Kirtland vs Fort Frye

Bagger Vance
Riding the Bench

Re: Kirtland vs Fort Frye

Post by Bagger Vance »

A few weeks ago I would've thought FF had a chance, after the last couple weeks I don't believe that to be true anymore. Kirtland 34-7
Last edited by Bagger Vance on Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:28 pm
efarns wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:16 pm I'm a Fort Frye fan, but at full strength, I'd still put money on Kirtland and 24 points. I don't need "excuses" for anything.
WOW waving the white flag on Sunday . Surely espy can foresee a path for a fort victory
You aren't favoring Kirtland? Do tell!

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

efarns wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:15 pm
efarns wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:16 pm I'm a Fort Frye fan, but at full strength, I'd still put money on Kirtland and 24 points. I don't need "excuses" for anything.
WOW waving the white flag on Sunday . Surely espy can foresee a path for a fort victory
Of course kirtland is favored but if fort plays flawless and kirtland has an off game . Get it to the fourth quarter, fort has nothing to lose . I’m sure Huck will have a plan if it works we will see I’m not ready to say fort will loose by 24

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:37 pm
efarns wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:15 pm

Of course kirtland is favored but if fort plays flawless and kirtland has an off game . Get it to the fourth quarter, fort has nothing to lose . I’m sure Huck will have a plan if it works we will see I’m not ready to say fort will loose by 24
I agree there is a path to a Fort Frye victory.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Fort Frye isn’t here for no reason. We aren’t overlooking them for sure

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Easyrider
Waterboy

Post by Easyrider »

Kirtland is the decided favorite in this game and for good reason. They have earned it. Their program is top tier. The coaching staff is always well prepared and do an incredible job of teaching the kids the fundamentals and they know how to communicate the demands of playing with excellence and respect. The kids go all in and put the work In the weight room and practices. Throw in the support of the parents and the community and it makes for a winning recipe. The Fort has made tremendous strides in their program over the last several years by following the same pattern and should easily be considered a top ten D6 program in the state of Ohio. That in itself is a huge accomplishment, they are now a team that programs will schedule up to to improve their own program or dodge them if they don't. Stay the course Cadets ! Back to the game.....the ball is oblong and bounces funny sometimes, the Fort will have to play mistake free and maybe get a defensive or special teams score or two and maybe Kirtland will make a mistake or two that can be taken advantage of and they can be within a score in the fourth. But I see Kirtland by 2-3 scores imo.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Good luck to FF, hope I'm wrong, but Kirtland 35-7

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Easyrider wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:21 pm Kirtland is the decided favorite in this game and for good reason. They have earned it. Their program is top tier. The coaching staff is always well prepared and do an incredible job of teaching the kids the fundamentals and they know how to communicate the demands of playing with excellence and respect. The kids go all in and put the work In the weight room and practices. Throw in the support of the parents and the community and it makes for a winning recipe. The Fort has made tremendous strides in their program over the last several years by following the same pattern and should easily be considered a top ten D6 program in the state of Ohio. That in itself is a huge accomplishment, they are now a team that programs will schedule up to to improve their own program or dodge them if they don't. Stay the course Cadets ! Back to the game.....the ball is oblong and bounces funny sometimes, the Fort will have to play mistake free and maybe get a defensive or special teams score or two and maybe Kirtland will make a mistake or two that can be taken advantage of and they can be within a score in the fourth. But I see Kirtland by 2-3 scores imo.
Great post. I have Kirtland-35 FF-17 if Fort Frye is completely healthy. I hope I’m wrong and Fort Frye pulls it out.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Good luck Kirtland.

Ps. It is KIRT with a T not Kirk with a K seo. Annunciate. 😂

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:28 pm Good luck Kirtland.

Maybe I missed it but 4 pages of comments and don't see it spelled with a "K" once. 😂

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

I think this game should’ve been played in New Philadelphia at Woody Hayes stadium. That stadium also hosts big time playoff games. I remember when it hosted Joe Burrow and the Athens Bulldogs vs ASVSM. New Philadelphia is only 84 miles from Beverly & 90 miles from Kirkland. Instead the OHSAA screws the southern Ohio team again and makes them drive 148 miles to Canfield while Kirkland drives 73. They also screwed Ironton. Ironton has to drive 139 miles to Cincinnati Princeton while Germantown Valley View drives 36. They could have had that game in Chillicothe and the drive would have been 78 miles for Ironton and 90 miles for Germantown. I hope both southern Ohio teams come up big since they were both screwed on the drives. Especially with high gas prices. Something like this is literally the difference in some people being able to attend the game or not. It just not fair.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Bird Dog wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:55 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:28 pm Good luck Kirtland.

Maybe I missed it but 4 pages of comments and don't see it spelled with a "K" once. 😂
It wasnt specifically directed. You know its an issue for some reason.

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

it's a dang shame Ironton and Fort Frye get the mileage driven screw job from the OHSAA.

what'd really make a statement is if both schools simply refused to go so the OHSAA doesn't get any money, but lesson learned for future scheduling

SVTRaptor
Waterboy

Post by SVTRaptor »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:12 pm I think this game should’ve been played in New Philadelphia at Woody Hayes stadium. That stadium also hosts big time playoff games. I remember when it hosted Joe Burrow and the Athens Bulldogs vs ASVSM. New Philadelphia is only 84 miles from Beverly & 90 miles from Kirkland. Instead the OHSAA screws the southern Ohio team again and makes them drive 148 miles to Canfield while Kirkland drives 73. They also screwed Ironton. Ironton has to drive 139 miles to Cincinnati Princeton while Germantown Valley View drives 36. They could have had that game in Chillicothe and the drive would have been 78 miles for Ironton and 90 miles for Germantown. I hope both southern Ohio teams come up big since they were both screwed on the drives. Especially with high gas prices. Something like this is literally the difference in some people being able to attend the game or not. It just not fair.
Schools have to be willing to host, it's essentially Thanksgiving weekend and apparently no one wanted to host including New Philly and Dover. I do however find it hard to believe no one around Canton would host, but maybe they already are?

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

SVTRaptor wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:58 pm [quote=BuckeyeBond post_id=2039810 time=<a href="tel:1669061527">1669061527</a> user_id=13452]
I think this game should’ve been played in New Philadelphia at Woody Hayes stadium. That stadium also hosts big time playoff games. I remember when it hosted Joe Burrow and the Athens Bulldogs vs ASVSM. New Philadelphia is only 84 miles from Beverly & 90 miles from Kirkland. Instead the OHSAA screws the southern Ohio team again and makes them drive 148 miles to Canfield while Kirkland drives 73. They also screwed Ironton. Ironton has to drive 139 miles to Cincinnati Princeton while Germantown Valley View drives 36. They could have had that game in Chillicothe and the drive would have been 78 miles for Ironton and 90 miles for Germantown. I hope both southern Ohio teams come up big since they were both screwed on the drives. Especially with high gas prices. Something like this is literally the difference in some people being able to attend the game or not. It just not fair.
Schools have to be willing to host, it's essentially Thanksgiving weekend and apparently no one wanted to host including New Philly and Dover. I do however find it hard to believe no one around Canton would host, but maybe they already are?
[/quote]
SVTRaptor wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:58 pm
BuckeyeBond wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:12 pm I think this game should’ve been played in New Philadelphia at Woody Hayes stadium. That stadium also hosts big time playoff games. I remember when it hosted Joe Burrow and the Athens Bulldogs vs ASVSM. New Philadelphia is only 84 miles from Beverly & 90 miles from Kirkland. Instead the OHSAA screws the southern Ohio team again and makes them drive 148 miles to Canfield while Kirkland drives 73. They also screwed Ironton. Ironton has to drive 139 miles to Cincinnati Princeton while Germantown Valley View drives 36. They could have had that game in Chillicothe and the drive would have been 78 miles for Ironton and 90 miles for Germantown. I hope both southern Ohio teams come up big since they were both screwed on the drives. Especially with high gas prices. Something like this is literally the difference in some people being able to attend the game or not. It just not fair.
New Philadelphia has hosted quite a few state semifinal games in the past this close to Thanksgiving. I just think it’s odd by the OHSAA to decide these sites on Thursday evening. Why not wait until Sunday like usual and let the games play out on Friday & Saturday. After that you can make a more centralized meeting spot for both teams.

WJOSUSteelers
Waterboy

Post by WJOSUSteelers »

Bellaire to Kirtland - That’s one heck of a jump in competition.

Credit Bellaire for making it a game last week after getting run over by FF at the beginning of the season. Credit FF fir finding my a way to survived& advance vs Bellaire.

The during the season version of FF would lead one to think they had a chance vs Kirtland. The last two weeks version of FF leads one to believe it will be a running clock. I do not believe a mostly exclusive DVI running team is going to knock off a Kirtland or a Marion Local, one has to have a legit passing game & balanced offense. Good luck to both schools.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

West Rowan Falcons wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:41 pm what'd really make a statement is if both schools simply refused to go so the OHSAA doesn't get any money, but lesson learned for future scheduling
The schools that were defeated in the previous round would just assume the spots in the next stage.

Fort5789
Waterboy

Post by Fort5789 »

WJOSUSteelers wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:28 pm Bellaire to Kirtland - That’s one heck of a jump in competition.

Credit Bellaire for making it a game last week after getting run over by FF at the beginning of the season. Credit FF fir finding my a way to survived& advance vs Bellaire.

The during the season version of FF would lead one to think they had a chance vs Kirtland. The last two weeks version of FF leads one to believe it will be a running clock. I do not believe a mostly exclusive DVI running team is going to knock off a Kirtland or a Marion Local, one has to have a legit passing game & balanced offense. Good luck to both schools.
This week's version of Fort Frye will be one of the most battle tested versions that have reached this point of the season. If you want to talk about teams being run or pass heavy then you should look at how Kirkland wins. They didn't pass once last week and put a running clock on a really good Mogadore team.
Coach Huck and his staff will most definitely have a game plan to shut that down, personnel be damned. Also Kirtland has to deal with a four headed monster in the backfield asking with a deep threat and screen game. Defending Fort Frye is a nightmare. If the Fort can get a couple guys to find themselves in this opportunity then I promise you it will be a fun game to watch. Borrow some money off you're mom and go see for yourself.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'm curious for all you FF fans out there, FF has been on a great run the last 2-3 years where does this senior class stand in terms of games won in their career?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Rocky Balboa vs Apollo Creed I

hungry contender vs the champ

awesome matchup

following these two programs for the last several years and they mirror each other.

no disrespect to the boys up there on the banks of Lake erie. you guys sure have earned the right to be respected.

but i sure hope the washington countians find a way to win

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”