Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

Post by Bad Snap »

Did anyone hear the lady from OSHAA before the D6 game that they rely on schools self reporting of violations on recruiting and transfer violations

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats Ironton on the great season

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

So does anyone think Ironton should of ran the ball more and played keep away?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SEO95 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:50 pm So does anyone think Ironton should of ran the ball more and played keep away?
They really weren’t that team. They actually moved the ball in spurts and scored 28 points. Bottom line was south range was really good.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:48 am I’m ashamed of so many of you on here. Recruits—I’m amazed, turn him in if you have proof. You don’t have proof!! Like I said before—you don’t know the Pendleton’s—they are great people who love their players and put so much more time in then your coach so you put them down. Shame on all of you—Burg fan and yabbadabbadooo—-I know you and am ashamed that two grown men have nothing better to do then get on here and act like you do. Turn him in!! You know you both are blow hards!!! I wish that you both would walk up to them and tell them who you are and how you feel about them, but you won’t——hide behind your screen names!

And I really don't care what you think of me. Several Ironton posters have run their mouth all year saying our kids are meth heads and crack addicts, that Ed Miller is a cheater, and that we had to cheat to win the 2017 title and I'm sick of it. They even talked about the Prep coaches having their way with coaches wives after the Prep loss. If they dish it out then they should be able to take it. If you know me and have a problem at least have guts to say it to my face. I'm pretty sure you live right down the alley from me. Just what have they done? Still haven't won another title since 1989.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SEO95 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:50 pm So does anyone think Ironton should of ran the ball more and played keep away?
Well considering Ironton ran the ball 21 times for 46 yards there's no way that was an option. When you get dominated on both sides of the ball at the LOS you are basically going to lose that game 100% of the time unless the other team just shoots itself in the foot. Even when Ironton was more run the ball come state championship time they've never been able to these last 3 trips. So the theory is sound keep SR offense off the field but the inability to execute that game plan makes it impossible to do.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:32 pm
Well considering Ironton ran the ball 21 times for 46 yards there's no way that was an option. When you get dominated on both sides of the ball at the LOS you are basically going to lose that game 100% of the time unless the other team just shoots itself in the foot. Even when Ironton was more run the ball come state championship time they've never been able to these last 3 trips. So the theory is sound keep SR offense off the field but the inability to execute that game plan makes it impossible to do.
Agree but you have to give a great back a chance to get a rhythm and break free. Passing so much lends itself to too many 3 and outs. JMO

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:11 pm
They really weren’t that team. They actually moved the ball in spurts and scored 28 points. Bottom line was south range was really good.
What really killed Ironton were the turnovers, blocked punt, and penalties. All of these mistakes in a state final are impossible to overcome.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

fbnut wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:24 pm
Valenth wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:41 am I mean.. This was a thread that involved Ironton and South Range... it seems like when a game is over and done SOMEHOW Wheelersburg gets thrown into the Pot for people to stir almost EVERY SINGLE TIME. (This also happens vice versa) Why can't this be a Post to Congratulate South Range on their State Championship and Congratulate Ironton on a great season and Nothing else extra?

From an outsiders point of view it seems pretty petty to have sour grapes from fans from another team just to bash the other. It's sad that people can't act like adults and make a good example of sportsmanship. Yes Burg and Ironton are one of the best Southern Ohio Rivalries... However the Level that some of these posts are going is downright degrading and really disappointing.
Ironton fans have showed up on burg threads ever since week one
Understood. Its why I put that it happens Vice versa. Regardless it's childish.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Valenth wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:11 pm
fbnut wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:24 pm
Valenth wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:41 am I mean.. This was a thread that involved Ironton and South Range... it seems like when a game is over and done SOMEHOW Wheelersburg gets thrown into the Pot for people to stir almost EVERY SINGLE TIME. (This also happens vice versa) Why can't this be a Post to Congratulate South Range on their State Championship and Congratulate Ironton on a great season and Nothing else extra?

From an outsiders point of view it seems pretty petty to have sour grapes from fans from another team just to bash the other. It's sad that people can't act like adults and make a good example of sportsmanship. Yes Burg and Ironton are one of the best Southern Ohio Rivalries... However the Level that some of these posts are going is downright degrading and really disappointing.
Ironton fans have showed up on burg threads ever since week one
Understood. Its why I put that it happens Vice versa. Regardless it's childish.
You made a great post Valenth and you get a but he started it first comment back, lol
It’s basically the same idiot posters from both schools who continue to ruin every thread involving the 2 schools

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SEO95 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:58 pm
Agree but you have to give a great back a chance to get a rhythm and break free. Passing so much lends itself to too many 3 and outs. JMO
That's hard to do down 26-7, plus that's just not Ironton's MO they run about 3 different backs they don't have a great back on the roster who can take over a game.

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

5B759097-EE4B-49CD-8D37-13CF761EA1FF.jpeg

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:09 pm

That's hard to do down 26-7, plus that's just not Ironton's MO they run about 3 different backs they don't have a great back on the roster who can take over a game.
Last edited by SEO95 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

fbnut wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:22 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:50 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:46 am This is the last thing I’ll say in this post.

I don’t care what any of you think about what I say or that you know me.

That clown ran his mouth all season using about 15 different screen names along the way. He made reference to Ed Miller being dead and how the memorial at the first game will be for nothing after Ironton beats Burg. He’s now talking about Burg coaches wives sleeping with HP coaches. He made references about sexual stuff toward kids.

He’s a pathetic piece of crap that can go to hell!!

I’m done!!!!!!!!!
Amen!
Preach it
Everyone knows he a pu$$y that never played the game
Typing on here is all he has
lol, that describes yabadaba, too. :lol:

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Did Huntington WV win the state chip?

Dannyb24
Waterboy

Post by Dannyb24 »

Yes

Dannyb24
Waterboy

Post by Dannyb24 »

28-3

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Well that sucks for felder

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SEO95 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:45 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:09 pm

If you believe Ironton doesnt have at least 2 great backs, I got some land to sell you down in Flordia man. But you gotta USE them all year alot. The game this year centered around the QB passing.
Seen them play and no I don't believe they have at least 2 great backs, and if you believe that after watching the state finals game of 21 carries 46 yards I've got the ocean front property in Arizona for ya. I honestly thought Felder was the best back they had but typically life is made a lot easier as a runner when you've got 3 WRs teams must worry about and that's what they got to take advantage of this year. Sorry man, not a knock on their backs but they're not great by any stretch of the imagination, great backs get the job done, average to above average backs get shutdown on the big stage. Look at Hoban's RB Sperling, Mr. Ohio, his team was down 21-7 and that dude willed his team back into it rushing for 356 yards and nearly pulling out the win that's a great back. Wyoming with Hester willed his team into the state championship game Wyoming 5,656 total yards on the year and Hester had 3,135 of those yards and scored 49 of the teams 71 Tds on the year, another great back.

Return to “Football”