Oh...Oh...Kirtland-Marion Local...Are They Headed To Another State Championship Battle?

radiodavel
JV Team

Oh...Oh...Kirtland-Marion Local...Are They Headed To Another State Championship Battle?

Post by radiodavel »

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2022 ... hip-battle

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Oh...Oh...Kirtland-Marion Local...Are They Headed To Another State Championship Battle?

Post by greygoose »

More than likely but ML will handle them, Kirtland might be able to keep it close, but we'll see. ML has given up 33 points all year long with 16 of that coming against New Bremen who's playing in the state semifinals game and pitched 10 shut outs on the season.

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Oh...Oh...Kirtland-Marion Local...Are They Headed To Another State Championship Battle?

Post by Kirtland80 »

We gotta get past FF first. Trust me, we aren’t looking ahead

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

We have only given up 69 and pitched 6 shutouts, all to bigger schools

6O HORN3TS 🐝
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:47 pm We have only given up 69 and pitched 6 shutouts, all to bigger schools
So you’ve given up more than double the amount and ML is in the MAC which has given kirtland all kinds of problems.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:54 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:47 pm We have only given up 69 and pitched 6 shutouts, all to bigger schools
So you’ve given up more than double the amount and ML is in the MAC which has given kirtland all kinds of problems.
ML will no doubt be the favorite but we are 2-1 against ML in championship games. I like our chances against anyone

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Our regular season was against 1 d2, 4 d3, 2 d4 and 3 d5 yet here we are unscathed. Compare that to ML and the resume is just as good if not better

6O HORN3TS 🐝
TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

I have much respect for Kirtland but the Flyers win this one 20-10

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:01 pm
ML will no doubt be the favorite but we are 2-1 against ML in championship games. I like our chances against anyone
I love your confidence. :mrgreen:

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:39 pm We gotta get past FF first. Trust me, we aren’t looking ahead
Yes any team would be crazy to look ahead at this point in the season. You have to believe anyone could beat anyone at this point.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MACMan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:20 pm

I’m not overconfident. ML will be tough but we aren’t slouches either

6O HORN3TS 🐝
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

2022 marks the 29th straight season that a team from the MAC has played in a state semifinal.

In 25 of these seasons the MAC has had 2 state semifinalists.

In 10 of these seasons, the MAC has had 3 state semifinalists.

Kirtland has made 12 straight semifinal appearances, Marion has made 19. Impressive on both counts.

Each needs to take care of business this weekend before they can think about next weekend.

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:29 pm
MACMan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:20 pm

I’m not overconfident. ML will be tough but we aren’t slouches either
No offense intended. There are no slouches still playing.

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:09 am More than likely but ML will handle them, Kirtland might be able to keep it close, but we'll see. ML has given up 33 points all year long with 16 of that coming against New Bremen who's playing in the state semifinals game and pitched 10 shut outs on the season.
New Bremen has a tough one this week facing a team, LCC, that twice beat a team, St. John’s, that New Bremen lost to.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MACMan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:09 am More than likely but ML will handle them, Kirtland might be able to keep it close, but we'll see. ML has given up 33 points all year long with 16 of that coming against New Bremen who's playing in the state semifinals game and pitched 10 shut outs on the season.
New Bremen has a tough one this week facing a team, LCC, that twice beat a team, St. John’s, that New Bremen lost to.
I hope new Bremen wins. I’ll be pulling for them

6O HORN3TS 🐝
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MACMan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:10 pm
Wasn't really worried about that part it's more of the fact they gave up half of their points to a state semifinals team in New Bremen. Yeah I'm doubting New Bremen gets past LCC this week that's just a tough matchup. McComb lost to LCC by just 4 and ML steam rolled them at the beginning of the season.
Last edited by greygoose on Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Of course, and you should I just think ML is always tough, but this year is a bit different they've kicked things up another notch this season. Kind of reminding me of the ML teams that had what 3 shutouts straight in the state championship game in a row. Just what they did against the MAC this year and what most consider the best conference from top to bottom. Last 8 games for ML, 7 shutouts and 3 points given up that is just straight up crazy good. One thing is for sure as long as Kirtland and ML get past this week the DVI title game is going to be hard hitting and just a knock down drag out ball game.

Return to “Football”