Wheelersburg 2023

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by BigBlueNation »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:25 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:13 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:47 pm

His dad and both uncles went to Burg; one on the 1996 state championship baseball team. Multi-generational Burg kid.
Didn't his dad go to East.
I know Landon always went to Burg.
No. Went to Burg. Grew up on Connie Avenue. Not sure where they live now.
It don't really matter. Worked with the Dad for several years and was pretty good buddies with him and his family. Remember when his boys were born. Almost certain he went to East for awhile.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:10 pm
It don't really matter. Worked with the Dad for several years and was pretty good buddies with him and his family.
I know where him and his brothers lived at in the Burg. Almost certain he went to East for awhile.
I was older than the dad so left Burg by the time he graduated. So maybe he transferred to East but his brothers graduated from Burg.

So maybe he was stolen from Burg while in high school! Thought only Burg did that!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

It don't really matter. Worked with the Dad for several years and was pretty good buddies with him and his family. Remember when his boys were born. Almost certain he went to East for awhile.
His older and younger brothers graduated from Burg. He did graduate from East. Not going to get into details about how this may have happened.

The family currently lives in Wheelersburg and the mother works for the school.

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

Only on this site would grown men argue about where a kid went to school in kindergarten. :lol:

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

LetsRide wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:50 pm Only on this site would grown men argue about where a kid went to school in kindergarten. :lol:
Not arguing just asked a question.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:43 pm

His older and younger brothers graduated from Burg. He did graduate from East. Not going to get into details about how this may have happened.

The family currently lives in Wheelersburg and the mother works for the school.
That's what I was thinking. It's just hard for me to remember stuff anymore.lol

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

The kid lives in Wheelersburg. His dad grew up in Burg but did attend East his last year or two of high school. But he still lived in Burg while attending East. Next topic.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

So what younger players will make an impact on the team this upcoming season?

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

prolly just a rumor but heard burg might be gettin a few studs in this year :lol:

good old ironton and burg..leavin the scraps to the other teams :D

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

mustard wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:37 am prolly just a rumor but heard burg might be gettin a few studs in this year :lol:

Probably just a rumor, heard 1 maybe 2 might be leaving the Burg.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:58 am
mustard wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:37 am prolly just a rumor but heard burg might be gettin a few studs in this year :lol:

Probably just a rumor, heard 1 maybe 2 might be leaving the Burg.
:lol: I could see that if these guys come in.. it will be like an ironton upgrade :lol:

ironton and burg have created this fantasy land of making kids believe they actually good 8-)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will be good regardless of rumors. Hearing good things.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:24 am Burg will be good regardless of rumors. Hearing good things.
There will be at least one good teams in each of Lawrence and Scioto counties then.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Transfer rumors always going strong this time of year, so I wouldn't put too much stock in them. For what it's worth though, the rumors I've heard make no sense. But I don't see many holes in Burg's lineup next year, so any transfers in better be ready to compete for a spot. Interior offensive/defensive line may be areas of low-depth, and maybe running back as well (although they got a couple of sophomores who look ready for some carries). Burg's defense looks to be loaded with a strong senior class, so not too many spots open on that side of ball.

As for rumors of kids transferring out (which I also doubt from the people I've talked to), would wish them nothing but the best if they feel another school is the best fit for them.*

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:26 pm Transfer rumors always going strong this time of year, so I wouldn't put too much stock in them. For what it's worth though, the rumors I've heard make no sense. But I don't see many holes in Burg's lineup next year, so any transfers in better be ready to compete for a spot. Interior offensive/defensive line may be areas of low-depth, and maybe running back as well (although they got a couple of sophomores who look ready for some carries). Burg's defense looks to be loaded with a strong senior class, so not too many spots open on that side of ball.

As for rumors of kids transferring out (which I also doubt from the people I've talked to), would wish them nothing but the best if they feel another school is the best fit for them.*
If I only had a nickel every time I heard about a star player that is supposedly transferring to Burg…

It’s a very rare event, so don’t count on it.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:43 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:26 pm Transfer rumors always going strong this time of year, so I wouldn't put too much stock in them. For what it's worth though, the rumors I've heard make no sense. But I don't see many holes in Burg's lineup next year, so any transfers in better be ready to compete for a spot. Interior offensive/defensive line may be areas of low-depth, and maybe running back as well (although they got a couple of sophomores who look ready for some carries). Burg's defense looks to be loaded with a strong senior class, so not too many spots open on that side of ball.

If I only had a nickel every time I heard about a star player that is supposedly transferring to Burg…

When was the last ones ? Tanner Wilson , Jake Gregg ?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:30 pm

I believe Gregg came after Wilson.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Star players!!!! I had to LOL at that statement!!!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:56 am

Were they not very good ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:56 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:56 am

Were they not very good ?
Both were pretty good but typical d5 athletes. The QB might have been more important, because Burg was thin at QB at the time.

Return to “Football”