Varsity

Re: Fixing Regions 23 and 27

Post by Pat »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:45 pm
Pat wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:20 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:40 am
Irrelevant.
Irrelevant? He11 it’s the point of the thread isn’t it? LOL
I’m not seeing where NC’s lack of recent success at the state level has anything to do with the question of why Southeast Ohio teams (in this case, Region 27) don’t make a run to the state title.

I get OP’s question. Unfortunately the only earnest answer is, in the case of Region 27, it often runs through one school in particular (NC) that isn’t even considered SEO. The other years it’s been just Trimble. Region 27, formerly Region 23 back when it was just six divisions, has just been futile for the most part against them. Not one SEO team that won a regional title had beat NC in the playoffs the year said team made state semis, and NC only has three losses total to SEO teams in playoffs (Symmes Valley 2004, Bridgeport 2010, and Paint Valley 2015.) So for everyone else that isn’t Trimble, the question isn’t “why can’t you win a state title” but instead “why can’t you get that far?” Because it’s beside the point of measuring up against MSML and western Ohio when you can’t even make it out of the region.

Getting that far to state semi’s and state title: just comes down to whether you’ve got the talent and you’ve got the ability, or not, to win it. McComb had a few more dudes than Trimble. Simple as that.
Okay, I didn’t realize the OP meant to say how to fix SEO football 😳

FYI: Trimble has only won R27 one time.

BTW, since NC is often in R27 and that’s one of the regions in the OP, when’s the last time NC has won a state title?

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:40 am
Irrelevant.
I’m not seeing where NC’s lack of recent success at the state level has anything to do with the question of why Southeast Ohio teams (in this case, Region 27) don’t make a run to the state title.

I get OP’s question. Unfortunately the only earnest answer is, in the case of Region 27, it often runs through one school in particular (NC) that isn’t even considered SEO. The other years it’s been just Trimble. Region 27, formerly Region 23 back when it was just six divisions, has just been futile for the most part against them. Not one SEO team that won a regional title had beat NC in the playoffs the year said team made state semis, and NC only has three losses total to SEO teams in playoffs (Symmes Valley 2004, Bridgeport 2010, and Paint Valley 2015.) So for everyone else that isn’t Trimble, the question isn’t “why can’t you win a state title” but instead “why can’t you get that far?” Because it’s beside the point of measuring up against MSML and western Ohio when you can’t even make it out of the region.

Getting that far to state semi’s and state title: just comes down to whether you’ve got the talent and you’ve got the ability, or not, to win it. McComb had a few more dudes than Trimble. Simple as that.
Do you get it? Really? Its doesnt seem that way. I was certainly talking about R27 and not all of SEO. I dont need someone who cant take the time to do some basic research speaking for me thank you very much. Ley me keep typing this post slowly because you obviously don't read so well. My post brought out exactly the problem. Too many people want to make excuses for not making their program better. Seems that FFHS got exposed for that very thing. Otherwise the work needed to win would have been done headed into this year.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Lucky Charms wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:29 am

Do you get it? Really? Its doesnt seem that way. I was certainly talking about R27 and not all of SEO. I dont need someone who cant take the time to do some basic research speaking for me thank you very much. Ley me keep typing this post slowly because you obviously don't read so well. My post brought out exactly the problem. Too many people want to make excuses for not making their program better. Seems that FFHS got exposed for that very thing. Otherwise the work needed to win would have been done headed into this year.
I understand the point far better than you do. BTW,
Lucky Charms wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:32 am My question for discussion is how do we improve these regions so that a school from SEO may actually be able to make a serious run at at a title?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pat wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:01 am

Trimble has won the region that, for all intents and purposes, is today’s Region 27 three times. The problem is when they won regional titles in 2013 and 2014, Division I only had two regions instead of four — so the region that Trimble won back to back years was then-called 25 even though it’s today known as 27.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:41 am

Trimble has won the region that, for all intents and purposes, is today’s Region 27 three times. The problem is when they won regional titles in 2013 and 2014, Division I only had two regions instead of four — so the region that Trimble won back to back years was then-called 25 even though it’s today known as 27.
Okay. I didn’t realize the OP included R25 when he said R27. I must’ve missed that and OP must have deleted that part. 😮

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pat wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:33 am

Okay. I didn’t realize the OP included R25 when he said R27. I must’ve missed that and OP must have deleted that part. 😮
R25, then, is the same region that R27 is today. There’s no reason to think it wouldn’t be discussed.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Typical troll job on your part to come in here and hijack the thread and make it about what you want to discuss but then you cant even back it up with any facts. Don't you have a study hall to attend?

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:00 am
R25, then, is the same region that R27 is today. There’s no reason to think it wouldn’t be discussed.
You should tell the OP what he’s thinking then since you seem to know better than he does what he meant to post. Because he posted R27. Either that or just admit that you’re wrong. 😂

Paladin `
Waterboy

Post by Paladin ` »

BTW, since NC is often in R27 and that’s one of the regions in the OP, when’s the last time NC has won a state title?
No, it is definitely an SEO problem and this thread reflects the major reason with all the defeatist excuses offered. Fact is no one in SEO thinks they can beat not just Kirtland or the MAC teams but any team beyond the region and they’ve proven themselves right over and over again. They know they can’t even win the region when NC is in it. So, as a result they don’t even try. It’s a cultural issue. “We’re not good enough to beat the good teams but it’s not our fault. It’s just how things are.”

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pat wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:54 am

You should tell the OP what he’s thinking then since you seem to know better than he does what he meant to post. Because he posted R27. Either that or just admit that you’re wrong. 😂
The only difference between the Region that Trimble advanced out twice (in 2013 and 2014), versus the Region they advanced out of only once (in 2018) is the number of the region (and the difference only existed because Division I only had two regions those years instead of four.) The Region 25 of 2013-2015 became today’s Region 27 back in 2016.

There’s no reason to think Trimble only won the D7 region for this part of the state once on the basis of the number being different previously. They won it three times.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:53 pm
The only difference between the Region that Trimble advanced out twice (in 2013 and 2014), versus the Region they advanced out of only once (in 2018) is the number of the region (and the difference only existed because Division I only had two regions those years instead of four.) The Region 25 of 2013-2015 became today’s Region 27 back in 2016.

There’s no reason to think Trimble only won the D7 region for this part of the state once on the basis of the number being different previously. They won it three times.
I believe the OP said R27.

When’s the last time NC or any team in R27 won a state title? And if you insist, you can include R25 when it was included in D7.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pat wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:00 pm

When’s the last time NC or any team in R27 won a state title? And if you insist, you can include R25 when it was included in D7.
They haven’t, but NC not winning a state title out of R27 is NC’s problem only. Not Region 27’s problem. The rest of Region 27 not getting through NC, however, is Region 27’s problem.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:18 pm

They haven’t, but NC not winning a state title out of R27 is NC’s problem only. Not Region 27’s problem. The rest of Region 27 not getting through NC, however, is Region 27’s problem.
It really is quite interesting how you take a thread and twist and turn it to fit what you want it to be about 😂

The fact is NC is in R27 and no one in that region has ever won a state title since that region was created. That’s the problem for the whole region, including NC. Not sure why you keep debating and denying this.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pat wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:30 pm
It really is quite interesting how you take a thread and twist and turn it to fit what you want it to be about 😂

The fact is NC is in R27 and no one in that region has ever won a state title since that region was created. That’s the problem for the whole region, including NC. Not sure why you keep debating and denying this.
It’s not a problem for the region that the program who has owned it in the R27 era (who also owned it when it was R23 in the six division set-up, when it was R19 in the five division set-up, etc) hasn’t won a state title in 15 years. What is a problem for the region is no one in SEO has knocked them off and won the region in the process. All this talk about why Region 27 can’t win at the state level — what’s the point in discussing it as a region issue (as it relates to winning a state title) when you can’t even beat NC?

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:54 pm

It’s not a problem for the region that the program who has owned it in the R27 era (who also owned it when it was R23 in the six division set-up, when it was R19 in the five division set-up, etc) hasn’t won a state title in 15 years. What is a problem for the region is no one in SEO has knocked them off and won the region in the process. All this talk about why Region 27 can’t win at the state level — what’s the point in discussing it as a region issue (as it relates to winning a state title) when you can’t even beat NC?
NC is in R27 and no one in R27 has won a title. It is an R27 problem. Are you really that thick, or just so narcissistic that you can’t admit when you’re wrong? Has to be one or the other.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pat wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:35 pm

NC is in R27 and no one in R27 has won a title. It is an R27 problem. Are you really that thick, or just so narcissistic that you can’t admit when you’re wrong? Has to be one or the other.
No. Your position is just stupid.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:08 pm
Pat wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:35 pm
No. Your position is just stupid.
Spoken like a true narcissist. 😂

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

It's not a region 23 and 27 problem. It's a seo problem. Neo and swo are both hotbeds for football and just have more talented kids than our area. Just ask Ironton

Return to “Football”