Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

Post by Burgball#1 »

Just wanted to say being a Burg Fan, congratulations to Ironton for making it to the title game. I have and always will cheer for the southern Ohio teams no matter who they are or what sport it is.

With that being said I'm extremely disappointed on the many people on here with their negative comments. This should be a positive forum and congratulating Ironton for making it the championship game.

Burg fans quit complaining about transfers, kids are going to want to go and play for winning programs and that's okay. How many girls come to play softball for us because they want to play for a winning program and a great coach. So it goes both ways.

Just be thankful that we have a team from our area that was playing for a state championship, quit arguing with each other. That's the problem with this whole country right now. Support each other.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:45 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:42 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:33 pm

From my vantage point Ironton is the only program actively trying to add success to their overall body of work in seo. Been half a decade since burg did anything and they have only been able to make it outta their region 4 times in the last 24 years and presently have Preps name and My daddy tatted on their ass. Lol 🤷‍♂️

Wait! What school owns the last state title around here in football?? Oh yeah, Burg. Hell, what school owns the last state title around here in any sport. Yep!! You got it!! Burg again last year in softball!!!

Can’t wait to see what schools Pendleton shows up at during basketball season. Time to rebuild. Where most schools always say we don’t rebuild we just reload. Well at good old Ironton High it’s quite the opposite.

Sad that Felder will probably lose out on a championship by leaving Huntington and it’s sad those two boys from Ashland lost out on half a season because of, what was it, “screwed up paperwork!!”
I hear a cpl burg returners are entering the portal since ya mentioned it. But that should come as no shock. To start the season one of ya key kids wanted to be a Tiger also but ended up staying. Word was he wanted to see what making it outta the region felt like. Idk. 🤷‍♂️

We will reload and beat burg again. Per as usual lol
And the results will be the same. Tons of DI recruits and still no state title. Per as usual, as you say.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burgball#1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:21 pm Just wanted to say being a Burg Fan, congratulations to Ironton for making it to the title game. I have and always will cheer for the southern Ohio teams no matter who they are or what sport it is.

With that being said I'm extremely disappointed on the many people on here with their negative comments. This should be a positive forum and congratulating Ironton for making it the championship game.

Burg fans quit complaining about transfers, kids are going to want to go and play for winning programs and that's okay. How many girls come to play softball for us because they want to play for a winning program and a great coach. So it goes both ways.

Just be thankful that we have a team from our area that was playing for a state championship, quit arguing with each other. That's the problem with this whole country right now. Support each other.

You realize there is a blatant difference in transfers and recruiting kids to your school.

He was seen at a Valley HS basketball game 2 years ago recruiting the Perkins kid to Ironton. It worked.

He called up the Arthur kid from Burg this year two days before the Ironton-Burg game.

Screw him and the white horse he rode in on. He ran his mouth all year and now can’t back it up.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:32 pm

Wait! What school owns the last state title around here in football?? Oh yeah, Burg. Hell, what school owns the last state title around here in any sport. Yep!! You got it!! Burg again last year in softball!!!

Can’t wait to see what schools Pendleton shows up at during basketball season. Time to rebuild. Where most schools always say we don’t rebuild we just reload. Well at good old Ironton High it’s quite the opposite.

Sad that Felder will probably lose out on a championship by leaving Huntington and it’s sad those two boys from Ashland lost out on half a season because of, what was it, “screwed up paperwork!!”
I hear a cpl burg returners are entering the portal since ya mentioned it. But that should come as no shock. To start the season one of ya key kids wanted to be a Tiger also but ended up staying. Word was he wanted to see what making it outta the region felt like. Idk. 🤷‍♂️

And the results will be the same. Tons of DI recruits and still no state title. Per as usual, as you say.
And burg stuck in their regional mediocrity for another season.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Bad Snap wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:06 pm You I Virginia for a recruiting trip?
Always.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Burgball#1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:21 pm Just wanted to say being a Burg Fan, congratulations to Ironton for making it to the title game. I have and always will cheer for the southern Ohio teams no matter who they are or what sport it is.

Until this year, I have always cheered for all SEO teams in all sports. Cheered for Ironton against Kirtland, both games. Cheered for West against Kenton. Portsmouth, South Webster, Oak Hill, etc. Always wanted to see SEO teams do well.

But some of the comments from some Ironton fans has completely turned me off. Even Burg fans who tried to support Ironton on here were bashed by Ironton fans.

And worse of all, their coach embodies this attitude. I watched him run the score up on Coal Grove, then act like a child afterwards.

A Valley View fan on social media said it best when an Ironton poster was acting like a jerk: “wow…with all the tradition and greatness…you act like you’ve never been here before…such a poor sport…”.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:37 pm

You realize there is a blatant difference in transfers and recruiting kids to your school.

He was seen at a Valley HS basketball game 2 years ago recruiting the Perkins kid to Ironton. It worked.

He called up the Arthur kid from Burg this year two days before the Ironton-Burg game.

Screw him and the white horse he rode in on. He ran his mouth all year and now can’t back it up.
And the burg kids were last seen gettin MOLLY WHOPPED by Prep kids AGAIN. LOL

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Thank you. It’s hard for teams from this area to win state in any sport. Always root for our locals vs. teams from elsewhere. The idea that every non state championship season is just people either being really dumb or trolling.

Ironton had a great season but fell short today against a better team. The staff should 100% reflect on the season, both from a positive and a negative viewpoint, and act on what they feel they need to act on. I’d bet that they will. Lot of dancing on the graves of a staff who has been to 3 state championship games in 5 years at the helm, which is as many or more as every other school in the SE district.

It’s though to get there, it’s tough to win.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

TigerBob wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:43 pm

Thank you. It’s hard for teams from this area to win state in any sport. Always root for our locals vs. teams from elsewhere. The idea that every non state championship season is just people either being really dumb or trolling.

Ironton had a great season but fell short today against a better team. The staff should 100% reflect on the season, both from a positive and a negative viewpoint, and act on what they feel they need to act on. I’d bet that they will. Lot of dancing on the graves of a staff who has been to 3 state championship games in 5 years at the helm, which is as many or more as every other school in the SE district.

It’s though to get there, it’s tough to win.
Burg fans have a jan brady complex on seops.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Yup. Ask Massillon's Nate Moore. He recruits some of the best players in the entire state year after year and still can't get Massillon a state championship.

Recruiting is great, but at some point you have to coach the kids up to win.
Last edited by Otto on Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:48 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:45 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:43 pm

Until this year, I have always cheered for all SEO teams in all sports. Cheered for Ironton against Kirtland, both games. Cheered for West against Kenton. Portsmouth, South Webster, Oak Hill, etc. Always wanted to see SEO teams do well.

But some of the comments from some Ironton fans has completely turned me off. Even Burg fans who tried to support Ironton on here were bashed by Ironton fans.

And worse of all, their coach embodies this attitude. I watched him run the score up on Coal Grove, then act like a child afterwards.

A Valley View fan on social media said it best when an Ironton poster was acting like a jerk: “wow…with all the tradition and greatness…you act like you’ve never been here before…such a poor sport…”.
Hey Mr convenient you musta missed the trash ass burg fanbase calling ironton cheaters all season and making false allegations without providing evidence. But then again, the burg program is known for shady practices.
You are exhibit A for not supporting Ironton.

As for your false allegations, you realize kids talk, parents talk… everyone knows Pendleton is recruiting. Most Ironton fans can’t admit it.
All I know is Ironton just made it to their 3rd state game in 4 years and burg is home being Harvest Preps doormat.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Hey Mr convenient you musta missed the trash ass burg fanbase calling ironton cheaters all season and making false allegations without providing evidence. But then again, the burg program is known for shady practices.

See, you’re one who won’t admit to anything going on at Ironton. Pendleton showing up at Valley or calling up the Arthur kid as not being shady!!! Is that enough evidence for you?? He will go at whatever cost to get kids to Ironton to get him a state title and so far it hasn’t worked out for him. When you are bringing in 4-5 kids a year and promising them Or getting them D1 scholarships then those kids got exposed today makes you wonder what those three recruiting service owner/coaches they have are telling these schools. Like someone sad earlier, a kid going to Wisconsin should have dominated not only today but against the teams they played around here. He just didn’t.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:55 pm

As for your false allegations, you realize kids talk, parents talk… everyone knows Pendleton is recruiting. Most Ironton fans can’t admit it.
All I know is Ironton just made it to their 3rd state game in 4 years and burg is home being Harvest Preps doormat.

And have what to show?? Nothing!!

FightingTiger99
JV Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:57 pm

See, you’re one who won’t admit to anything going on at Ironton. Pendleton showing up at Valley or calling up the Arthur kid as not being shady!!! Is that enough evidence for you?? He will go at whatever cost to get kids to Ironton to get him a state title and so far it hasn’t worked out for him. When you are bringing in 4-5 kids a year and promising them Or getting them D1 scholarships then those kids got exposed today makes you wonder what those three recruiting service owner/coaches they have are telling these schools. Like someone sad earlier, a kid going to Wisconsin should have dominated not only today but against the teams they played around here. He just didn’t.
Let me be clear. I 100% support it. Infact I hope he GUTS every program in the area to bring student athletes to Ironton. I may even be helping recruit. See above. 😂

FightingTiger99
JV Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:59 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:55 pm

And have what to show?? Nothing!!

At least Ironton can make it outta the region while burgs still trying to figure out how to beat jackson. 😂 No wonder a cpl burg returnees are eyeing the portal. Lmao

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Otto wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:55 pm

Yup. Ask Massillon's Nate Moore. He recruits some of the best players in the entire state year after year and still can't get Massillon a state championship.

Recruiting is great, but at some point you have to coach the kids up to win.
Very good point. Massillon recruits better than the catholic schools and still can’t win the big one. They get a lot of grief from the other schools’ fans in that area.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

WELL SAID. AMEN

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

What Burg doesn’t have the talent Ironton needs to win

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

They need d1 talent

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

👏👏👏

Return to “Football”