Wheelersburg 2023

Blitz
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by Blitz »

I am worried more about our DL & LB's than OL. Our DL was flat out nasty last year and made a ton of tackles we played a lot of 30 front. We will struggle to replace Glover, Stanley and Blackburn on that side... especially with the only DE backup (Swords) not playing this year. Risner and Salyers will be leaned on heavily

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Blitz wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:23 am I am worried more about our DL & LB's than OL. Our DL was flat out nasty last year and made a ton of tackles we played a lot of 30 front. We will struggle to replace Glover, Stanley and Blackburn on that side... especially with the only DE backup (Swords) not playing this year. Risner and Salyers will be leaned on heavily
Probably have to see more of a 40 front. They will lose size without blackburn and stanley, but DL is always well coached, They will find guys to fill departing. I think the OL will be more challenging for them, more responsibilty to learn.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:52 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:47 pm Sounds like you have the Fighting Tigers dead to rights. Do you need OHSAA contact info so you can pass it along?
Wheelersburg school officials know this. Up to them decide how to handle it. More importantly, up to the Lattimore family. They are the ones that would get dragged into this.

Not my child, so not my place to report it.
In other words, heresay.

Know what isn't just a rumor?

Burg has only won their region 3 times in last 15 years. That's fact. #OverRated

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

RBH23 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:36 am
BigSpoon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:55 am Burg is just a softball school now 🥎
And yet this softball school is the last SEO school to win the state in football :)
Its been ugly since then though 🤐

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BigSpoon wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:07 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:36 am
BigSpoon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:55 am Burg is just a softball school now 🥎
And yet this softball school is the last SEO school to win the state in football :)
Its been ugly since then though 🤐
Ugly? Because they haven’t won another? If not picking up another title since then is ugly, what does that say about Ironton that hasn’t won since 1989?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats to burg winning the softball,baseball SOC and track SOC (co-champs with minford)

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:20 am Congrats to burg winning the softball,baseball SOC and track SOC (co-champs with minford)
In track, the boys were co-champs with Minford, but didn’t the girls win it outright?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:36 am
wobycat wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:20 am Congrats to burg winning the softball,baseball SOC and track SOC (co-champs with minford)
In track, the boys were co-champs with Minford, but didn’t the girls win it outright?
Yes I believe so

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

fbnut wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:54 am
mustard wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:41 am
LockHerUp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:09 am Stupid AND true ???????? I just showed you Ironton boys are still thriving.
:lol:
check your stats and roster ironton boys are getting picked over

same thing this year

Ashland QB and wr
Notre Dame RB
Northwest WR
Huntington Slot
There is a reason they got kicked out of their own league and a longtime rival(Ashland) no longer plays them. Coaches finally got sick of the open latent recruiting :D
If I were wheelersburg I would certainly complain loudly to the OHSA as to why Ironton is the only team allowed to ",recruit ". I'm sure if wheelerburg were give the same opportunity as Ironton that kids would flock there and also not to mention their Harvard like academics. What parent wouldn't want their kid to be part of that

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

gobucs20 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:04 am
mustard wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:41 am

:lol:
check your stats and roster ironton boys are getting picked over

same thing this year

Ashland QB and wr
Notre Dame RB
Northwest WR
Huntington Slot
There is a reason they got kicked out of their own league and a longtime rival(Ashland) no longer plays them. Coaches finally got sick of the open latent recruiting :D
If I were wheelersburg I would certainly complain loudly to the OHSA as to why Ironton is the only team allowed to ",recruit ". I'm sure if wheelerburg were give the same opportunity as Ironton that kids would flock there and also not to mention their Harvard like academics. What parent wouldn't want their kid to be part of that
Yeah, why don’t they do that? Is there a reason? Just curious 🤨

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:39 am
Good question. I did ask this of someone at Burg who could take this to OHSAA. Although this person is not a fan of Pendleton or of some of the things he does, there are legit reasons for not going to OHSAA:

1. Doing this would put the kids involved under pressure, and that’s not something they want to do. Some of these kids and their families have strong connections to Burg; don’t want to hurt the kid or family.

2. Let’s say OHSAA would get involved and find wrong doing? Who would suffer the most if this happened? The Ironton kids! Again, no one wants to hurt the kids despite what they think about some of these shenanigans. After all, school sports should be about the kids, not adults and egos.

As for my thoughts, it’s good for Burg when Ironton is good. Makes for a great measuring stick. So Ironton needs to keep getting transfers/recruits so that they remain competitive. Without them, Ironton isn’t much of a challenge.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:53 pm
Good question. I did ask this of someone at Burg who could take this to OHSAA. Although this person is not a fan of Pendleton or of some of the things he does, there are legit reasons for not going to OHSAA:

1. Doing this would put the kids involved under pressure, and that’s not something they want to do. Some of these kids and their families have strong connections to Burg; don’t want to hurt the kid or family.

2. Let’s say OHSAA would get involved and find wrong doing? Who would suffer the most if this happened? The Ironton kids! Again, no one wants to hurt the kids despite what they think about some of these shenanigans. After all, school sports should be about the kids, not adults and egos.

As for my thoughts, it’s good for Burg when Ironton is good. Makes for a great measuring stick. So Ironton needs to keep getting transfers/recruits so that they remain competitive. Without them, Ironton isn’t much of a challenge.
So, if this is actually going on it’s okay for the kids who are left at the schools where the “recruited” ones leave from to be hurt, but not the ones who leave. Got it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg turf looks great.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:59 pm

So, if this is actually going on it’s okay for the kids who are left at the schools where the “recruited” ones leave from to be hurt, but not the ones who leave. Got it.
No one says this is okay, just saying that reporting it can cause more damage to more kids. Plus, it could ruin the future of the kid that was recruited. And since the kid wants to leave, that should be his decision (right or wrong).

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:04 pm

No one says this is okay, just saying that reporting it can cause more damage to more kids. Plus, it could ruin the future of the kid that was recruited. And since the kid wants to leave, that should be his decision (right or wrong).
You’ve clearly rehearsed that excuse. But it doesn’t hold water. To say it isn’t okay to hurt the player who leaves a team but it’s okay for the team he leaves to be hurt makes no sense. Also, if the player intended to leave all along on his own why would anyone have to recruit him? No, it’s clear that you people want to blame your losses to Ironton on “recruiting” but you have no evidence to support your claim or you would report it. If you’re not going to do that then might as well stop complaining about it. Just makes you look foolish.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:30 pm

You’ve clearly rehearsed that excuse. But it doesn’t hold water. To say it isn’t okay to hurt the player who leaves a team but it’s okay for the team he leaves to be hurt makes no sense. Also, if the player intended to leave all along on his own why would anyone have to recruit him? No, it’s clear that you people want to blame your losses to Ironton on “recruiting” but you have no evidence to support your claim or you would report it. If you’re not going to do that then might as well stop complaining about it. Just makes you look foolish.
Oh dear lord, you asked why people from Burg who know this haven’t turned the info into OHSAA, and I just shared with you what has been said to me. Sorry you don’t like it.

But let me try to explain their logic better so that maybe even you can understand. If Burg contacted OHSAA about a player who was recruited…
1) The personal relationship with that kid and his family would be destroyed since the kid and his family would now be investigated as well. This is not something the people at Burg want to do. Would ruin trust, friendships, etc.

2) If OHSAA found wrong doing, Ironton would be punished along with the kid who people from Burg have a relationship with. All of the kids at Ironton would be punished; not allowed to play, games cancelled, etc.

3) The team the kid left is not being punished. They aren’t having games taken away, having their program punished, etc. The team and kids may be pissed that their teammate bailed on them, which has happened, but the team still gets to play games.

As for Ironton winning with these kids, no duh it’s a big part of their success. But as I said, Pendleton is smart to do this, otherwise his program would be slightly above average. My only complaint about it is that Ironton fans pretend to be clueless that it is happening.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:36 am
Ordinary kids doing extraordinary things. Go BURG.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

RBH23 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:56 pm

Oh dear lord, you asked why people from Burg who know this haven’t turned the info into OHSAA, and I just shared with you what has been said to me. Sorry you don’t like it.

But let me try to explain their logic better so that maybe even you can understand. If Burg contacted OHSAA about a player who was recruited…
1) The personal relationship with that kid and his family would be destroyed since the kid and his family would now be investigated as well. This is not something the people at Burg want to do. Would ruin trust, friendships, etc.

2) If OHSAA found wrong doing, Ironton would be punished along with the kid who people from Burg have a relationship with. All of the kids at Ironton would be punished; not allowed to play, games cancelled, etc.

3) The team the kid left is not being punished. They aren’t having games taken away, having their program punished, etc. The team and kids may be pissed that their teammate bailed on them, which has happened, but the team still gets to play games.

As for Ironton winning with these kids, no duh it’s a big part of their success. But as I said, Pendleton is smart to do this, otherwise his program would be slightly above average. My only complaint about it is that Ironton fans pretend to be clueless that it is happening.
As I’ve said, you’ve clearly rehearsed this excuse over and over. But that’s what it is, an excuse. If you or anyone else had any evidence you would no doubt turn them in. If you were actually concerned about the kids you wouldn’t post about it on here. So, just admit it that you’re jealous of Ironton and move on. Stop holding such anger and just let it out and then get on with your life. It’s more healthy that way. 😂

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:04 pm

As I’ve said, you’ve clearly rehearsed this excuse over and over. But that’s what it is, an excuse. If you or anyone else had any evidence you would no doubt turn them in. If you were actually concerned about the kids you wouldn’t post about it on here. So, just admit it that you’re jealous of Ironton and move on. Stop holding such anger and just let it out and then get on with your life. It’s more healthy that way. 😂
LOL!!

Rehearsed this? Who am I rehearsing for? I don’t live in the area, and people I come in contact with on a daily basis have no idea Wheelersburg or Ironton exist.

This is what was shared with me from those in Burg. Again, sorry if you don’t like their response.

As for your jealousy comment, I actually feel sad for Ironton. When I did live in the area, Ironton was truly a football powerhouse, the education system was good, and the community had life. It’s really sad to see what it has become. Reminds me of the town in the movie “All the Right Moves”. Ampipe I think was the name.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:22 pm
Chief Kdogg wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:04 pm

LOL!!

Rehearsed this? Who am I rehearsing for? I don’t live in the area, and people I come in contact with on a daily basis have no idea Wheelersburg or Ironton exist.

This is what was shared with me from those in Burg. Again, sorry if you don’t like their response.

As for your jealousy comment, I actually feel sad for Ironton. When I did live in the area, Ironton was truly a football powerhouse, the education system was good, and the community had life. It’s really sad to see what it has become. Reminds me of the town in the movie “All the Right Moves”. Ampipe I think was the name.
Okay.

Return to “Football”