Shakeup for Carter and Perkins commitments?!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Shakeup for Carter and Perkins commitments?!

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Luke Fickell is taking the HC job at Wisconsin. Carter has already announced that he is still currently committed but his recruitment is 100% open. Carter already holds an offer from Wisconsin if he wants to follow Fickell. No word from Perkins yet but he was dissapointed to hear the news, posted a picture of them with 💔

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Shakeup for Carter and Perkins commitments?!

Post by VetteMan »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:08 pm Luke Fickell is taking the HC job at Wisconsin. Carter has already announced that he is still currently committed but his recruitment is 100% open. Carter already holds an offer from Wisconsin if he wants to follow Fickell. No word from Perkins yet but he was dissapointed to hear the news, posted a picture of them with 💔
It will be interesting to see if Perkins also gets an offer from Wisconsin.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Isn’t Keyes already going to Wisconsin?

Perkins might get the chance but Wisconsin isn’t very local at all. Bigger deal but might feel smaller.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Heard a rumor Perkins is decommiting and going somewhere else. Maybe he will go and follow fickle. Could 3 tigers end up at Wisconsin.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:08 pm Luke Fickell is taking the HC job at Wisconsin. Carter has already announced that he is still currently committed but his recruitment is 100% open. Carter already holds an offer from Wisconsin if he wants to follow Fickell. No word from Perkins yet but he was dissapointed to hear the news, posted a picture of them with 💔
Or will Keyes decommit at Wisky?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

I think Keyes pulled out of his commitment a while back

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I doubt Pendleton cares much for this timing but it’s part of the gig.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

I'm biased, but I hope Keyes, Carter and Perkins all end up at Kentucky. With fellow Fighting Tiger Angelo Washington already there, that would be great. But with Vince Marrow being considered on the short list of coaches to be hired at Cincinnati, Kentucky may lose its key coach to the Ohio pipeline.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Pinwheel wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:55 pm I think Keyes pulled out of his commitment a while back
According to his social media he's still committed but who knows.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:03 pm I doubt Pendleton cares much for this timing but it’s part of the gig.
Definitely untimely, with the state championship being this weekend. Perkins and Carter need their social media accounts taken away for the rest of the week lol

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:26 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:03 pm I doubt Pendleton cares much for this timing but it’s part of the gig.
Definitely untimely, with the state championship being this weekend. Perkins and Carter need their social media accounts taken away for the rest of the week lol
Yeah, they both should probably stay off social media until after Friday. Carter tweeted out yesterday that he's 100% still committed to UC, but reopening his recruitment. Predictably, UC fans are roasting him for it, while other schools' fans wanting him to commit to them. They both had other offers, so no reason to worry about it until after high school season over.*

FightingTiger99
JV Team

I wish i could communicate how hard I am rolling my eyes. Lmao

Social media access isn't gonna hurt Mayberry 😂

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:41 pm

If you don't know how much social media influences this generation then you've been living under a rock my guy.

Like stated above, these kids are gonna have lunatics from college fan bases all over the Midwest in their mentions this week, especially if they put it out there like Carter did. There's a lot more noise on Twitter when it's a D1 college fan base and not just a SEO D5 High School fan base.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:11 pm
Yeah, they both should probably stay off social media until after Friday. Carter tweeted out yesterday that he's 100% still committed to UC, but reopening his recruitment. Predictably, UC fans are roasting him for it, while other schools' fans wanting him to commit to them. They both had other offers, so no reason to worry about it until after high school season over.*
sounds like he's 100% uncommitted to UC? lol
like dating the second prettiest girl in school, hoping the prettiest girl will ask you out.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:45 pm

If you don't know how much social media influences this generation then you've been living under a rock my guy.

Like stated above, these kids are gonna have lunatics from college fan bases all over the Midwest in their mentions this week, especially if they put it out there like Carter did. There's a lot more noise on Twitter when it's a D1 college fan base and not just a SEO D5 High School fan base.
They manage social media better than people your age my guy. Its fine. 😂🤡 And they need to learn how to cope outside the tiny secluded seo bubble. Once the lights come on, its not up to them when they get to turn em off. Time to adult. Sink or swim. Welcome to d1 recruit life.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The point is the kids can wait 5-6 days to worry about what’s going on w/ UC. Is it a big deal? Yes. Is there something else that’s a big deal, that requires their full and immediate attention? Also yes. Like, they can’t do anything about what’s going on re: UC/their futures… at least not right now. It can wait.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:04 pm

They manage social media better than people your age my guy. Its fine. 😂🤡 And they need to learn how to cope outside the tiny secluded seo bubble. Once the lights come on, its not up to them when they get to turn em off. Time to adult. Sink or swim. Welcome to d1 recruit life.
first off you don't even know my age?
secondly, you think D1 coaches don't tell their kids to turn the mentions off on Twitter so they don't see/hear/read the replies? ofc they do.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:16 pm The point is the kids can wait 5-6 days to worry about what’s going on w/ UC. Is it a big deal? Yes. Is there something else that’s a big deal, that requires their full and immediate attention? Also yes. Like, they can’t do anything about what’s going on re: UC/their futures… at least not right now. It can wait.
EXACTLY :!:

FightingTiger99
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:16 pm The point is the kids can wait 5-6 days to worry about what’s going on w/ UC. Is it a big deal? Yes. Is there something else that’s a big deal, that requires their full and immediate attention? Also yes. Like, they can’t do anything about what’s going on re: UC/their futures… at least not right now. It can wait.
Believe it or not, they are capable of BOTH simultaneously lol

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:18 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:04 pm

first off you don't even know my age?
secondly, you think D1 coaches don't tell their kids to turn the mentions off on Twitter so they don't see/hear/read the replies? ofc they do.
That must be why big time players for almost every big program are tweeting, making tic tocs and posting on IG all week during big game weeks. Even on day of a big game before game. Where you been? Different era now my guy. We make tik toks and post on twitter before games all week and rock bus down Louis V cleets. Lol. Believe it or not there are cool things called science books that explain the human capacity to manage a lot simultaneously physically, mentally, and emotionally. 😂

Return to “Football”