Wheelersburg 2023

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by XandOs »

You don’t get it. UK would have never seen him at Ashland or Wheelersburg. Those schools don’t stop at places unless they are going there for a specific player. They saw him along with a FRESHMAN who never played varsity and offered them. Also offered Perkins and Keyes who both had an avg junior years. Your hatred for Pendleton comes through every post you make. It’s just like the corporate world. It’s about who you know and where you’re at. Pendelton played at that level and has had a ton of success early in career. College coaches trust what he says. That’s why you continue to see kids from Ironton get opportunities. The trend isn’t slowing down anytime soon.

Look up Pittman’s stats at Ashland before coming to Ironton.
Last edited by XandOs on Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:56 pm
eagle25 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:42 pm Can they at least win the region this year so that one guy will shut up about it? :mrgreen:
I think so. Burg, Ironton, and Prep all look to be the top 3 in 19.

Burg has the skilled kids to match anyone, the line play will decide the championship. Burg has the personnel but a few haven't played varsity so hopefully they develop.
All three teams will be tough and can’t forget a well coached West team. How is Burg size on line looking this year?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:43 pm You don’t get it. UK would have never seen him at Ashland or Wheelersburg. Those schools don’t stop at places unless they are going there for a specific player. They saw him along with a FRESHMAN who never played varsity and offered them. Also offered Perkins and Keyes who both had an avg junior years. Your hatred for Pendleton comes through every post you make. It’s just like the corporate world. It’s about who you know and where you’re at. Pendelton played at that level and has had a ton of success early in career. College coaches trust what he says. That’s why you continue to see kids from Ironton get opportunities. The trend isn’t slowing down anytime soon.

Look up Pittman’s stats at Ashland before coming to Ironton.
UK would have never seen him? Is that a joke?

Ashland is one of the top 10 winningest football programs in the state of Kentucky (over 700 wins). They just won a state title in 2020. And have had players in the past receive scholarships from UK and other D1 schools!

This may come as a shock, but plenty of players in the area have received D1 offers without stepping foot on Ironton’s field. This most successful player in recent history played at Minford.

I don’t hate Pendleton. Pendleton is not responsible for you kool-aid drinkers. This is all on you!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Did UK stop at Wheelersburg this spring. Did they stop at Ashland? Like I said. You eventually may get it. If not, keep scratching your head. That kid you’re talking about from Minford. Wasn’t he a OL that walked on at Marshall. Good for him. I’m a HUGE Marshall fan. I know the story.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Pendleton has tons of connections and works hard, but I actually think EA365 sports had a huge role because they had his film out as a sophomore before he came to Ironton. So Coach Keyes at Ironton who runs the recruiting service EA365 sports deserves credit too.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:45 pm Did UK stop at Wheelersburg this spring. Did they stop at Ashland? Like I said. You eventually may get it. If not, keep scratching your head. That kid you’re talking about from Minford. Wasn’t he a OL that walked on at Marshall. Good for him. I’m a HUGE Marshall fan. I know the story.
No idea if they did or not. But they have been to Ashland many times in the past, hence the players from Ashland that have received UK offers!

When Holden was playing at Burg, D1 football programs took notice. Imagine that, D1 coaches contacting a Burg player without the help of Pendleton.

What attracts college coaches? Talented players! No matter if they play for Sciotoville, Minford, Valley, Portsmouth, Burg, etc. It’s not the 1970’s, easy for talent to get seen today!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:20 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:38 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:17 am Boys regional runner up. Loss to Cadiz
Girls state softball champions. Back to back

Successful year again in burg sports

2023 starts soon
Burg softball is a prime example what can be achieved with great talent and great coaching.

Congrats Lady Pirates!
Very talented. And probably no change next year. This is the team that won the World Series. It’s to be expected
Softball school

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

irontonwizard wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:49 pm Pendleton has tons of connections and works hard, but I actually think EA365 sports had a huge role because they had his film out as a sophomore before he came to Ironton. So Coach Keyes at Ironton who runs the recruiting service EA365 sports deserves credit too.
He was seldomly used. I don’t believe in the recruiting service business. College coaches still want to talk to the administrators, Head Coach, Guidance, teachers before they get serious. I see all these kids around the area represented by their service but only the Ironton kids are getting the big offers. So what is the seperation? I do believe they help some kids get opportunities to play at small schools which is great for area. But many programs will take anyone with a pulse. They just want the money. I think in the world of college football. It’s all about connections. And Pendelton is very well respected in the state of Ohio and by college coaches for being a young coach who played at a high level and turned around an historic program very quickly. I’ve had many of the parents/boosters tell me that Pendletons connections in college football got the kids the opportunity to play d1 football. Just my two cents.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:57 pm
packers80 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:41 pm Good luck to the Midwest all stars. Same as last year, no excuses for not winning a state title with what they have in D5........again.
I keep wondering what the excuse is for only winning ya own region like 3× in almost two decades. Some may ask why I am over here on burgs thread - & that's why. Speak of programs underperforming huh? 😂 I am in search of clues that will lead to the answer. Figured I'd start w that, then we can talk about their grip in conference beggining to slip away as well the last couple years. Seems the burg staff just keeps trending down.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

No excuses with the talent they have. Better win it all.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:37 pm

Burg softball is a prime example what can be achieved with great talent and great coaching.

Congrats Lady Pirates!
Very talented. And probably no change next year. This is the team that won the World Series. It’s to be expected
Softball school
Currently yes. Probably again next year. Awesome stuff. Burg is an all around championship school.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congrats Lady Pirates!
Softball school
Softball school? How bout that, baseball and football? 7 state titles since 1996. What's the Midwest all stars last title? Golf in 95? Little brother is relevant in more than just one sport. As I write this the fireworks and sirens are going off welcoming home another state championship. Only time you hear that in i-town is when the memorial day parade occurs.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

packers80 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:21 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:57 pm
packers80 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:41 pm Good luck to the Midwest all stars. Same as last year, no excuses for not winning a state title with what they have in D5........again.
I keep wondering what the excuse is for only winning ya own region like 3× in almost two decades. Some may ask why I am over here on burgs thread - & that's why. Speak of programs underperforming huh? 😂 I am in search of clues that will lead to the answer. Figured I'd start w that, then we can talk about their grip in conference beggining to slip away as well the last couple years. Seems the burg staff just keeps trending down.
3 times in almost two decades. That's how many time burg has been the best team in their region. #lilsister

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

packers80 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:27 pm

Softball school
Softball school? How bout that, baseball and football? 7 state titles since 1996. What's the Midwest all stars last title? Golf in 95? Little brother is relevant in more than just one sport. As I write this the fireworks and sirens are going off welcoming home another state championship. Only time you hear that in i-town is when the memorial day parade occurs.
Only 3 times in almost 2 decades burg has been the best team in their region. #lilsis 💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

packers80 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:22 pm No excuses with the talent they have. Better win it all.
What's the going excuse for only being able to make it out of your region 3 times in almost two decades? Kinda feels like that staff is living off the fumes of past nostalgia. Ya biggest rival lapped that production in 5 years. Sheesh. Burg seems to have a lot of work to do. 🤔

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:49 pm

Softball school
Only 3 times in almost 2 decades burg has been the best team in their region. #lilsis 💅
That's all you got? Enjoy the memorial day parade. Also, good luck this year,no excuses. Still 2 titles each....but just in football of course.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:54 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:22 pm No excuses with the talent they have. Better win it all.
What's the going excuse for only being able to make it out of your region 3 times in almost two decades? Kinda feels like that staff is living off the fumes of past nostalgia. Ya biggest rival lapped that production in 5 years. Sheesh. Burg seems to have a lot of work to do. 🤔
Nostalgia? 1989? Really?

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Softball school
I though they had baseball and softball threads on this site? They do right?

3× in almost 2 decades. 2017 aint walking through that door. Lol. BURG & staff best KETCHUP, u dig. MUSTARD?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Enjoy your evening. Hope your grass is green. No pun intended. I'm gonna enjoy another title. #no excuses

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

packers80 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:56 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:54 pm
Nostalgia? 1989? Really?
3x in almost 2 decades is really bad compared to programs who produce more success yearly. At this rate Ironton might still end up getting a shot at 2 or 3 more while burg is struggling to win their conference.

And Ironton beat burg conference champ/daddy too lol.

Idk why you'd wanna have this discussion. 😂

Return to “Football”