Ironton fans trying to run long time sportswriter out of town

TigerBob
All Conference

Re: Ironton fans trying to run long time sportswriter out of town

Post by TigerBob »

Yup. That’s really the issue, he’s being a smartass when he has an axe to grind.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Ovenmit wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:11 am
JTEK wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:15 am
TigerBob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:12 am Let’s not forget that the writer coaches at Rock Hill, hasn’t attended an Ironton game not involving Rock Hill in years, and openly hates the Ironton staff. That’s important context.
Probably sick of all the staffs recruiting, just like everyone in the area. Can’t coach, just go recruit more talent😂
Recruiting or transfer. It doesn't matter if it's legal. People in Ironton and surrounding area are behind times. Everyone has the opportunity to do the same to improve their program. Need to get off their but and do it. Don't vomplain about others. If not ull probably just continue to get beat every Friday night.
Recruiting is illegal

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:27 pm Yup. That’s really the issue, he’s being a smartass when he has an axe to grind.
If this would have happened back when we almost won it all at Racine we would’ve done more than ran their asss out of the county we would’ve shut the whole paper down. Some people just don’t get that high school sports is all we got and they need to be reminded and get on board or get the heII out.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Almost Champions wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:25 am
TigerBob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:27 pm Yup. That’s really the issue, he’s being a smartass when he has an axe to grind.
If this would have happened back when we almost won it all at Racine we would’ve done more than ran their asss out of the county we would’ve shut the whole paper down. Some people just don’t get that high school sports is all we got and they need to be reminded and get on board or get the heII out.
this is my favorite post of the football season.
openly admitting this is all we got lol

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Old Time Tiger wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:53 am Walker was a flunky for Coach Lutz, He followed Younger Lutz to Rock Hill. Has open disdain for the current staff, because he wasn't part of the new regime.. He takes shots whenever possible..
The Huntington and Ashland papers both had better write-ups concerning the title game
if all that's true, then why in the world would the paper even assign him the topic? lol

Paladin `
Waterboy

Post by Paladin ` »

henrysteele wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:34 pm I read the so-called controversial newspaper story. I saw nothing wrong with his analogy. Walker also lumped in all the the losses in the finals under Coach Lutz, so it was not an attack on the current staff or team.

Why would people think Jim Walker hates Ironton High? His kids all graduated from Ironton High. His son played football for the Fighting Tigers. Jim Walker even coached football at Ironton High. Last I knew, the sportswriter still lived in Ironton.

In my opinion, people need to grow up. They should be happy this area still has a newspaper, as many communities around the country have already lost their paper.

FYI: I am an Ironton High graduate and a city resident.
This is one of the many reasons why SEO can’t compete on a state level. They want a guy fired for telling the truth about the program. They’d rather be patted on the back and told that it’s okay and second place is just fine and it’s someone else’s fault the team got thumped.

R.RSports
Waterboy

Post by R.RSports »

Go high school sports! :lol:

Is this really the way it is? This seems to involve way too many emotions for something so minuscule in life....

R.RSports
Waterboy

Post by R.RSports »

pistol wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:57 pm
Ovenmit wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:11 am
JTEK wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:15 am

Probably sick of all the staffs recruiting, just like everyone in the area. Can’t coach, just go recruit more talent😂
Recruiting or transfer. It doesn't matter if it's legal. People in Ironton and surrounding area are behind times. Everyone has the opportunity to do the same to improve their program. Need to get off their but and do it. Don't vomplain about others. If not ull probably just continue to get beat every Friday night.
Recruiting is illegal
Indeed it is.... But people are not ready for that conversation yet.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

I just wish the Ironton faithful would embrace being number 2. We did it twice in basketball and man the old guys at the butcher shop still talk about the glory days. Ironton has lost a lot of championships which means they have alot to be proud of.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

When did Southern “almost win it all.” What does that even mean? Have they ever been any good? The only thing I ever remember about them is when they had those stupid flat top hair cuts. I bet they never could get a date with that ugly hair.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I read some post today in regards to this article and I'd love to know how many of those were simply from parents. Literally all of them complaining about the being a brides maid once again, heck they even posted the phone number to the Tribune to call and complain enough to get him fired. Funny how everyone says these are kids let's let them be kids and let them play and move around it doesn't effect the adults in the room. Now here the same ppl are literally trying to get an adult fired for a sentence wrote about his take on a "kids" game. Strange group of ppl in Ironton, I mean one lady who apparently has never heard the expression was like it's not even right it should be maid of honor, not brides maid. OH MY

Return to “Football”