Shakeup for Carter and Perkins commitments?!

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: Shakeup for Carter and Perkins commitments?!

Post by Sonny Weaver »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:36 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:18 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:04 pm

They manage social media better than people your age my guy. Its fine. 😂🤡 And they need to learn how to cope outside the tiny secluded seo bubble. Once the lights come on, its not up to them when they get to turn em off. Time to adult. Sink or swim. Welcome to d1 recruit life.
first off you don't even know my age?
secondly, you think D1 coaches don't tell their kids to turn the mentions off on Twitter so they don't see/hear/read the replies? ofc they do.
That must be why big time players for almost every big program are tweeting, making tic tocs and posting on IG all week during big game weeks. Even on day of a big game before game. Where you been? Different era now my guy. We make tik toks and post on twitter before games all week and rock bus down Louis V cleets. Lol. Believe it or not there are cool things called science books that explain the human capacity to manage a lot simultaneously physically, mentally, and emotionally. 😂
"WE" lol??? Who's we?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:35 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:16 pm The point is the kids can wait 5-6 days to worry about what’s going on w/ UC. Is it a big deal? Yes. Is there something else that’s a big deal, that requires their full and immediate attention? Also yes. Like, they can’t do anything about what’s going on re: UC/their futures… at least not right now. It can wait.
Believe it or not, they are capable of BOTH simultaneously lol
It’s not a question of whether they’re capable. It’s a question of whether it’s wise.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I’m sure Darren Gammell can hold down the fort for Carter and Perkins, for just four days.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:05 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:16 pm The point is the kids can wait 5-6 days to worry about what’s going on w/ UC. Is it a big deal? Yes. Is there something else that’s a big deal, that requires their full and immediate attention? Also yes. Like, they can’t do anything about what’s going on re: UC/their futures… at least not right now. It can wait.
It’s not a question of whether they’re capable. It’s a question of whether it’s wise.
Will social media chop off his hands & legs? 😂

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:54 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:36 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:18 pm

first off you don't even know my age?
secondly, you think D1 coaches don't tell their kids to turn the mentions off on Twitter so they don't see/hear/read the replies? ofc they do.
That must be why big time players for almost every big program are tweeting, making tic tocs and posting on IG all week during big game weeks. Even on day of a big game before game. Where you been? Different era now my guy. We make tik toks and post on twitter before games all week and rock bus down Louis V cleets. Lol. Believe it or not there are cool things called science books that explain the human capacity to manage a lot simultaneously physically, mentally, and emotionally. 😂
"WE" lol??? Who's we?
We as in all of us = as in reality in 2022. This site sorta always reads a lot like a lot of perspectives are just plain dated. Twitter isnt the boogie man. Has no effect. Humans can compartmentalize things. It's a neat skill. Try it. If you think twitter is distracting wait til someone tells you about group chats. Lmao.

Maybe instead of creating a boogie man just encourage being well adjusted and able to manage things? Might work better than sounding like the town in Footloose afraid of dancing. Do you guys still go to the doctor barber and get bled w razors when ya get a head cold too? 😂😂 No seeing the gf on game day? Lmao!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:13 pm

I’m not referring to the activity of using social media. Just the general fact that the UC situation isn’t going to get resolved any time soon, especially not in a matter of days, so it’s not prudent to be worrying about that since there’s a whole range of outcomes that they can’t meaningfully control for themselves between then and Friday.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:51 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:13 pm
I’m not referring to the activity of using social media. Just the general fact that the UC situation isn’t going to get resolved any time soon, especially not in a matter of days, so it’s not prudent to be worrying about that since there’s a whole range of outcomes that they can’t meaningfully control for themselves between then and Friday.
Got you. Now that I agree w and I doubt he's pressed about it. I've raised 2 at or near his age range w 2 in college now at diff points in their journey. What I mean by what I say is kids in 2022, process things differently than previous gens. I'd bet the house that he is hardly distracted or pressed over any of it. Kid literally has a big bright opportunity ahead of him regardless. I kinda doubt he's even in it much rn. Plus, gen z kids are actually cold hearted but compassionate if that makes sense. Meaning they are not with the discrimimatory stuff like their parents are, so they are compassioned and inclusive, BUT they are also not generally aroused by the sentimental stuff a lot of posters tend to focus on here. Their reality and older gens overtly romanticized perception of their past memories do not generally align. Same goes for all of the transfers vs homegrown bs that tends to be dwelled on more by adults than kids. It just feels like it has been awhile since a lotta posters here raised a kid. A lot of what is discussed here is discussed almost with a presumption that it is even a thought for those who are actually doing as opposed to observing.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I get what you’re saying in that paragraph, and I largely agree.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:33 pm I get what you’re saying in that paragraph, and I largely agree.
This generation of kids are a product of displacement of the family structure more than any previous gen. As a rule, they are a product of generational trauma. As a result of that and their adaptation to coming of age in a tech influenced world, they have developed survival/coping skills. They compartmentalize and disassociate with the best of em. They are a gen that had to have grandparent parents cause opiates & the court system got their real parents. They are not the past gens of both parents and my golly hometown same house since a baby roots anymore. Their reality and how they view things ( everything) almost 1000% does not align with any of the beliefs, sentiments or feelings we have w regards to anything realated to the sport in this area at this present time in the world. It just doesnt. A lot of posters are citing dated information and experiences imo.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:44 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:33 pm I get what you’re saying in that paragraph, and I largely agree.
This generation of kids are a product of displacement of the family structure more than any previous gen. As a rule, they are a product of generational trauma. As a result of that and their adaptation to coming of age in a tech influenced world, they have developed survival/coping skills. They compartmentalize and disassociate with the best of em. They are a gen that had to have grandparent parents cause opiates & the court system got their real parents. They are not the past gens of both parents and my golly hometown same house since a baby roots anymore. Their reality and how they view things ( everything) almost 1000% does not align with any of the beliefs, sentiments or feelings we have w regards to anything realated to the sport in this area at this present time in the world. It just doesnt. A lot of posters are citing dated information and experiences imo.

And that reality for them, is ALSO why its easy to TRANSFER away from their hometown programs. Their experiences growing up are NOT ours. They dont share the same sentiment or offer the same loyalty. Opportunity and personal happiness/peace always outweigh taking one for the home team. As it should. A kid shouldnt poop on himself cause his gf or bf breaks up with him and similarly he shouldnt be compelled to commit himself to somewhere or something he doesnt wanna commit to cause geography. Its a silly outdated sentiment.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

To an extent, I agree. The sociological angle, I recognize and appreciate it. Today’s kids get castigated as soft and selfish. There may be merit to the idea that today’s players aren’t as easy to coach (read: ride into the ground), but this is also a generation that largely grew up in crappy times. Have-nots are more pronounced, and it’s more evident to them; even the have’s are saddled with problems of the generation. More germane to what you’re saying on the area: not a whole lot of cards to play with for today’s youth. Ball, trades/construction, school (if you have the means and ability) or the county-seat streets.

Yes. There’s a ton of sentiment on here that frankly doesn’t square up to reality.
FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:56 pm

And that reality for them, is ALSO why its easy to TRANSFER away from their hometown programs. Their experiences growing up are NOT ours. They dont share the same sentiment or offer the same loyalty. Opportunity and personal happiness/peace always outweigh taking one for the home team. As it should. A kid shouldnt poop on himself cause his gf or bf breaks up with him and similarly he shouldnt be compelled to commit himself to somewhere or something he doesnt wanna commit to cause geography. Its a silly outdated sentiment.
My feelings on this are a little mixed. I agree that today’s conditions make for more student versatility, not so much out of preference but almost out of NECESSITY.

I live in metro Columbus. Familiar with the area scene up here, what’s a little further out in exurban/rural Central OH and yes SEOPS territory. What happens up here, especially with the OCC, would make some people here stroke out. And I’m pro-kid and pro-freedom. What I see that isn’t really discussed as much is the idea of sports-conscious up here. Scores of schools this way pour beaucoup capital into their athletics: AD’s make 6-figure salaries, the coaches get very comfortable professional arrangements in the building, the facilities and equipment get upgrades like clockwork, new uniforms and high-end subscriptions paid for digital services. Many of them have money, but some don’t. To an extent it feels like an arms race, and to an extent it feels misappropriated. Secondary education is a market commodity, though, and sports have unwittingly become an integral piece to the game of customers (enrolled students.)

In my eyes, OHSAA sees it but refuses to embrace it. Like it’s happening in the office’s literal backyard. The office, of people know who know better and see things better, probably feels differently about it than the constituency schools do. The fact is most schools in Ohio (in composition terms, the city schools and the rural districts… but alone the rural districts) fundamentally don’t have the means and ability to play ball in a HS sports landscape that is truly laissez-faire with no guardrails. The failure of the NIL proposal speaks to that.

I can get past that, somewhat, but it’s still hard to look at the landscape and see how naked the hyper-emphasis on sports has become in the high-population (wealthier) areas. But yet the hegemony of Rules and Regulations, coupled with the OHSAA shield and it’s face-value approach toward athletics, just reinforces some of the weirdness you’ve alluded to in peoples attitudes. I will say, FWIW, I don’t really think many schools in Southeastern Ohio are equipped to replicate what happens up here — let alone replicate what gets kids to gravitate toward Ironton. In the best of situations it would just be a limited number of schools who can get their situations to speed and make for a more-competitive landscape for the kids.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:57 am
To an extent, I agree. The sociological angle, I recognize and appreciate it. Today’s kids get castigated as soft and selfish. There may be merit to the idea that today’s players aren’t as easy to coach (read: ride into the ground), but this is also a generation that largely grew up in crappy times. Have-nots are more pronounced, and it’s more evident to them; even the have’s are saddled with problems of the generation. More germane to what you’re saying on the area: not a whole lot of cards to play with for today’s youth. Ball, trades/construction, school (if you have the means and ability) or the county-seat streets.

Yes. There’s a ton of sentiment on here that frankly doesn’t square up to reality.
FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:56 pm

My feelings on this are a little mixed. I agree that today’s conditions make for more student versatility, not so much out of preference but almost out of NECESSITY.

I live in metro Columbus. Familiar with the area scene up here, what’s a little further out in exurban/rural Central OH and yes SEOPS territory. What happens up here, especially with the OCC, would make some people here stroke out. And I’m pro-kid and pro-freedom. What I see that isn’t really discussed as much is the idea of sports-conscious up here. Scores of schools this way pour beaucoup capital into their athletics: AD’s make 6-figure salaries, the coaches get very comfortable professional arrangements in the building, the facilities and equipment get upgrades like clockwork, new uniforms and high-end subscriptions paid for digital services. Many of them have money, but some don’t. To an extent it feels like an arms race, and to an extent it feels misappropriated. Secondary education is a market commodity, though, and sports have unwittingly become an integral piece to the game of customers (enrolled students.)

In my eyes, OHSAA sees it but refuses to embrace it. Like it’s happening in the office’s literal backyard. The office, of people know who know better and see things better, probably feels differently about it than the constituency schools do. The fact is most schools in Ohio (in composition terms, the city schools and the rural districts… but alone the rural districts) fundamentally don’t have the means and ability to play ball in a HS sports landscape that is truly laissez-faire with no guardrails. The failure of the NIL proposal speaks to that.

I can get past that, somewhat, but it’s still hard to look at the landscape and see how naked the hyper-emphasis on sports has become in the high-population (wealthier) areas. But yet the hegemony of Rules and Regulations, coupled with the OHSAA shield and it’s face-value approach toward athletics, just reinforces some of the weirdness you’ve alluded to in peoples attitudes. I will say, FWIW, I don’t really think many schools in Southeastern Ohio are equipped to replicate what happens up here — let alone replicate what gets kids to gravitate toward Ironton. In the best of situations it would just be a limited number of schools who can get their situations to speed and make for a more-competitive landscape for the kids.
Good posts gentlemen. I think the biggest reason why there is so much sentiment expressed on this site that doesn't square with present reality is older posters have a tendency to apply their experience based on their perception of what their memories are for them. Almost every memory we romanticize as human beings is merely a perception of what it was really like. Details fade & we replace those details with romanticism. Eg: none of our memories were as grand as our perceptions believe them to be.] It is a bit of a trick that our emotions play on our mind. Because of those perceptions and the posters incessantly applying them to their present day perspectives, as a result you get outdated sentiments. Hence why so many posters on seops go on ad naseum about transfers and a host of other present day dynamics of the game at the prep level they quite simply do not understand or relate to.

They start looking and sounding like mullet guy in the movie Friday Night Lights. "Babies and memories." And meanwhile the kids are rolling their eyes.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

any update on these young fellas next step?

Would assume UC needs to make a decision early this week on who the HC will be next year as the transfer portal is opening.
Deion to Colorado, Hartline withdrew his name, current offensive coordinator Gino Guidugli is out of the running, and while interim coach Coombs is a great recruiter, not sure he is HC material.

Heard a few local Cincy HS coaches names get thrown out there as a possibility.

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:52 am any update on these young fellas next step?

Would assume UC needs to make a decision early this week on who the HC will be next year as the transfer portal is opening.
Deion to Colorado, Hartline withdrew his name, current offensive coordinator Gino Guidugli is out of the running, and while interim coach Coombs is a great recruiter, not sure he is HC material.

Heard a few local Cincy HS coaches names get thrown out there as a possibility.
Scott Satterfield

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Both Carter and Perkins have announced that they will stay commited to Cincinnati and sign their NLI on the 21st of this month.

bluelioncrew
Waterboy

Post by bluelioncrew »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:10 pm I’m sure Darren Gammell can hold down the fort for Carter and Perkins, for just four days.
Darren Gammell hands out "offers" to kids that have barely played a down of varsity football. He can't hold down any fort, half of SEO has "offers" from Campbell University, I think TigerBob has one coming sooner rather than later.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

bluelioncrew wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:16 am
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:10 pm I’m sure Darren Gammell can hold down the fort for Carter and Perkins, for just four days.
Darren Gammell hands out "offers" to kids that have barely played a down of varsity football. He can't hold down any fort, half of SEO has "offers" from Campbell University, I think TigerBob has one coming sooner rather than later.
I am out of eligibility, availability, and talent.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

You saying he’s not legit?

bluelioncrew
Waterboy

Post by bluelioncrew »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:13 pm
Just ironic that players with less that 10 varsity starts are getting D1 offers

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bluelioncrew wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:26 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:13 pm

Just ironic that players with less that 10 varsity starts are getting D1 offers
Yeah I’m not sure what all kids he has one of the kids he has doesn’t have an offer and he started all season.

Return to “Football”