Ironton Vs Valley View - Getting There

kantucky
Varsity

Re: Ironton Vs Valley View - Getting There

Post by kantucky »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:04 pm
kantucky wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:58 pm I 275 traffic will be bad. I have driven in Washington DC and New York City but not Houston. There’s no way anyone is going to drive to this stadium in 2 hours, under ideal conditions, it’s a 2:45 minute drive. Rush hour Black Friday traffic will not be ideal, Best give yourself at least 4 hours to get there, much longer if you’ll eat on the way.

The best place to play this game would’ve been Portsmouth. They have a wonderful stadium with plenty of seating. Portsmith would be about 30 some miles closer for them than it would be for us

Huh???
Why wouldn’t it be? It’s much larger than the stadium the game is now scheduled at as far as seating. About 800 more. They’ve done a great job of hosting for yeaes

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Ironton isn’t the only SEO school getting screwed by the drive to the state semifinals. Fort Frye has to go to Canfield to play Kirtland. This game should be held at Woody Hayes stadium in New Philadelphia.

To Canfield:
Kirtland 73 miles
Fort Frye 148 miles

To New Philadelphia:
Kirtland 90 miles
Fort Frye 84 miles

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

kantucky wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:10 pm
kantucky wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:58 pm I 275 traffic will be bad. I have driven in Washington DC and New York City but not Houston. There’s no way anyone is going to drive to this stadium in 2 hours, under ideal conditions, it’s a 2:45 minute drive. Rush hour Black Friday traffic will not be ideal, Best give yourself at least 4 hours to get there, much longer if you’ll eat on the way.

The best place to play this game would’ve been Portsmouth. They have a wonderful stadium with plenty of seating. Portsmith would be about 30 some miles closer for them than it would be for us

Huh???
Why wouldn’t it be? It’s much larger than the stadium the game is now scheduled at as far as seating. About 800 more. They’ve done a great job of hosting for yeaes
4 hours to get to North of Cincinnati from Ironton?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:38 pm
kantucky wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:10 pm

Huh???
4 hours to get to North of Cincinnati from Ironton?
How Sway? 😂

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

According to Google Maps, it is a 2:40 minute drive under perfect conditions to drive from IHS to the stadium. This is Black Friday at Rush Hour. One could easily imagine being caught in traffic a bit. You also have to walk into the stadium and take your seat.

I’m saying I would allow no less than 4 hours to get there. Go ahead, leave at five, see how that works out for you

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Openly and publicly boycott the games.

Of course, you could go early and do a little black Friday shopping, get a room for the night, and make a decent weekend out of the deal.

OR, you can invite a few friends over, pay the 10 bucks, and enjoy the game in the comfort of your home. Don't drink and drive!!!

You could get with BWs in Ironton to see if they'll play the game. Invite the town. Eat wings and drink cold beer on tap. Don't drink and drive!!

I'd take option 3 or 4 to avoid large crowds, cold temps and apparently hrs spent in traffic.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:50 am
kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:01 pm I'm sure I'm going to take some heat from this...there was a reason I left for so long and probably will again. One's opinion on something might infuriate many, they get angry if you disagree with them...so ut oh...here goes..

Some things to think about....useful information you might want to, consider and keep in mind to make sure you arrive at the game on time and safely.

What in heaven's name is wrong with OHSAA? First of all, right up front...Ironton isn't 'lucky' to be in this game, the team and the coaching staff earned the right, I know they all worked very hard to make this team what it is...many sacrifices by the boys (although I'm sure some will say..Ironton cheated but whatever). Secondly, what a financial burden to many families who struggle already. Tickets are ten bucks a head for an adult, eight for a student. Plus (most or many?) schools are charging to park on their lots. Waverly charged five, luckily, I was able to dig it out of my console, I don't carry cash. I've no complaints with the job that Waverly done, it was a good experience. I appreciated their steep bleachers which easily provided unobstructed views.

Back to what's wrong with OHSAA and getting there on time safely; gas prices are so high today and this is Thanksgiving Week which will cause them to raise even higher for the Holiday. Secondly, in addition to the long distance from Ironton to Princeton, Ironton fans will be forced to take the crowded I-275 beltway during rush hour traffic, on a Friday evening.......and on BLACK FRIDAY! With all that in mind, might want to allow oneself an extra 90 minutes for possible traffic jams getting there?
OHSAA simply isn't worried about any of your concerns though, it's very aggravating but it's the harsh reality that in SEO in the eyes of OHSAA is just a spot on the map and isn't an area to worry about. Take this game for example outside of going to the state title game which is already set in each year you can't control how far a team travels to get there. Now here we are with the game's leading up to it and they claim to try and centrally locate it to be fair to all which is crap with this location. One team drives 45 minutes while the other is 2 and a half hours away, you mention 275 but depending on how you go if you end up down 32 which is what google maps has, I'll tell you Batavia area is going to be worse than 275, last I heard there was a ton of construction going on, making that area which is always congested that much worse. Games like this is where I'd love to see schools getting chartered busses for the students and families. With that being said I know Ironton kids don't care where they play it's just a burden to all of those who would like to go. After how OHSAA has once again slapped SEO in the face my hope is Ironton goes down there and slaps VV all over that field and I hope the only fans that show up are Ironton fans because I'm guessing they think by putting it there they'll draw more cincy area ppl. Reality is those guys don't care about Ironton or SEO teams and they won't show if this game was played in Chillicothe SEO would pack the house. Good Luck Ironton smack the SH$T out of VV, while giving the OHSAA reps the finger to boot.
Because closer to you is too rural. Not enough choices for dining, hotels, shopping. Uber sucks in seo. Public transit sucks. Etc etc etc. Thats the breaks of small town usa. Places where everything closes by 9pm are not going to host the final four. Ideally you want host locations to have a wide variety of lodging, shopping, dining. Good access to public transit. Local airport. Etc. Walmart, taco bell, and holiday inn aint enough. Lol

Always gonna be more tourism friendly areas.
That has absolutely nothing to do with these games leading up to the state championship. Local Airport :lol: . Dang how do teams like Portsmouth, Nelsonville York, Waverly, Jackson, Zane Trace ever get to host a game based on this type of criteria, that's funny. How in the world did Chillicothe get to host a state semifinal game?? How did Jackson get to host a state semifinal game?? Wheelersburg vs Johnstown by your criteria shouldn't it have been played in Columbus?? See there's no reason it's a ever flowing chart and the SEO is what it is but the kicker in all of it is now with streaming there's absolutely zero reason not to put it central. They're simply doing it to try and help out VV making things easier for their fans to get there and the casual fan who would like to check out the game for VV. Or and here's a thought with everything going on in Ironton and OHSAA complaints that have supposedly been filed is this OHSAA way of saying heck with you Ironton we'll make it as uncomfortable as possible.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:28 am

OHSAA simply isn't worried about any of your concerns though, it's very aggravating but it's the harsh reality that in SEO in the eyes of OHSAA is just a spot on the map and isn't an area to worry about. Take this game for example outside of going to the state title game which is already set in each year you can't control how far a team travels to get there. Now here we are with the game's leading up to it and they claim to try and centrally locate it to be fair to all which is crap with this location. One team drives 45 minutes while the other is 2 and a half hours away, you mention 275 but depending on how you go if you end up down 32 which is what google maps has, I'll tell you Batavia area is going to be worse than 275, last I heard there was a ton of construction going on, making that area which is always congested that much worse. Games like this is where I'd love to see schools getting chartered busses for the students and families. With that being said I know Ironton kids don't care where they play it's just a burden to all of those who would like to go. After how OHSAA has once again slapped SEO in the face my hope is Ironton goes down there and slaps VV all over that field and I hope the only fans that show up are Ironton fans because I'm guessing they think by putting it there they'll draw more cincy area ppl. Reality is those guys don't care about Ironton or SEO teams and they won't show if this game was played in Chillicothe SEO would pack the house. Good Luck Ironton smack the SH$T out of VV, while giving the OHSAA reps the finger to boot.
Because closer to you is too rural. Not enough choices for dining, hotels, shopping. Uber sucks in seo. Public transit sucks. Etc etc etc. Thats the breaks of small town usa. Places where everything closes by 9pm are not going to host the final four. Ideally you want host locations to have a wide variety of lodging, shopping, dining. Good access to public transit. Local airport. Etc. Walmart, taco bell, and holiday inn aint enough. Lol

That has absolutely nothing to do with these games leading up to the state championship. Local Airport :lol: . Dang how do teams like Portsmouth, Nelsonville York, Waverly, Jackson, Zane Trace ever get to host a game based on this type of criteria, that's funny. How in the world did Chillicothe get to host a state semifinal game?? How did Jackson get to host a state semifinal game?? Wheelersburg vs Johnstown by your criteria shouldn't it have been played in Columbus?? See there's no reason it's a ever flowing chart and the SEO is what it is but the kicker in all of it is now with streaming there's absolutely zero reason not to put it central. They're simply doing it to try and help out VV making things easier for their fans to get there and the casual fan who would like to check out the game for VV. Or and here's a thought with everything going on in Ironton and OHSAA complaints that have supposedly been filed is this OHSAA way of saying heck with you Ironton we'll make it as uncomfortable as possible.
Its cause seo is MAYBERRY. Any region where everything closes & the sidewalks get rolled up by 9pm isnt hosting the final four. Walmart & taco bell aint gonna tip the scale for ya. 😂

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

i’m not convinced that the location of where Pendleton and gang need to travel to matters to NE1 inside their locker room.

they haven’t gotten here with the mentality of being worried where they gotta go win a football game and whom it’s up against.

ironton has gotten here with the attitude of “we will play anybody anywhere anytime preferably in gravel parkin lot”

some of the Itown faithful steer away from that mind set crying and whining about the distance to the game. you are in the state semi finals ….who cares where it is ???

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
FightingTiger99
JV Team

countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:33 am i’m not convinced that the location of where Pendleton and gang need to travel to matters to NE1 inside their locker room.

they haven’t gotten here with the mentality of being worried where they gotta go win a football game and whom it’s up against.

ironton has gotten here with the attitude of “we will play anybody anywhere anytime preferably in gravel parkin lot”

some of the Itown faithful steer away from that mind set crying and whining about the distance to the game. you are in the state semi finals ….who cares where it is ???
100% fact. The whining comes 100% from old washed up seo posters on seops. 😂

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:43 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:33 am i’m not convinced that the location of where Pendleton and gang need to travel to matters to NE1 inside their locker room.

If you don’t like it don’t read it then hard ass. You sound like a moron complaining numerous times about “washed up SEOP poster”.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I don’t know why they become obsessed with other people’s post. If they’re happy, then let them read other threads. I don’t know that Cincinnati is a town that never sleeps either. I did a quick cursory look at restaurants in that area. Most close at 9 pm.

Point being, my thread, in addition to pointing out the long drive also stresses that one should allow a couple of extra hours to get there. That it also could be hairy at that time. Rush hour driving on Black Friday. Just be careful

And finally?! https://youtu.be/mIsnIt1p978

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I’m going to the game do I wish it was in Chillicothe heck yes.
But it’s not so cincy it is.
The OHSAA don’t put then where everyone is treated fair sadly it’s always been that way sadly.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:45 am
FightingTiger99 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:43 am

If you don’t like it don’t read it then hard ass. You sound like a moron complaining numerous times about “washed up SEOP poster”.
How else would anyone reading it categorize it? Posters that have been here forever whine about the same ol bs year after year based on mostly outdated sentiments that dont even exist in real life except in their heads.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:53 am

Its cause seo is MAYBERRY. Any region where everything closes & the sidewalks get rolled up by 9pm isnt hosting the final four. Walmart & taco bell aint gonna tip the scale for ya. 😂
They've already played them in rural areas, another poster whose argument holds no water. :lol: :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:24 pm I’m going to the game do I wish it was in Chillicothe heck yes.
The OHSAA don’t put then where everyone is treated fair sadly it’s always been that way sadly.
Oh yeah that's the way it always works, doesn't matter where the game is at the teams aren't worried about it. It's more of a convenance for those who would just like to catch the game but not drive 2.5 hrs away to see it.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:36 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:53 am

They've already played them in rural areas, another poster whose argument holds no water. :lol: :lol:
When was the last final four in a rural area?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

None of the rural locations will ever host a final four.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:01 pm I'm sure I'm going to take some heat from this...there was a reason I left for so long and probably will again. One's opinion on something might infuriate many, they get angry if you disagree with them...so ut oh...here goes..

Some things to think about....useful information you might want to, consider and keep in mind to make sure you arrive at the game on time and safely.

What in heaven's name is wrong with OHSAA? First of all, right up front...Ironton isn't 'lucky' to be in this game, the team and the coaching staff earned the right, I know they all worked very hard to make this team what it is...many sacrifices by the boys (although I'm sure some will say..Ironton cheated but whatever). Secondly, what a financial burden to many families who struggle already. Tickets are ten bucks a head for an adult, eight for a student. Plus (most or many?) schools are charging to park on their lots. Waverly charged five, luckily, I was able to dig it out of my console, I don't carry cash. I've no complaints with the job that Waverly done, it was a good experience. I appreciated their steep bleachers which easily provided unobstructed views.

Back to what's wrong with OHSAA and getting there on time safely; gas prices are so high today and this is Thanksgiving Week which will cause them to raise even higher for the Holiday. Secondly, in addition to the long distance from Ironton to Princeton, Ironton fans will be forced to take the crowded I-275 beltway during rush hour traffic, on a Friday evening.......and on BLACK FRIDAY! With all that in mind, might want to allow oneself an extra 90 minutes for possible traffic jams getting there?
Nothing can touch the SEO fans. Been to many football games and it has always seemed SEO has the most fan show up.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:39 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:24 pm I’m going to the game do I wish it was in Chillicothe heck yes.
Oh yeah that's the way it always works, doesn't matter where the game is at the teams aren't worried about it. It's more of a convenance for those who would just like to catch the game but not drive 2.5 hrs away to see it.
In all reality it should be fair to both teams but this site was picked out before the Ironton HP game which it should not have been.
You would think OHSAA would have several sites picked out for different scenarios for a variety of teams

Return to “Football”