Playoffs Expensive? Why not OHSAA pay some of the bill?

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Playoffs Expensive? Why not OHSAA pay some of the bill?

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Irontons doing a lot of fund raising if anyone can help

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Playoffs Expensive? Why not OHSAA pay some of the bill?

Post by Ironman92 »

Hard to imagine OHSAA cares much.

What is the fundraising for exactly?

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Fuel and groceries. Send students to the game I think

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

They do a good job fund raising and helping students

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

With what money is OHSAA supposed to use in the cause?

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

The OHSAA could actually give two craps about these kids. But nothing will change until the districts in the state start demanding things of them. I mean they make all of this money and then the schools have to pay the officials, the officials have to purchase their own stuff, what do they really do with all of this money. I would like to know

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:50 pm With what money is OHSAA supposed to use in the cause?
Good question. Should be able to pinpoint exactly what money and why etc etc.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Ohssa is televising it for Free fyi
Attachments
Screenshot_20221128_211038.jpg

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Interesting, why would Ironton need to fund raise, it was stated on here they were giving out 10K to the teams that participated in the 3 games they hosted in week 3 or 4 whatever it was. It’s no different for all the other teams in it, it’s the reason you want good league games to bring in as much money as possible.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

I think the OVC should help fund the trip. The Tigers are representing the OVC.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

REDMEN95 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:35 pm I think the OVC should help fund the trip. The Tigers are representing the OVC.
:lol: :lol: OH my you almost made me fall out of my chair on this one.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

go court house wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:56 pm The OHSAA could actually give two craps about these kids. But nothing will change until the districts in the state start demanding things of them. I mean they make all of this money and then the schools have to pay the officials, the officials have to purchase their own stuff, what do they really do with all of this money. I would like to know
That information is available to the public.

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... 2022BM.pdf?

https://www.ohsaa.org/AboutOHSAA/OHSAAFinancials

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:48 pm Interesting, why would Ironton need to fund raise, it was stated on here they were giving out 10K to the teams that participated in the 3 games they hosted in week 3 or 4 whatever it was. It’s no different for all the other teams in it, it’s the reason you want good league games to bring in as much money as possible.
They are fund raising to help with the cost of feeding housing and helping the band and cheerleaders make it to the games.
10,000 dollars don't go that far for over 100 student athletes coaches and band members.
The community has really responded well to supporting these fine young asults.
Go Tigers

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:40 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:48 pm Interesting, why would Ironton need to fund raise, it was stated on here they were giving out 10K to the teams that participated in the 3 games they hosted in week 3 or 4 whatever it was. It’s no different for all the other teams in it, it’s the reason you want good league games to bring in as much money as possible.
They are fund raising to help with the cost of feeding housing and helping the band and cheerleaders make it to the games.
10,000 dollars don't go that far for over 100 student athletes coaches and band members.
Go Tigers
No, I'm saying for a team that supposedly shelled out 10K for each team, 30K total for those schools to come play why are they needing money? If they can shell that out to each team, they must be doing well.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:22 pm
Go Tigers
No, I'm saying for a team that supposedly shelled out 10K for each team, 30K total for those schools to come play why are they needing money? If they can shell that out to each team, they must be doing well.
They made enough money off those teams to pay for the benefit of having them come and play.
Teams don't get to make money on away games in the playoffs they never made no money playing in Waverly or Cincinatti sp what does it matter if they raise money for the chance to eat well travel well and sleep well the night before ?
If your not helping then you have no say in it right?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:09 pm

Go Tigers
They made enough money off those teams to pay for the benefit of having them come and play.
Teams don't get to make money on away games in the playoffs they never made no money playing in Waverly or Cincinatti sp what does it matter if they raise money for the chance to eat well travel well and sleep well the night before ?
Sure, we all do, that happened when it got posted on a public forum. Just trying to figure it out, especially when I don’t believe they hunted up money the other 2 times. Hopefully they’re reaching out to the local businesses in Ironton, Ashland and Huntington they’ve got the pull to do it.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:08 am
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:09 pm

Sure, we all do, that happened when it got posted on a public forum. Just trying to figure it out, especially when I don’t believe they hunted up money the other 2 times. Hopefully they’re reaching out to the local businesses in Ironton, Ashland and Huntington they’ve got the pull to do it.
They have had fund raisers all year from selling discount cards to the Tiger clan doing drawling's they have a Tiger clan meeting every Thursday night at the Armory and meet and discus other times about what is needed to be done to help the team and other sports and such.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

The OHSAA does actually help cover the cost for those that reach the Regional and State Tournaments.

Return to “Football”