Ironton needs out of OVC (in football)

Paladin `
Waterboy

Re: Ironton needs out of OVC (in football)

Post by Paladin ` »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:19 pm I don’t think it will really matter it’s hard to schedule when you’re not in a conference I don’t see any seo team competing with the big dogs no matter what only way they are winning a championship is if it’s a really down year for everyone else
Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:09 pm Great season for Ironton. But no schedule you can play where they're located will prepare you for what they faced today or previously in state championship games. No wv team outside of Martinsburg or maybe spring valley can compare to neo or swo teams. Just the way it is. Same for us at ff. Need the horses to be able to win the race.
You two seem to be getting it. The SEO way is to just accept that you can’t beat the best, so no need to try. Tell the rest. They are already doing the same but still pretend to be looking for a solution.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:19 pm I don’t think it will really matter it’s hard to schedule when you’re not in a conference I don’t see any seo team competing with the big dogs no matter what only way they are winning a championship is if it’s a really down year for everyone else
Burg won the state title in 2017. Not as impossible as you claim.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:34 pm
Thats been half a decade now and burgs only been able to win their region 4 times since 1998. Burg cant make it far enough to play any neo schools. Lmao

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:38 pm
Thats been half a decade now and burgs only been able to win their region 4 times since 1998. Burg cant make it far enough to play any neo schools. Lmao
Five years is much better than 33 years!

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:39 pm

But ya have only made it outta the region 4 times in 24 years. 😂

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Paladin ` wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:33 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:09 pm Great season for Ironton. But no schedule you can play where they're located will prepare you for what they faced today or previously in state championship games. No wv team outside of Martinsburg or maybe spring valley can compare to neo or swo teams. Just the way it is. Same for us at ff. Need the horses to be able to win the race.
You two seem to be getting it. The SEO way is to just accept that you can’t beat the best, so no need to try. Tell the rest. They are already doing the same but still pretend to be looking for a solution.
No where close to saying shouldn't try. Just saying the amount of talent here as compared to there is not close. Plus population base is way different. We missed our chance 2 years ago. We all know your disdain for local teams other than maybe vinton or Logan? Can't quite remember, but if I rooted for either of those I'd be grumpy too

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:41 pm

O darn, that really hurts.

I understand that regional titles are important at Ironton since they never win state titles. After another devastating loss, probably best not to worry about state titles at Ironton. Just not your thing.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:44 pm
No where close to saying shouldn't try. Just saying the amount of talent here as compared to there is not close. Plus population base is way different. We missed our chance 2 years ago. We all know your disdain for local teams other than maybe vinton or Logan? Can't quite remember, but if I rooted for either of those I'd be grumpy too
How can Ironton claim talent is an issue? Their team is packed with D1 players unlike any D5 school in the state.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:47 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:41 pm

O darn, that really hurts.

I understand that regional titles are important at Ironton since they never win state titles. After another devastating loss, probably best not to worry about state titles at Ironton. Just not your thing.
Burg cant make it outta the region. Lmao

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 pm

How can Ironton claim talent is an issue? Their team is packed with D1 players unlike any D5 school in the state.
How many d1 players do they have? How many are on the line? It's about like having a 6'10 in basketball vs a bunch of 6 footers but the pg sucks and can't get him the ball. Or else it's coaching which I have no clue if it is and would never claim to know. But we all know neo and swo and the Mac is where you have to get to and it's not easy

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Dude you're using the 2017 state championship as a trump card a little too much. Obviously winning state is the ultimate goal, and Burg did accomplish it that year.. but you talk about that 2017 season like it completely negates anything Ironton has done, when it doesn't at all. They're seperate things, but guess you're not bright enough to realize that.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 pm

How many and at what positions?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:46 pm

Dude you're using the 2017 state championship as a trump card a little too much. Obviously winning state is the ultimate goal, and Burg did accomplish it that year.. but you talk about that 2017 season like it completely negates anything Ironton has done, when it doesn't at all. They're seperate things, but guess you're not bright enough to realize that.
I am far more intelligent than you, and I promise it’s not even close, dude.

If an Ironton fan wants to talk smack, I have no problem reminding them which team last won a title. Doesn’t negate but does trump.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Others on here are using the flip side as well. We all know we'd give up every regional title for 1 state title. I know we at ff would for sure

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:56 pm

If an Ironton fan wants to talk smack, I have no problem reminding them which team last won a title. Doesn’t negate but does trump.
I see now why you're not responding to my question. Burg and Ironton fans not showing alot of logic on this thread. Here's my point, a d1 safety is not as useful when you're playing a running team unless he's always going to be in the box. Just like a d1 running back may not be as useful if your line is inferior. Not sayin I'm correct, but because you have a few d1 commits doesn't mean the overall team talent is better let alone comparable. Maybe it was, but that alone doesn't make it definite

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Also, 2 teams 6 miles apart just won state championships today. If that doesn't show you the talent and yes commitment as well of that region then I don't know what else to say. Yes there are a few teams with talent and commitment in our area, but our downfall at ff has always been our numbers. 34 players for a season makes it hard vs 70. Line going both ways for 14 games vs other going 1 way. Not making excuses, just stating facts. I honestly don't know what Ironton's shortcoming is, but whoever watched that game today knows that it wasn't a play or 2 that decided that game

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Some might not like to hear this, but it wasn't about the talent today, but the coaching. Ironton has very talented players. Give Ironton's talent to Marion Local's Tim Goodwin or Kirtland's Tiger LaVerde, and they would win a championship easily. Those coaches can do more with less.

Miscues, sloppy play, penalties. You could see it all watching the game today. As soon as that punt was blocked, I knew the game was over.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:00 pm

I see now why you're not responding to my question. Burg and Ironton fans not showing alot of logic on this thread. Here's my point, a d1 safety is not as useful when you're playing a running team unless he's always going to be in the box. Just like a d1 running back may not be as useful if your line is inferior. Not sayin I'm correct, but because you have a few d1 commits doesn't mean the overall team talent is better let alone comparable. Maybe it was, but that alone doesn't make it definite
Ironton D1 players:
- Keyes (RB): Wisconsin
- Perkins (WR): UC
- Carter (LB): UC
* These three are listed in the top 50 seniors in all of Ohio.

- One OL underclass man has an offer from UK.
- Pittman (WR): junior with offer from UK

I believe Felder has offers as well.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Otto wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:22 pm Some might not like to hear this, but it wasn't about the talent today, but the coaching. Ironton has very talented players. Give Ironton's talent to Marion Local's Tim Goodwin or Kirtland's Tiger LaVerde, and they would win a championship easily. Those coaches can do more with less.

Miscues, sloppy play, penalties. You could see it all watching the game today. As soon as that punt was blocked, I knew the game was over.
Thank you!!!

This is exactly what I have been saying since Ironton lost to Burg last year. It’s not a talent problem!!!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

You have a hardcore one-upping concept going on.. almost every comment you make is trying to prove Burg, or youself in this case, are better. Who knows maybe you are smarter, but i'll tell you one thing I would never want to be as snarky as someone like you.

Return to “Football”