Ironton fans trying to run long time sportswriter out of town

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Ironton fans trying to run long time sportswriter out of town

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Hate to see it, but Jimmy Walker is getting straight blitzed on social media right now.

What’s your thoughts on the article?

RBH23
S

Re: Ironton fans trying to run long time sportswriter out of town

Post by RBH23 »

Wow, what did he say that was so controversial?

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

I read the so-called controversial newspaper story. I saw nothing wrong with his analogy. Walker also lumped in all the the losses in the finals under Coach Lutz, so it was not an attack on the current staff or team.

Why would people think Jim Walker hates Ironton High? His kids all graduated from Ironton High. His son played football for the Fighting Tigers. Jim Walker even coached football at Ironton High. Last I knew, the sportswriter still lived in Ironton.

In my opinion, people need to grow up. They should be happy this area still has a newspaper, as many communities around the country have already lost their paper.

FYI: I am an Ironton High graduate and a city resident.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah, need more on what he said. I’ve seen writers obviously put stuff into articles they shouldn’t have….but this doesn’t feel like that

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Ironton is a super sensitive town. I feel bad for any tribune workers. They are canceling like crazy and it’s going to put people out of work . I don’t think it was that bad. But I guess the sensitivity is out of control

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

AA2BAF83-1DA8-4261-AD5F-E0F48CD75D38.jpeg

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:06 pm Ironton is a super sensitive town. I feel bad for any tribune workers. They are canceling like crazy and it’s going to put people out of work . I don’t think it was that bad. But I guess the sensitivity is out of control
Just finished reading the article and I honestly don't know why anyone would be upset over that. The guy covered the game great, quoted Pendleton, is everyone really all bent out of shape because he pointed out being a brides maid 9 times now? I mean it's the truth, the guy didn't say anything out of turn or bash on anyone what so ever. Oh well, if he's ran out of town because of that what are they wanting someone to say how they almost won and it was everyone else's fault or what? They played a very good South Range team who was the favorite to win it all, and they did just that plain and simple.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Just read article, if they are mad about that article they are crazy

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Love Jimmy he works hard

Go tigers

Stop the fat shaming and brining up his kids. It’s nuts Ironton we’re going to look like a dbag town when we’re not

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Maybe it’s a new School tiger thing. I’m old school

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

My lord, people are soft.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I feel like he could've come up with a better lead for his story, but that's just my opinion. I wouldn't have compared a wedding to a state high school football championship. The Tribune readers deserved a better analogy. Hope he's not run out of town for that story tho'.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pretty stupid heading

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

He’s an idiot , you could read something he wrote and still had to read the Herald Dispatch to find out who won the game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah, I don’t like the lead. Really zero reason to write it that way for a team in the state championship game. It feels like a jab and no jabs are needed for a state Championship game story. The article was fine overall but should probably be more celebratory than jabbing.

I think it was a poor decision to start it that way. Pressing for him to be fired or personal insults is idiotic, but can also cause dinosaurs to go extinct sooner than they might’ve.

We had a girl get 8th in the state meet in the 400 meter dash this past spring….she was 8th out of 9 in the state finals. Had the writer went with: “Not quite the caboose, runner takes 8th place”….,would’ve been a lot of ticked off people for sure. There are 100 other ways to start that Ironton article, it was creative and well written but unnecessary and a poor choice.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Let’s not forget that the writer coaches at Rock Hill, hasn’t attended an Ironton game not involving Rock Hill in years, and openly hates the Ironton staff. That’s important context.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Funny, didn’t have a problem with it before this staff.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

What a monster, maybe we can get together and send some care packages to the community for having to read that.

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

JTEK wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:15 am
TigerBob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:12 am Let’s not forget that the writer coaches at Rock Hill, hasn’t attended an Ironton game not involving Rock Hill in years, and openly hates the Ironton staff. That’s important context.
Probably sick of all the staffs recruiting, just like everyone in the area. Can’t coach, just go recruit more talent😂
Recruiting or transfer. It doesn't matter if it's legal. People in Ironton and surrounding area are behind times. Everyone has the opportunity to do the same to improve their program. Need to get off their but and do it. Don't vomplain about others. If not ull probably just continue to get beat every Friday night.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Walker was a flunky for Coach Lutz, He followed Younger Lutz to Rock Hill. Has open disdain for the current staff, because he wasn't part of the new regime.. He takes shots whenever possible..
The Huntington and Ashland papers both had better write-ups concerning the title game

Return to “Football”