Keyes de-commits from Wisconsin

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Keyes de-commits from Wisconsin

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Just announced on social media that he will be opening his recruitment back up. UK stopped by Ironton and Burg today I wonder if there's any connection there.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Keyes de-commits from Wisconsin

Post by noreply66 »

With the new coach just about telling everyone to take a hike you will see a ton of them leave.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Probably shouldn't be shocked by this, I don't believe Cincinnati offered him and now that coach just took over Wisconsin. Pretty safe to say if he wasn't interested in Keyes before there's no reason to think he'd be interested now. They've already got it up on 247Recruiting the article there says Keyes and Wisconsin had a mutual parting. Keyes became the 6th player to decommit since Chryst was fired in early October. Kentucky did offer before but the question is have they filled their spots already that was back in May when they made their offer so it's not as if they would've been waiting on him. Be great for the young man if it worked out that easily.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

My guess will be he lands at UK or Marshall. Sucks for him because Wisconsin is a RB's dream school -- hope it works out for him.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Wisconsin dont like bridesmaids?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

One of Kentuckys Coaches was at Ironton yesterday along with a Coach from Pitt. I don’t know if it had anything to do with Keyes or not since Kentucky has made offers to 2 other Fighting Tigers in Pittman and Gossett.

UK Coach Perry (was at Ironton)

Former Kentucky quarterback who joined the UK football staff in 2019 as a senior offensive analyst/director of high school relations

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Coach Perry was at Wheelersburg HS yesterday as well. These stops are pretty typical/insignificant.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:34 pm Coach Perry was at Wheelersburg HS yesterday as well. These stops are pretty typical/insignificant.
Exactly, they just are looking for diamonds in the rough. D1 talent is vastly noticed on the field. I saw only four to five d1 skilled players over Ohio's state championships

QB from South Range
QB from Canfield
DB from Central Catholic

But the most glaring one was the RB from Hoban who is only committed to the University of Buffalo. Wow! that kid spins wheelz.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

mustard wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:16 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:34 pm Coach Perry was at Wheelersburg HS yesterday as well. These stops are pretty typical/insignificant.
Exactly, they just are looking for diamonds in the rough. D1 talent is vastly noticed on the field. I saw only four to five d1 skilled players over Ohio's state championships

QB from South Range
QB from Canfield
DB from Central Catholic

But the most glaring one was the RB from Hoban who is only committed to the University of Buffalo. Wow! that kid spins wheelz.
Couldn't agree more, with everything you said.

Sperling, the RB you're referring to, is unreal. Single handedly brought his team back in the game.

There are other D1 talents in the state obviously, but as far as last weekend, I agree those 4 stood out.

WJOSUSteelers
Waterboy

Post by WJOSUSteelers »

I believe Kentucky Coach Mark Perry played at Zanesville for his dad, Clarence Perry. Mark Perry played one year at Wilmington before transferring to UK as a walk-on. I believe he’s nostalgic coached high school ball in Kentucky since graduating. His dad also coached at Logan.

SugarDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

It remains to be seen if any D-I actually signs anyone from SEO. Many players from NEO as well as nation wide are more likely to sign schollies offered. Most of this talk is cheap and reality will be sobering. I see little D-I talent in SEO.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Coaching changes at UC and Wisconsin unfortunate for the Ironton kids. But they all had other D1 offers, so I think they all eventually sign with some D1 school.

Transfer portal is packed full and now starting to be recruited as hard as the high school kids. It only getting harder to go D1 for mid-level high school kids.*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:49 pm Coaching changes at UC and Wisconsin unfortunate for the Ironton kids. But they all had other D1 offers, so I think they all eventually sign with some D1 school.

Transfer portal is packed full and now starting to be recruited as hard as the high school kids. It only getting harder to go D1 for mid-level high school kids.*
Yep and that's why decommitting this late in the game is very tough because most of those D1 schools already have guys lined up and as you said the transfer portal now opened coaches are recruiting those guys over someone coming out of HS unless you're just a beast. I'll be surprised if Keyes ends up at a D1 school at least right now anyways he's not ready for that jump. If you're a D1 player in a lower division you should flat out dominate multiple guys I've seen this year with D1 offers don't.

WJOSUSteelers
Waterboy

Post by WJOSUSteelers »

I would think a guy whose committed to Wisconsin can fine a scholarship offer from a MAC or Sun Belt type of school or definitely from a FCS school like Youngstown Stare or Delaware. It’s just like life, poo roles down hill: Keys may not fine another B10 or Power 5 school offer but gets a MAC offer. The kid with the MAC offer gets it revoked so he drops down to Youngstown State. The YSU commit gets bumped and drops down to Walsh or Tiffin….

It’s unfortunate but it is sport imitating life.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Keyes has an Official visit with Pitt next weekend.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:12 pm Keyes has an Official visit with Pitt next weekend.
Really hope that he is extended an offer.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Keyes received an offer from Wake Forest yesterday 12/14

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:50 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:12 pm Keyes has an Official visit with Pitt next weekend.
According to 247 he already has an offer from Pitt. Pitt did just have another RB commit this past week.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

JohnDenver wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:57 am
According to 247 he already has an offer from Pitt. Pitt did just have another RB commit this past week.
He does indeed have an offer from Pitt.. also has offers from Indiana, Michigan, UK, Iowa, and others.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:27 am
JohnDenver wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:57 am

He does indeed have an offer from Pitt.. also has offers from Indiana, Michigan, UK, Iowa, and others.
Any " Inside Info " as to where you think he might commit? LOL

Return to “Football”