Ironton Vs Valley View - Getting There

kantucky
Varsity

Ironton Vs Valley View - Getting There

Post by kantucky »

I'm sure I'm going to take some heat from this...there was a reason I left for so long and probably will again. One's opinion on something might infuriate many, they get angry if you disagree with them...so ut oh...here goes..

Some things to think about....useful information you might want to, consider and keep in mind to make sure you arrive at the game on time and safely.

What in heaven's name is wrong with OHSAA? First of all, right up front...Ironton isn't 'lucky' to be in this game, the team and the coaching staff earned the right, I know they all worked very hard to make this team what it is...many sacrifices by the boys (although I'm sure some will say..Ironton cheated but whatever). Secondly, what a financial burden to many families who struggle already. Tickets are ten bucks a head for an adult, eight for a student. Plus (most or many?) schools are charging to park on their lots. Waverly charged five, luckily, I was able to dig it out of my console, I don't carry cash. I've no complaints with the job that Waverly done, it was a good experience. I appreciated their steep bleachers which easily provided unobstructed views.

Back to what's wrong with OHSAA and getting there on time safely; gas prices are so high today and this is Thanksgiving Week which will cause them to raise even higher for the Holiday. Secondly, in addition to the long distance from Ironton to Princeton, Ironton fans will be forced to take the crowded I-275 beltway during rush hour traffic, on a Friday evening.......and on BLACK FRIDAY! With all that in mind, might want to allow oneself an extra 90 minutes for possible traffic jams getting there?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Ironton Vs Valley View - Getting There

Post by VetteMan »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:01 pm I'm sure I'm going to take some heat from this...there was a reason I left for so long and probably will again. One's opinion on something might infuriate many, they get angry if you disagree with them...so ut oh...here goes..

Some things to think about....useful information you might want to, consider and keep in mind to make sure you arrive at the game on time and safely.

What in heaven's name is wrong with OHSAA? First of all, right up front...Ironton isn't 'lucky' to be in this game, the team and the coaching staff earned the right, I know they all worked very hard to make this team what it is...many sacrifices by the boys (although I'm sure some will say..Ironton cheated but whatever). Secondly, what a financial burden to many families who struggle already. Tickets are ten bucks a head for an adult, eight for a student. Plus (most or many?) schools are charging to park on their lots. Waverly charged five, luckily, I was able to dig it out of my console, I don't carry cash. I've no complaints with the job that Waverly done, it was a good experience. I appreciated their steep bleachers which easily provided unobstructed views.

Back to what's wrong with OHSAA and getting there on time safely; gas prices are so high today and this is Thanksgiving Week which will cause them to raise even higher for the Holiday. Secondly, in addition to the long distance from Ironton to Princeton, Ironton fans will be forced to take the crowded I-275 beltway during rush hour traffic, on a Friday evening.......and on BLACK FRIDAY! With all that in mind, might want to allow oneself an extra 90 minutes for possible traffic jams getting there?
You are certainly right about 1-275. I have been on it numerous times and it is very hectic regardless of what day of the week it is. Friday no doubt will probably be even worse.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:01 pm I'm sure I'm going to take some heat from this...there was a reason I left for so long and probably will again. One's opinion on something might infuriate many, they get angry if you disagree with them...so ut oh...here goes..

OHSAA simply isn't worried about any of your concerns though, it's very aggravating but it's the harsh reality that in SEO in the eyes of OHSAA is just a spot on the map and isn't an area to worry about. Take this game for example outside of going to the state title game which is already set in each year you can't control how far a team travels to get there. Now here we are with the game's leading up to it and they claim to try and centrally locate it to be fair to all which is crap with this location. One team drives 45 minutes while the other is 2 and a half hours away, you mention 275 but depending on how you go if you end up down 32 which is what google maps has, I'll tell you Batavia area is going to be worse than 275, last I heard there was a ton of construction going on, making that area which is always congested that much worse. Games like this is where I'd love to see schools getting chartered busses for the students and families. With that being said I know Ironton kids don't care where they play it's just a burden to all of those who would like to go. After how OHSAA has once again slapped SEO in the face my hope is Ironton goes down there and slaps VV all over that field and I hope the only fans that show up are Ironton fans because I'm guessing they think by putting it there they'll draw more cincy area ppl. Reality is those guys don't care about Ironton or SEO teams and they won't show if this game was played in Chillicothe SEO would pack the house. Good Luck Ironton smack the SH$T out of VV, while giving the OHSAA reps the finger to boot.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:50 am

OHSAA simply isn't worried about any of your concerns though, it's very aggravating but it's the harsh reality that in SEO in the eyes of OHSAA is just a spot on the map and isn't an area to worry about. Take this game for example outside of going to the state title game which is already set in each year you can't control how far a team travels to get there. Now here we are with the game's leading up to it and they claim to try and centrally locate it to be fair to all which is crap with this location. One team drives 45 minutes while the other is 2 and a half hours away, you mention 275 but depending on how you go if you end up down 32 which is what google maps has, I'll tell you Batavia area is going to be worse than 275, last I heard there was a ton of construction going on, making that area which is always congested that much worse. Games like this is where I'd love to see schools getting chartered busses for the students and families. With that being said I know Ironton kids don't care where they play it's just a burden to all of those who would like to go. After how OHSAA has once again slapped SEO in the face my hope is Ironton goes down there and slaps VV all over that field and I hope the only fans that show up are Ironton fans because I'm guessing they think by putting it there they'll draw more cincy area ppl. Reality is those guys don't care about Ironton or SEO teams and they won't show if this game was played in Chillicothe SEO would pack the house. Good Luck Ironton smack the SH$T out of VV, while giving the OHSAA reps the finger to boot.

The thing that surprised me was the fact that they had already selected the sites before the Regional Final games had even been played.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Well, get ready to get blasted on this topic even though you are right.

OH$AA does not give two craps about SEO football. Burg has played Versailles 3 times in Cincinnati and they have played VV once at Princeton. Burg was the higher seed in I think 3 of those games. They know that Burg, like Ironton will bring the fans so they don't look at it as screwing them. They don't factor in cost to get there or time to get there they just know fans will figure it out and they don't care.

I know these schools have to make some money for hosting but Waverly charging $5 to park is a little steep. You have to figure if they charged 1000 cars to park that's $5000 of free money in their pockets. I guarantee they don't make close to that amount for any one game all year so why wouldn't teams want to host.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:10 am

The thing that surprised me was the fact that they had already selected the sites before the Regional Final games had even been played.

Yeah, that was a little surprising. They figured if you don't go to the game you will pay to watch it online that the OH$AA charges for that as well.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I get it. But it amazes me how some people on here claim to know everything about the OHSAA.

"This should be at Chillicothe"

Who says Chillicothe would want the game? Their boys have a game Friday afternoon. It is Thanksgiving weekend. It is Ohio State-Michigan weekend. There is a ton that goes into hosting these games and some schools just don't want to mess with it, yet there are a select few who feel like they know everything. The OHSAA is far from perfect, but the fact of the matter is they do a decent job at getting things done. There are a lot more schools and facilities (hence more options) in the bigger cities. It is just how it is.

PFloyd ranks the whole SE in basketball. There are about 70 schools. That is a lot of schools that don't play football. There are around 700 football playing schools in the state. The SE just doesn't have the quantity of schools or the quality of facilities to host as many of these games that people on here think they should host.

At the end of the day if $5 is too "steep" to park your car, you should probably just pay $10 and watch it on your couch. It is the world today. Things cost more. Call it greed if you want. It is basic economics.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:23 am Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I get it. But it amazes me how some people on here claim to know everything about the OHSAA.

Who says Chillicothe would want the game? Their boys have a game Friday afternoon. It is Thanksgiving weekend. It is Ohio State-Michigan weekend. There is a ton that goes into hosting these games and some schools just don't want to mess with it, yet there are a select few who feel like they know everything. The OHSAA is far from perfect, but the fact of the matter is they do a decent job at getting things done. There are a lot more schools and facilities (hence more options) in the bigger cities. It is just how it is.

PFloyd ranks the whole SE in basketball. There are about 70 schools. That is a lot of schools that don't play football. There are around 700 football playing schools in the state. The SE just doesn't have the quantity of schools or the quality of facilities to host as many of these games that people on here think they should host.

At the end of the day if $5 is too "steep" to park your car, you should probably just pay $10 and watch it on your couch. It is the world today. Things cost more. Call it greed if you want. It is basic economics.
Biggest thing that makes your argument for Chillicothe pointless is the fact the location was decided prior to the game. Also, Chillicothe has hosted left and right over the years including games around thanksgiving, so yeah that's not going to hold water either. They earn money for themselves and a little added income for the surrounding restaurants in the area. Correct me if I'm wrong Chillicothe also hosted Burg and Madison for the state semifinal game, why wasn't that played in Cincy? Glad you're trying to add a different perspective, but your argument just doesn't hold water.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

We would play this game in any part of the state, including Valley View’s home field. Who cares?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:04 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:23 am Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I get it. But it amazes me how some people on here claim to know everything about the OHSAA.

Biggest thing that makes your argument for Chillicothe pointless is the fact the location was decided prior to the game. Also, Chillicothe has hosted left and right over the years including games around thanksgiving, so yeah that's not going to hold water either. They earn money for themselves and a little added income for the surrounding restaurants in the area. Correct me if I'm wrong Chillicothe also hosted Burg and Madison for the state semifinal game, why wasn't that played in Cincy? Glad you're trying to add a different perspective, but your argument just doesn't hold water.
Burg and Madison was in 2017. Is the same administration in place at Chillicothe? They changed AD's in 2021. Things change year to year. So unless you have direct knowledge that Chillicothe put in to host and was denied, then you can't say my argument doesn't hold water.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:12 am We would play this game in any part of the state, including Valley View’s home field. Who cares?
Ditto, Bob. Just be thankful we're still playing.

275 is crazy on any given rush hour, extra crazy on a Thanksgiving Friday. Leave early, there are plenty of places to eat and hangout until game time.

There is a Dave and Buster's at Springdale. You can see it from 275. Drive safe Tiger fans.

Go Tigers!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The site possibilities included…

Crew Stadium
London
Piqua
Princeton

That tells you all you need to know about dearth of site availability this time of year.

If Chillicothe was a possibility, it still could have been more prudent to go with Princeton.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:32 am

Burg and Madison was in 2017. Is the same administration in place at Chillicothe? They changed AD's in 2021. Things change year to year. So unless you have direct knowledge that Chillicothe put in to host and was denied, then you can't say my argument doesn't hold water.
Yes Chillicothe put in to host, sites were announced before hand so OHSAA went with the bigger area.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:30 am The site possibilities included…

Crew Stadium
London
Piqua
Princeton

That tells you all you need to know about dearth of site availability this time of year.

If Chillicothe was a possibility, it still could have been more prudent to go with Princeton.
Yep that’s just how it works but it’s been that way and will never change.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

2 hrs isnt a long drive. 10 bucks isnt expensive. Cincinnati traffic isnt bad. ( try DC and Houston) and.....If they cant hang stay in the holler they crawled out of and listen on iheart radio if ya hilljack address has a good wifi connection.

Adapt. Seops has a monopoly on whiny ass small towners. Whine about everything.

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Move it to Jackson

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:51 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:32 am

Yes Chillicothe put in to host, sites were announced before hand so OHSAA went with the bigger area.
Well if you have that direct knowledge, maybe ask the folks at Chillicothe what reason they were given that sites were announced ahead of time.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Because closer to you is too rural. Not enough choices for dining, hotels, shopping. Uber sucks in seo. Public transit sucks. Etc etc etc. Thats the breaks of small town usa. Places where everything closes by 9pm are not going to host the final four. Ideally you want host locations to have a wide variety of lodging, shopping, dining. Good access to public transit. Local airport. Etc. Walmart, taco bell, and holiday inn aint enough. Lol

Always gonna be more tourism friendly areas.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I 275 traffic will be bad. I have driven in Washington DC and New York City but not Houston. There’s no way anyone is going to drive to this stadium in 2 hours, under ideal conditions, it’s a 2:45 minute drive. Rush hour Black Friday traffic will not be ideal, Best give yourself at least 4 hours to get there, much longer if you’ll eat on the way.

The best place to play this game would’ve been Portsmouth. They have a wonderful stadium with plenty of seating. Portsmith would be about 30 some miles closer for them than it would be for us

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

kantucky wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:58 pm I 275 traffic will be bad. I have driven in Washington DC and New York City but not Houston. There’s no way anyone is going to drive to this stadium in 2 hours, under ideal conditions, it’s a 2:45 minute drive. Rush hour Black Friday traffic will not be ideal, Best give yourself at least 4 hours to get there, much longer if you’ll eat on the way.

The best place to play this game would’ve been Portsmouth. They have a wonderful stadium with plenty of seating. Portsmith would be about 30 some miles closer for them than it would be for us

Huh???

Return to “Football”