Man, there's some ancient threads on this forum. Why?

teach1coach2
All State

Re: Man, there's some ancient threads on this forum. Why?

Post by teach1coach2 »

Tom Smyth wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:41 am
teach1coach2 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:15 pm The MVLforum is no longer. But in it's hayday the moderators used to lock the threads a week or two after conversations ended. It kept people from posting on threads that were years old and bringing them back to the top. Just sayin'
Probably a big reason that it’s “no longer.” No one likes a dictatorship but the dictator. Matt is no dictator. Just sayin’
Actually, the guy who "owned" and paid for the mvlforum site was caught in a drug sting selling heroin. I won't mention the name, but the former educator and coach is now in prison. The family or someone kept it going a couple years.

Threads were not shut due to free speech issues. He just waited until the thread had ran it's course and locked it to keep threads current. Didn't stop people from copying and pasting if they wanted to show they predicted something or how wrong another poster was.

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:51 am
Tom Smyth wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:41 am
teach1coach2 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:15 pm The MVLforum is no longer. But in it's hayday the moderators used to lock the threads a week or two after conversations ended. It kept people from posting on threads that were years old and bringing them back to the top. Just sayin'
Probably a big reason that it’s “no longer.” No one likes a dictatorship but the dictator. Matt is no dictator. Just sayin’
Actually, the guy who "owned" and paid for the mvlforum site was caught in a drug sting selling heroin. I won't mention the name, but the former educator and coach is now in prison. The family or someone kept it going a couple years.

Threads were not shut due to free speech issues. He just waited until the thread had ran it's course and locked it to keep threads current. Didn't stop people from copying and pasting if they wanted to show they predicted something or how wrong another poster was.
Oh well then by all means let’s do what the drug dealer did and cater to the people complaining and totally disregard what anyone else wants. SMDH

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

mattash wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:57 pm No reason to delete them. I’m still upset I deleted 2004-2009. There is a lot of good content. We have Amazon AWS and I have plenty of storage
Glad to hear you say that.

MetalheadGamer87
Freshman Team

Post by MetalheadGamer87 »

I'm for deleting a thread if it hadn't been commented on in years.

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

MetalheadGamer87 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:01 pm I'm for deleting a thread if it hadn't been commented on in years.
i'm for that... or at the very least put threads 2 years or older in a separate forum for those who like to bring up the past.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

West Rowan Falcons wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:46 pm
MetalheadGamer87 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:01 pm I'm for deleting a thread if it hadn't been commented on in years.
i'm for that... or at the very least put threads 2 years or older in a separate forum for those who like to bring up the past.
This is a good idea, but old things on here is like going to a library. If libraries kept getting rid of old things historians wouldn't be able to research.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:22 pm
This is a good idea, but old things on here is like going to a library. If libraries kept getting rid of old things historians wouldn't be able to research.
Well if we are gonna get rid of old posts, then we should get rid of a certain few old posters who serve no purpose as well.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:42 am So glad we have Matt. He doesn’t run SEOPS like Facebook where all they do is cave in liberal Whitney assess who cry about everything.
What do you want to say that you believe that you cant say there?

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:49 am
mattash wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:57 pm No reason to delete them. I’m still upset I deleted 2004-2009. There is a lot of good content. We have Amazon AWS and I have plenty of storage
Glad to hear you say that.
Same here. I don’t see any reason to change what we have.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:42 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:45 pm
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:42 am So glad we have Matt. He doesn’t run SEOPS like Facebook where all they do is cave in liberal Whitney assess who cry about everything.
What do you want to say that you believe that you cant say there?
No comment. Noreply66 is watching. He leads the league in users banned!
What kind of things does fb not allow you to say?

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:22 pm
thank you noreply66. i think a separate threads for older threads would make it easier to peruse each forum. you're right about libraries too.
i'm throwing my two cents in even though its not my site and mattash can run it any way he feels.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

have to respect Matt when talking about what he deleted before. There was a lot of good material there. I know when it comes to sport sites, I use to be able to go back further than I can now when it came to cross country and track. I lot of stats can't be review now

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”