Fort Frye 2023

pioneer19
All Conference

Re: Fort Frye 2023

Post by pioneer19 »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:41 pm
WJOSUSteelers wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:37 pm So if the Competitive Balance #’s come from the previous years roster and the 18 equates to 6 boys - does that mean 6 players on this years Fort Frye team was outside the district? If so, on a roster of approximately 40 kids (grades 9-12), that’s 15% (6/40). A solid player or two who is a two way starter is a difference maker on most teams, especially at a smaller schools.
Home school kids count towards cb as well. We have a few of those. And don't forget just because the cb is whatever doesn't necessarily mean all those kids play sports.
The number is based on last season's football roster, so every student counted in the CB for football played football. Fort Frye basketball has a CB of 0. It is different for each sport. I know it has been posted on here before, but I cannot remember the exact breakdown for how CB is counted. Pretty sure it depends on what grade a student enrolled and whether they actually moved/live in the district.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

WJOSUSteelers wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:37 pm So if the Competitive Balance #’s come from the previous years roster and the 18 equates to 6 boys - does that mean 6 players on this years Fort Frye team was outside the district? If so, on a roster of approximately 40 kids (grades 9-12), that’s 15% (6/40). A solid player or two who is a two way starter is a difference maker on most teams, especially at a smaller schools.
Since it comes from last seasons roster some of those "CB number" kids could have been seniors .

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:55 pm
Home school kids count towards cb as well. We have a few of those. And don't forget just because the cb is whatever doesn't necessarily mean all those kids play sports.
The number is based on last season's football roster, so every student counted in the CB for football played football. Fort Frye basketball has a CB of 0. It is different for each sport. I know it has been posted on here before, but I cannot remember the exact breakdown for how CB is counted. Pretty sure it depends on what grade a student enrolled and whether they actually moved/live in the district.
If a player open enrolls before the 3rd day of the seventh grade , they are tier 1 and count as "1" in CB and if the player open enrolls after 3rd day of seventh grade they are tier 2 and count for "3" (for football)

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

icanpickem wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 pm
If a player open enrolls before the 3rd day of the seventh grade , they are tier 1 and count as "1" in CB and if the player open enrolls after 3rd day of seventh grade they are tier 2 and count for "3" (for football)
Thanks for clarifying. So it is possible 6 different players transferred in to Fort Frye after 7th grade, but more than likely there are a number of tier 1 players included in that number that have been there since grade school.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Sorry, showing my age. The new cb is definitely as stated above by the response. My question is we had a couple kids move out of the district and continue to go to school at ff up until they graduated. Would they count towards cb # since they and their parents didn't live in the district but had been at ff since elementary school?

WJOSUSteelers
Waterboy

Post by WJOSUSteelers »

Ff2023 - So you are sating the Competitive Balance #’s do not necessarily mean those kids (home schooled or from another school district) play football.

So as an example: if a school has a great math department and 10 boys open enroll into the district for this class they will push up the CB # even if all 10 do not play football? That makes little to no sense, what’s the point in CB if this is the case? I’m not trying to argue with you about it, I’m just saying CB virtually useless if this is the case.

The CB #’s for Kirtland was 0 and ML was something like 5. ML is the 2nd smallest school in DVI.

FF’s CB# of 18 is tied for 8th most in DVI with two other schools. A couple of private Christian schools are 50+, a couple more schools are above 40. The only school that stood out with a high CB# was Mogadore at 25. 30 schools had 10 or more CB# out of approximately 105 in DVI.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

WJOSUSteelers wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:48 pm Ff2023 - So you are sating the Competitive Balance #’s do not necessarily mean those kids (home schooled or from another school district) play football.

So as an example: if a school has a great math department and 10 boys open enroll into the district for this class they will push up the CB # even if all 10 do not play football? That makes little to no sense, what’s the point in CB if this is the case? I’m not trying to argue with you about it, I’m just saying CB virtually useless if this is the case.

The CB #’s for Kirtland was 0 and ML was something like 5. ML is the 2nd smallest school in DVI.

FF’s CB# of 18 is tied for 8th most in DVI with two other schools. A couple of private Christian schools are 50+, a couple more schools are above 40. The only school that stood out with a high CB# was Mogadore at 25. 30 schools had 10 or more CB# out of approximately 105 in DVI.
No, I'm saying what the person posted that responded to my post is correct. Before 2018 cb was calculated differently.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

If a kid is homeschooled and lives in the school district in which he/she plays, it doesn't count against CB

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:25 pm
Sorry, showing my age. The new cb is definitely as stated above by the response. My question is we had a couple kids move out of the district and continue to go to school at ff up until they graduated. Would they count towards cb # since they and their parents didn't live in the district but had been at ff since elementary school?
Yes it would count against CB since they are open enrolled

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

icanpickem wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:28 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:25 pm

Yes it would count against CB since they are open enrolled
Ok, we had 2 players that moved out of the district during hs that went to ff their entire life. Both graduated. Thanks

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:40 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:40 pm Cadets lose a ton and one of the best Sr classes ever.

They went undefeated in Jv and only lost once in Jr high.

They return a ton of kids with potential I’m excited to watch them grow.

- [x] Qb - Clayton Miller JR
- [ ] WB- Bryndan Riddle Sr
- [ ] WB- Ayden Holman Jr / Tyce Beardsley So
- [ ] Fb - Murray Stewart Sr
- [x] T- Graham Baker Sr
- [ ] T- Trevon Nicholson Jr
- [x] G- Keegan Strode Sr
- [ ] G- Blake Wheeler So
- [ ] C- Braxton Ross Jr
- [ ] TE- Clay Greuey Sr
- [ ] Wr - Dak Snodgrass Jr

Defense