Perkins and Keyes.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

You’re right they don’t get enough. Congratulations

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:20 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:15 pm

3 regional championships

Without 3 fumbles and gift wrapping Wheelersburg TDs. Harvest Prep was going to blow out Wheelersburg. The turnovers kept them in the game. Check the stats in the game.
Well Burg was the 6th seed and Prep the 2 seed. The prep game wasn't going to be a blow out. The first two drives by prep were the difference maker, After that Burg settled in, but the argument was if Ironton would have blown out burg in next game. I say no to that. Burg would have been better prepared than prep.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:42 pm Can they at least win the region this year so that one guy will shut up about it? :mrgreen:
I think so. Burg, Ironton, and Prep all look to be the top 3 in 19.

Burg has the skilled kids to match anyone, the line play will decide the championship. Burg has the personnel but a few haven't played varsity so hopefully they develop.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:22 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:09 pm

Once again. That offer came while he was on the field at Ironton. That same day I was told they offered freshman OL Gossett who hadn’t played a down yet for Ironton. They also offered Perkins and Keyes.
You truly are unbelievable!

So UK ignored all of his playing time at Ashland. Ignored his performance there. But just him being in Pendleton’s presence made him worthy of an offer. The truth is Pendleton had nothing to do with Pittman’s development up to that point! But you are still giving him credit!

Btw, if Pendleton is such a great developer, how come Pittman hasn’t gotten any better offers than UK now that Pittman is being coached and developed by Pendleton? Should be getting offers from Bama and OSU by now.

Next, you’re going to give Pendleton credit for Burg winning the softball state title today.

Return to “Football”