Wheelersburg 2023

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:45 pm
JTEK wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:17 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:06 pm

Not to the point that if they don't come Burg doesn't still compete, unlike Ironton where you take away the guys they bring in they are mediocre.

Gregg did help but I believe Burg would have found a QB and he would have been fine.

Wilson was good, but definitely not a game changer.

All of this is JMO though!!!
Burg needed Gregg. They had nobody else. Struggled the yr before at qb
Sounds like recruiting Gregg was a good move
the thing ppl keep missing about Gregg moving in is, he was potentially not going to be playing football his Senior year, as there was a ton of traction in Kentucky towards not playing that season due to COVID. He had to take a gamble and possibly not play his Senior season there or come across the river and play for a solid program. It was the right call at the moment and every one of us would have made the same decision as a 18yo.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

mustard wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:03 pm heard the kid from portsmouth is still comin lets see if burg fans unlike the tiger fans can admit that they gonna be better
he's been saying he's coming all Spring. we shall see. seems like PHS is ready for him to hit the door, too much flirting with the other girl

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:01 am
mustard wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:03 pm heard the kid from portsmouth is still comin lets see if burg fans unlike the tiger fans can admit that they gonna be better
he's been saying he's coming all Spring. we shall see. seems like PHS is ready for him to hit the door, too much flirting with the other girl
He hasn't enrolled yet, so not sure what people are thinking. Burg will play with the kids that have been there since grade school I guess. No open portal for them yet.

Field Turf going down now. Looks good and overdue.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

http://www.burgfootball.com/

Hometown turf looks great!

Congrats to Lattimore commitments

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Look forward to seeing the coaches continue to develop their players this year. Hard work pays off.

Rucker looks to be the starting QB but still young, a lot of talent all the way back from their pee-wee days are in that sophomore class as well.

Upcoming senior class has a mix of skill and lineman. An awesome group to watch through the years.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Saw three of burgs hometown players on Twitter get invited to OU.

Nice work coach!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:17 pm Look forward to seeing the coaches continue to develop their players this year. Hard work pays off.

Rucker looks to be the starting QB but still young, a lot of talent all the way back from their pee-wee days are in that sophomore class as well.

Upcoming senior class has a mix of skill and lineman. An awesome group to watch through the years.
Woby: agreed...Burg got a nice mix of skill and size back next year. That junior glass got some monsters on the offensive line who been waiting their turn. If Rucker keeps progressing like he should, they can go deep into playoffs.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:39 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:17 pm Look forward to seeing the coaches continue to develop their players this year. Hard work pays off.

Woby: agreed...Burg got a nice mix of skill and size back next year. That junior glass got some monsters on the offensive line who been waiting their turn. If Rucker keeps progressing like he should, they can go deep into playoffs.*
Definitely. A nice mix of skill in junior class. They are just thin as far as numbers. These guys have been in the system since grade school. Everyone has an opportunity to make impacts. There’s a few in my opinion, that will surprise some. They’ve just been waiting their turn.

It’s good to already know who’s coming up as a fan.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burgs o and d line will be good on paper. If they can produce, should be great season.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Heard Lattimore from Portsmouth has enrolled at Burg.

If he can keep his head on him I think he will fit in nicely with the Burg offense.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:24 pm Heard Lattimore from Portsmouth has enrolled at Burg.

If he can keep his head on him I think he will fit in nicely with the Burg offense.
You seem excited. Ironton gets a transfer and it’s terrible

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:24 pm Heard Lattimore from Portsmouth has enrolled at Burg.

Nice free agent signing, glad kids are choosing Burg again .

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Awesome for that young man. Hope he finds success!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:39 pm

Mom wanted to get him out of Portsmouth. Seemed to be some problems.

Ironton approached her about transferring there, Burg never approached her. (As I have said, Ironton actively recruits while Burg does not).

She decided to move to Burg for three reasons:
1. Academics
2. Athletics
3. Closer to home (Ptown)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:06 pm

Ironton approached her about transferring there, Burg never approached her. (As I have said, Ironton actively recruits while Burg does not).

1. Academics
2. Athletics
Proof :lol: :lol:

Sensible Steve
Waterboy

Post by Sensible Steve »

1. Academics
2. Athletics
this is classic OMG

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

1. Academics
2. Athletics
Awesome 😂

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:18 pm

1. Academics
2. Athletics
Proof :lol: :lol:
This is 100% true regardless of your disbelief.

Of course you would never believe it even if she told you directly. Hell, she could have video tape of Pendleton talking with her, and you wouldn’t believe it.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Once again, the rule

Transfer to Wheelersburg = Great reasons only, never athletically motivated

Transfer to Ironton = Recruited

I hope the kid experiences success in the classroom and in athletics whatever that means. He and his family made a decision about what they felt is best for them. Good luck to him!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:47 pm Once again, the rule

Transfer to Wheelersburg = Great reasons only, never athletically motivated

Transfer to Ironton = Recruited

I hope the kid experiences success in the classroom and in athletics whatever that means. He and his family made a decision about what they felt is best for them. Good luck to him!
As I’ve said over and over “Ironton does recruit, Burg does not”. Fortunately you can easily verify if I am lying. Burg’s at Ironton this year. You can take time out of bowing to your god Pendleton and simply ask the person directly.

Of course you could have done this with kids from the past who transferred to Ironton but had connections to Burg. Not difficult to find out the truth if you really wanted to know.

Return to “Football”