A Look At The 2022 OHSAA State Football Championship Attendance Numbers...That Remain Flat

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: A Look At The 2022 OHSAA State Football Championship Attendance Numbers...That Remain Flat

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:54 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:21 pm One opportunity that exists with Columbus, that doesn’t with Canton, is the sheer number of big high school programs in the area. Lots of players and coaches in the area who have an interest in watching the state finals if they don’t qualify to it themselves.

Yep,makes no sense why Canton. Someone at OH$AA has a buddy in the good ol boy club in Canton that they have been taking care of for awhile. Hell, just look at the nice grandstand and buildings at the fairgrounds they have probably paid for with money from parking over the years.

Columbus at most is probably 2.5 hours away from the town farthest from there. Everyone else is 2 hours and under. The only people close to Canton is NEO teams. Anytime you bring up this subject you always get be glad you are there. NO!!!Thats bullshit!!! If that game would have been in Columbus Ironton could have probably left Early Friday morning and not had to shell out a bunch of money for a hotel. Plus, like someone else said earlier, why wasn’t that game moved to the afternoon since Ironton fans had a 4.5 hour drive ahead of them?? Total BS!!

Like I said earlier I hope they continue to lose money every year they play in Canton. I would have driven to Columbus to watch some games especially someone local. I’m not getting up at 5am to drive to watch someone local.

I remember when Burg played in 2017 it was crazy the amount of people who told me they would have went had it been in Columbus. That game had 9800 people there. Hard to say what that number would have been if it was in Columbus.
brings a tear to my eye
Attachments
Meme.PNG

fbnut
SEOP

Re: A Look At The 2022 OHSAA State Football Championship Attendance Numbers...That Remain Flat

Post by fbnut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:05 pm
fbnut wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:05 pm Look at that 2017 D5 #
Wow

I know and if that game is in Columbus I bet it would have been well over 10,000.

Playing at Crew stadium is a perfect venue. Plenty of seating and parking!!! Plenty of things to do after the games. Canton has the pro football hall of fame. That’s pretty much it.
watched a buckeye spring game there yrs ago. it would be perfect location and size. So there is no way it will happen :lol:

Wildcatone
Riding the Bench

Post by Wildcatone »

The title games really need to be in Columbus. The only concern to me would be crime at night around the old Crew stadium. More security should improve that though I would think. I went to state title games at the Shoe in 2015 and really enjoyed it. I think there were about 15 thousand there. Some complain the stadium is too big but when both sides are packed in the lower level around midfield, it's loud and you do not notice the emptiness. Plus the parking is amazing with the smaller crowds. I had a great time and thought the atmosphere was excellent at the Shoe.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wildcatone wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:23 am The title games really need to be in Columbus. The only concern to me would be crime at night around the old Crew stadium. More security should improve that though I would think. I went to state title games at the Shoe in 2015 and really enjoyed it. I think there were about 15 thousand there. Some complain the stadium is too big but when both sides are packed in the lower level around midfield, it's loud and you do not notice the emptiness. Plus the parking is amazing with the smaller crowds. I had a great time and thought the atmosphere was excellent at the Shoe.
Yeah I really enjoyed the Shoe. I just don’t see the appeal of driving 3 hours to the same size stadium I have right next to my house

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The best moment for me was to see Cleveland Glenville win the first state title for the Cleveland Public Schools. Glenville has produced a bunch of D-1 college players, including Ohio State Buckeyes Troy Smith (Heisman Trophy winner) and Cardale Jones (led Buckeyes to the 2014 National Championship).

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

trojandave wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:39 am The best moment for me was to see Cleveland Glenville win the first state title for the Cleveland Public Schools. Glenville has produced a bunch of D-1 college players, including Ohio State Buckeyes Troy Smith (Heisman Trophy winner) and Cardale Jones (led Buckeyes to the 2014 National Championship).
Ted Ginn as well

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

I know that distance is a significant factor (never stopped people years ago when games were in Canton/Massillon).

I believe that streaming/TV factor plays a huge part in the attendance of the average fan.

The HOF cut their hosting fee by OVER 50% on the newest contract.

Also, travel expenses for teams. Teams that made the Regional and State level will be receiving travel reimbursements from OHSAA. The amount is quite significant that can help pay for the majority of the travel costs for the teams that make the trip.

Return to “Football”