Wheelersburg 2023

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

Excited for the home and home we have set up with you guys! Nothing but love respect from your northern pals! Come cheer with us to beat Ironton Friday and Also bring some of these 😂 these things are so annoyingly loud 😆
D54FE102-D796-483D-9010-21FECBBA3BD4.jpeg

Bad Snap
Waterboy

Post by Bad Snap »

BigSpoon
Freshman Team
Post Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:38 am

Wonder how many of their kids will transfer to Ironton?

None they are not D1 talent and Ironton need that to win

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

Bad Snap wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:59 am BigSpoon
Freshman Team
Post Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:38 am

Wonder how many of their kids will transfer to Ironton?

None they are not D1 talent and Ironton need that to win
:D :D :D :D :D

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Why would they transfer to Tri County Fighting Tigers it would take a while for the stink to wear off.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:25 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:14 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:36 am Burg will be very young next year, especially at the skill positions. Look for a lot of Sophomore's to be playing as that is the next big class coming up.
I've heard very good things about the QB in that class, was able to watch him as a young player years ago and he was running around everyone with ease lol had a good arm too for that age (either 6th or 7th grade)
That class has lots of talent outside of just the QB. WRs and RB are very good as well. Anyone who thinks Burg will be down next year will be very surprised.
The senior class is very experienced. I believe around 90% of them have started or contributed since they were sophomores. The sophomores coming in will be called upon to be the skill. The incoming senior class is experienced in line or other positions. If burgs sophomore qb can mature physically and stay healthy, they should be a pretty good team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If I remember correctly no one knew what kind of Qb Trent Salyers was going to be and he turned out fine. He didn’t take very many snaps as a sophomore and then was thrown into the starting job as a Junior. Sure, he had Holden to throw to but he still had to make the throws.

Rucker will be just fine. He will have an up and coming receiver in Kenyon Evans to throw to and by the time the season is over I betcha everyone knows their names!!

Burg will put kids out there that will give you 110% on every play. I’d be shocked if any of them left for any other school, especially out of that Sophomore class. That group has been playing together for awhile!!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Wheelersburg was as solid as usual defensively in 2022, I’d expect that to continue next year. They moved the ball Ok on offense from what I saw, but hard to be that one dimensional against really good teams. One touchdown combined against Ironton, Jackson, and West won’t cut it no matter how good your defense is. Defenses get to bow up a bit in the red zone, and if those drives turn into 7 instead of 3, Wheelersburg could easily have won 9 or 10 games this year.

Next year is a long ways off, but if this QB doesn’t have to be great next year, just has to able to make the easy throws and keep defenses honest.

Excited for Week 1 already.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:07 pm Wheelersburg was as solid as usual defensively in 2022, I’d expect that to continue next year. They moved the ball Ok on offense from what I saw, but hard to be that one dimensional against really good teams. One touchdown combined against Ironton, Jackson, and West won’t cut it no matter how good your defense is. Defenses get to bow up a bit in the red zone, and if those drives turn into 7 instead of 3, Wheelersburg could easily have won 9 or 10 games this year.

Next year is a long ways off, but if this QB doesn’t have to be great next year, just has to able to make the easy throws and keep defenses honest.

Totally agree!!

Should be a great game again!!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:07 pm Wheelersburg was as solid as usual defensively in 2022, I’d expect that to continue next year. They moved the ball Ok on offense from what I saw, but hard to be that one dimensional against really good teams. One touchdown combined against Ironton, Jackson, and West won’t cut it no matter how good your defense is. Defenses get to bow up a bit in the red zone, and if those drives turn into 7 instead of 3, Wheelersburg could easily have won 9 or 10 games this year.

Agree. Burg’s offense was severely limited due to their inability to pass. Difficult to beat Ironton, Jackson, etc by just running.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Burg should be loaded on defense next year with returning players like Hutchinson, Darling, Salyers, Risner, Swords, Warren and Mowery. Interior defensive line may be only question mark with loss of 2 seniors.

Offense should look a lot different as they will be back to a pass-first offense. Not sure who going to replace Glover/Lattimore at running back, but the receivers should be solid, and offensive line will be pretty good as well. They gotta keep Rucker as clean as possible in pass protection as he not carrying much weight. His accuracy is pretty good though and the arm-strength will come as he develops physically.*

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:44 pm Burg should be loaded on defense next year with returning players like Hutchinson, Darling, Salyers, Risner, Swords, Warren and Mowery. Interior defensive line may be only question mark with loss of 2 seniors.

Offense should look a lot different as they will be back to a pass-first offense. Not sure who going to replace Glover/Lattimore at running back, but the receivers should be solid, and offensive line will be pretty good as well. They gotta keep Rucker as clean as possible in pass protection as he not carrying much weight. His accuracy is pretty good though and the arm-strength will come as he develops physically.*
I think Darling will fill the power back part of it...he was a tough runner in 2021. He didn't get a ton of carries this year but I believe he was nursing some injuries most of the year. The sophomores will have a couple pretty good rb's in Emnett and Brown.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It will be interesting how the coaches use their skill. There’s not many skilled kids in the junior class. But there’s a few that can help

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:42 pm

Agree. Burg’s offense was severely limited due to their inability to pass. Difficult to beat Ironton, Jackson, etc by just running.
Every loss was on the offense inability to score TDs. Everyone just put everyone in the box because they knew burg had no passing threat

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:07 pm It will be interesting how the coaches use their skill. There’s not many skilled kids in the junior class. But there’s a few that can help
What the juniors to be lack the sophomores make up for it but asking a lot for major contributions from sophomores. But more freshmen saw more minutes this yr than any other yr I can remember

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

fbnut wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:16 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:42 pm

Every loss was on the offense inability to score TDs. Everyone just put everyone in the box because they knew burg had no passing threat

True statement!! They had the QB that could have made those throws had he been worked in throughout the season, mot thrown into a game and have him start chucking the ball 40 yards down the field like they did against West.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:44 pm Burg should be loaded on defense next year with returning players like Hutchinson, Darling, Salyers, Risner, Swords, Warren and Mowery. Interior defensive line may be only question mark with loss of 2 seniors.

I think the Darling/Warren duo will be just fine taking the majority of the carries, with Hutch getting some of the Eric Lattimore touches. Swords will be fine at TE. McGraw and Evans at WR, young but a lot of potential but have been Rucker's WR's his whole life (ik McGraw hasn't played every year) -- was REALLY impressed by both Evans and McGraw and their downfield/outside blocking this season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burgs line will need to fill some holes at guard. But I think they should be sound everywhere else.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think Burg will definitely have some early season question marks on the line but other than that the young kids provide plenty of talent at the skill positions. Burg will be a more fun team to watch with Rucker airing it out to a variety of talented receivers.

If they can fill some of those holes on the line, they have a chance to be even better next year. Sounds crazy after what they graduated, but there's a lot of talent in that upcoming sophomore class and Burg is already returning a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:08 am I think Burg will definitely have some early season question marks on the line but other than that the young kids provide plenty of talent at the skill positions. Burg will be a more fun team to watch with Rucker airing it out to a variety of talented receivers.

If they can fill some of those holes on the line, they have a chance to be even better next year. Sounds crazy after what they graduated, but there's a lot of talent in that upcoming sophomore class and Burg is already returning a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball.
I agree.

oldschool3233
Waterboy

Post by oldschool3233 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:30 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:08 am I think Burg will definitely have some early season question marks on the line but other than that the young kids provide plenty of talent at the skill positions. Burg will be a more fun team to watch with Rucker airing it out to a variety of talented receivers.

I agree.
Should only be a couple holes to fill on the OLine... May will be back at center, Estep at tackle, Risner will be tackle or guard and then Salyers at TE. That's a pretty solid core group that's returning....

Return to “Football”