Man, there's some ancient threads on this forum. Why?

carbon_dated
All State

Man, there's some ancient threads on this forum. Why?

Post by carbon_dated »

Not sure who's at fault, but when there's 176 pages of threads dating back to 2008 I think it is time someone delete a few thousand.

I mean, clean up the site! Maybe it's the MODS not doing there job but if I were one I'd sure as heck delete the crappola.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Man, there's some ancient threads on this forum. Why?

Post by formerfcfan »

phpBB software has tons of storage. May be wise for them to prune some clunkers (of which there are plenty), but others might be worth holding onto.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

No reason to delete them. I’m still upset I deleted 2004-2009. There is a lot of good content. We have Amazon AWS and I have plenty of storage

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

mattash wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:57 pm No reason to delete them. I’m still upset I deleted 2004-2009. There is a lot of good content. We have Amazon AWS and I have plenty of storage
Oh, snap. Even better!

The 04-09 threads had some gems.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I have been reading some 2016-17 Ironton threads. Some doozies from back then. Some of the same whining about transfers now were dancing on graves then. Kind of fun.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

carbon_dated wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:46 pm Not sure who's at fault, but when there's 176 pages of threads dating back to 2008 I think it is time someone delete a few thousand.

I mean, clean up the site! Maybe it's the MODS not doing there job but if I were one I'd sure as heck delete the crappola.
Kinda funny that you. With your user name mentioned this :o
Last edited by kantucky on Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

On occasion I’ll go back to page 78 to recall what I think I remembered.

Don’t need the Miller vs Green tournament thread or whatever but not hard to sift through.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

You should look at some other bb's. Realgm has over 5000 pages on the general board. There was a reformat or something at one time I guess because it shows 1970 as the oldest date.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I can remember when Mattash, RHBrutus and Jesco White came over to TriStste Preps and ask me to join them in a new site. Think they were going to name it Southeastern Ohio Preps or something like that. Man was that a long time ago. Came a long way since then.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:01 pm I have been reading some 2016-17 Ironton threads. Some doozies from back then. Some of the same whining about transfers now were dancing on graves then. Kind of fun.

Yep. Kind of just shows you that without the recruits Ironton had nothing. Maybe someday you all will be man enough to admit that!!!

Was reading post about how maybe Ironton should drop Burg or at least play them later in the season so that they don't start out week 1 0-1.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Zoned_Up614 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:49 pm
carbon_dated wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:46 pm Not sure who's at fault, but when there's 176 pages of threads dating back to 2008 I think it is time someone delete a few thousand.

It may be that it's not a job at all and someone just maintains it during their spare time?
Well you have a point, but my thought was it'd save memory but I guess mattash has it under control and people have no problem.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:21 pm
TigerBob wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:01 pm I have been reading some 2016-17 Ironton threads. Some doozies from back then. Some of the same whining about transfers now were dancing on graves then. Kind of fun.

Yep. Kind of just shows you that without the recruits Ironton had nothing. Maybe someday you all will be man enough to admit that!!!

Was reading post about how maybe Ironton should drop Burg or at least play them later in the season so that they don't start out week 1 0-1.
These comments always blows my mind coming from a Pirate fan lol 😂 😂

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:33 pm

I don’t know why it blows your minds! Burg fans can actually come on here and say yes, Burg had 1 maybe 2 kids come in every now and then. Ironton has brought in 4-6 EVERY YEAR SINCE PENDLETON HAS BEEN THERE!!! Only way they have been winning but you guys can’t admit that!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

mattash wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:57 pm No reason to delete them. I’m still upset I deleted 2004-2009. There is a lot of good content. We have Amazon AWS and I have plenty of storage
there was some good stuff back in the day.

AT THE RESERVATION
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:10 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:33 pm

I don’t know why it blows your minds! Burg fans can actually come on here and say yes, Burg had 1 maybe 2 kids come in every now and then. Ironton has brought in 4-6 EVERY YEAR SINCE PENDLETON HAS BEEN THERE!!! Only way they have been winning but you guys can’t admit that!!
As I have said many times, the 2020 team had 1-2 kids who didn’t start HS at Ironton, with 1 of those coming pre-Pendleton. However, since you are a) not very smart and b) a huge dork, you seem to have trouble comprehending.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

The MVLforum is no longer. But in it's hayday the moderators used to lock the threads a week or two after conversations ended. It kept people from posting on threads that were years old and bringing them back to the top. Just sayin'

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

teach1coach2 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:15 pm The MVLforum is no longer. But in it's hayday the moderators used to lock the threads a week or two after conversations ended. It kept people from posting on threads that were years old and bringing them back to the top. Just sayin'
stick with teaching math you old geezer

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

teach1coach2 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:15 pm The MVLforum is no longer. But in it's hayday the moderators used to lock the threads a week or two after conversations ended. It kept people from posting on threads that were years old and bringing them back to the top. Just sayin'
Probably a big reason that it’s “no longer.” No one likes a dictatorship but the dictator. Matt is no dictator. Just sayin’

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Tom Smyth wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:41 am
Probably a big reason that it’s “no longer.” No one likes a dictatorship but the dictator. Matt is no dictator. Just sayin’
Agreed.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:34 pm
Tom Smyth wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:41 am
Agreed.
I’ll call Matt the Elon Musk of SEOPS. He isn’t giving in to the softies who are offended by the resurrection of the old threads.

Return to “Football”