Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

Post by greygoose »

South Range is no joke and they seem to have been on a mission this year to break through and get that title. Ironton will be the underdog but at this point it doesn't matter, they have to play a cleaner game than they did tonight. They won't win against SR if they spot them a 14 point lead. I'll be rooting for Ironton in this one but I think SR takes this one

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

I’m calling it now Ironton** STATES CHAMPS **

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Ironton looks like the better team to me. South Range QB looks better than any QB Ironton has seen by far, but their offensive line looks undersized and not as physical as Ironton. I think the Tigers will put a lot of pressure on the QB. I think playing Valley View was a good game to prepare Ironton for South Range. Ironton wins by 14.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Should be a great game. Rooting for Ironton but it’ll be tough. 10:30 am kickoff means I’ll have to watch at work on the computer that stinks, but at least it’ll be free.

Who Dey!
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:45 am Ironton looks like the better team to me. South Range QB looks better than any QB Ironton has seen by far, but their offensive line looks undersized and not as physical as Ironton. I think the Tigers will put a lot of pressure on the QB. I think playing Valley View was a good game to prepare Ironton for South Range. Ironton wins by 14.
Agree about VV being a good game before South Range. That said, don’t be deceived by South Range’s size and correlate that to lack of physicality. There are many teams that don’t look very big but are extremely physical; Kirtland being the prime example.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

If Ironton plays a clean game they can win. If they revert back to penalties and turnovers it will be ugly.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton's resolve was tested last night by the officiating and they looked troubled in the first half last night by it but in the second quarter they did a 360 and came out swinging.
Valley View had no answers for the ironton offense or defense they didn't put their Self's in a position where officiating determined the out come.
That right there makes them a dangerous team to face.
South Range can play and will be a test no doubt but I believe this is Ironton's year to bring it all home.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironton too physical for VV. Players going down with cramps in November are not in shape. We beat them down and had to beat the ref's too. Good
job Tigers! They never gave up. South Range will have to earn it to beat the Tigers.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Ironton is making its 12th state championship game appearance, and 3rd in 4 years. Just like South Range, the Fighting Tigers are trying to get to the finish line after 2 years of losing to Kirtland. What is different about this Ironton team is their ability to make big plays via the pass. The previous 2 teams in 2019 and 2020 relied very much on Reid Carrico and the ground game, but the 2022 version of IHS features a high caliber air attack. The ground game is still potent, but they are much less one dimensional.

Not too many schools in Ohio have made 12 trips to the state title game; what Trevon Pendleton has done in such a short time has been a remarkable build from a program who some were mocking as one that lived in the past to the one today that has the envy of many in the SE district.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

trojandave wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:00 am Ironton is making its 12th state championship game appearance, and 3rd in 4 years. Just like South Range, the Fighting Tigers are trying to get to the finish line after 2 years of losing to Kirtland. What is different about this Ironton team is their ability to make big plays via the pass. The previous 2 teams in 2019 and 2020 relied very much on Reid Carrico and the ground game, but the 2022 version of IHS features a high caliber air attack. The ground game is still potent, but they are much less one dimensional.

Not too many schools in Ohio have made 12 trips to the state title game; what Trevon Pendleton has done in such a short time has been a remarkable build from a program who some were mocking as one that lived in the past to the one today that has the envy of many in the SE district.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure its our 11th State Championship game appearance. This being; '73, 79, 82, 88, 89, 92, 93, 99, 2019, 2020 and now 2022. HOW IMPRESSIVE! Its with great difficulty a team reaches this game. Many schools have never played in a regional final, let alone played in a divisional game.
Last edited by kantucky on Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

I heard that after watching the film of Ironton last night, South Range was so impressed with that back judge that they have requested him for next week.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Pendleton is 56-10 at Ironton with:

4 OVC Championships
A 29-2 Conference record (not including the playoffs)
A 3-2 record vs Burg
3 Regional Championships
A 17-4 playoff record

11 Shutouts
And 37 times they’ve held someone to less than 10 points.
That’s impressive by any stretch of the imagination.

I’d love nothing more than to see a local team win a State Championship.

South Range is really good. Can Ironton beat them? Absolutely. The adjustments that were made at halftime shows that the staff knows what they’re doing and they have the players to execute.

Something that I thought Ironton finally brought out was Keyes and his running ability. Perkins is really good but we all knew that.

If Ironton can win the Turnover battle, control the LOS, and watch the Play-Action, I like their chances. The other big part is that Ironton is going to have an unsung hero in this game that makes a big play. Ironton is also playing for their 11th State Championship.

Only Newark Catholic ranks above Ironton with playoff appearances.
Newark Catholic has 39 while Ironton and Moeller are tied with 38 appearances.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

inOVCsider wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:01 pm I heard that after watching the film of Ironton last night, South Range was so impressed with that back judge that they have requested him for next week.
Lol, he'd be their best tool if they can get him. Must be exasperating to have been him, put out your best effort and still see Ironton come back in such a convincing show of; character, fortitude, determination and talent. He probably thought he had the game all wrapped up when they had the Tigers down 21-7

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:21 pm
inOVCsider wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:01 pm I heard that after watching the film of Ironton last night, South Range was so impressed with that back judge that they have requested him for next week.
I heard Steubenville offered that crew 10k and a charter bus to do their game :lol:
Let the bidding war begin!!

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Pendleton is 56-10 at Ironton with:

4 OVC Championships
A 3-2 record vs Burg
3 Regional Championships
A 17-4 playoff record

11 Shutouts

South Range is really good. Can Ironton beat them? Absolutely. The adjustments that were made at halftime shows that the staff knows what they’re doing and they have the players to execute.

Something that I thought Ironton finally brought out was Keyes and his running ability. Perkins is really good but we all knew that.

If Ironton can win the Turnover battle, control the LOS, and watch the Play-Action, I like their chances. The other big part is that Ironton is going to have an unsung hero in this game that makes a big play. Ironton is also playing for their 11th State Championship.

To bad it will always be followed by **

Notafootballparent
Waterboy

Post by Notafootballparent »

Bad Snap wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:45 pm Pendleton is 56-10 at Ironton with:

4 OVC Championships
A 3-2 record vs Burg
3 Regional Championships
A 17-4 playoff record

11 Shutouts

Meaning what?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hope Ironton doesn't start out like last night. Range just might be too good to come back on.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Bad Snap wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:45 pm Pendleton is 56-10 at Ironton with:

4 OVC Championships
A 3-2 record vs Burg
3 Regional Championships
A 17-4 playoff record

11 Shutouts

Only people on here will say that. It’s 2022 and with open enrollment and promoting on social media ironton is turning into a really good program. Those kids lift weights every day and practice on their own without coaches. They bought into the program. Our schools need to step up with off season workouts etc. Pendleton just turned 30 and just played d1 ball. He’s probably took some of what Michigan state has done and brought it with him. I’m not a fan of ironton but making a winning program will bring kids. No coach would turn those kids down.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:21 pm
I heard Steubenville offered that crew 10k and a charter bus to do their game :lol:
:lol: :D :lol: Thanks for the laugh Raider, that's the best line I've read on here in a long time. Best of luck to Tigers, you've got this!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:45 am Ironton looks like the better team to me. South Range QB looks better than any QB Ironton has seen by far, but their offensive line looks undersized and not as physical as Ironton. I think the Tigers will put a lot of pressure on the QB. I think playing Valley View was a good game to prepare Ironton for South Range. Ironton wins by 14.
South Range QB is a stud, but Jackson’s Jacob Winters is the best QB they’ll see all season. South Range has more weapons than Jackson and a more versatile offensive scheme. If the Fighting Tigers bring their A game, the same A game they had against Harvest Prep, I like their chances. If they get down 21-7 against this South Range team, start the buses.

Return to “Football”