Keyes de-commits from Wisconsin

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Re: Keyes de-commits from Wisconsin

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Stonewall89 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:48 pm Keys wont play running back. He will play receiver or saftey.
RECEIVER?!? lol :!: :lol: :?:

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:16 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:08 am
Paulcrew wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:45 am

he wont play running back in college. If he plays anywhere, it would most likely be on the defensive side of the ball. Im pretty sure that Wake Forrest wants to see him develop on defense. He looks great coming off the bus. That being said, it will take him time to develop into a D1 football player in a P5 conference. I wish him all the best!
yea it's clear now he will be going to WF as a LB. When that was posted weeks ago, it was believed he was going to Wisconsin as a RB.

definitely a good statement about him looking great coming off the bus lol. prolly has a better shot playing at the next level as a WLB than at RB
He’s a heck of a LB and he’s playing D1 ball with a fully paid education. Good luck to Jaquez, great young man on and off the field.

He’ll be signing his NLI Wednesday along with Carter and Perkins to Cincinnati at the Ironton High School, if you’re interested in attending, open to everyone.

Ironton High School Auxiliary gym Wednesday 2 pm

Go Fighting Tigers……
A fully paid 80 k per year education at Wake, that is much more attractive than Wisconsin IMO!

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Keyes has decided not to enroll at Wake Forest and will be at Kentucky as a walk-on. They are going to give him run at running back instead of at linebacker.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

KCol wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:22 pm Keyes has decided not to enroll at Wake Forest and will be at Kentucky as a walk-on. They are going to give him run at running back instead of at linebacker.
He gave up a full ride at Wake to be a walk-on at UK? Wow!

Hope it works out for him.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Interesting you would've thought he would've known that information long before now, oh well good luck to him everyone has to make their own decisions

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Will say Lexington is closer to home than Wake, possibly be his choice but what do I know hope it works for him

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Saw where Keyes left Kentucky anyone know if he’s somewhere else? They listed him as a walk on

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:37 pm Saw where Keyes left Kentucky anyone know if he’s somewhere else? They listed him as a walk on
Left kentucky also?
As i understand it when he left Wake he was sorta going back and forth on if football was something he was interested in continuing to do. Maybe he is on his own journey?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:10 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:37 pm Saw where Keyes left Kentucky anyone know if he’s somewhere else? They listed him as a walk on
Left kentucky also?
As i understand it when he left Wake he was sorta going back and forth on if football was something he was interested in continuing to do. Maybe he is on his own journey?
If he was already questioning his interest in football, being a walk-on would clear that up quickly. It’s brutal being cannon fodder for the scholarship players.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

hype over substance at that HS program. keep saying it. feel bad for the kids, faulty expectations on the gridiron.

2 things can be true at the same time: these kids are NOT Power 5 Talents BUT its great that IHS is getting them the opportunity to go to P5 schools to compete/get an education. hope he's able to find a way to get his schooling paid for

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:01 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:10 pm
Left kentucky also?
If he was already questioning his interest in football, being a walk-on would clear that up quickly. It’s brutal being cannon fodder for the scholarship players.
It appears it may have done just that.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:49 am hype over substance at that HS program. keep saying it. feel bad for the kids, faulty expectations on the gridiron.

2 things can be true at the same time: these kids are NOT Power 5 Talents BUT its great that IHS is getting them the opportunity to go to P5 schools to compete/get an education. hope he's able to find a way to get his schooling paid for

So all those recruiters just bought into "hype" and didnt use any critical thinking skills when deciding who to recruit? What metrics did you use to reach that conclusion?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:08 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:49 am hype over substance at that HS program. keep saying it. feel bad for the kids, faulty expectations on the gridiron.

So all those recruiters just bought into "hype" and didnt use any critical thinking skills when deciding who to recruit? What metrics did you use to reach that conclusion?
lol um how about none of these kids since Pendleton has been there have played ANY meaningful snaps at the P5 level? Playing time at the P5 level is a pretty good metric of P5 talent if you ask me.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:21 am

lol um how about none of these kids since Pendleton has been there have played ANY meaningful snaps at the P5 level? Playing time at the P5 level is a pretty good metric of P5 talent if you ask me.
Gage Salyers played a good bit early in his career at Youngstown State.

I’m willing to bet Reid Carrico plays a lot at WVU.

The others are in the 2023 class and they are freshman.

Your argument just makes Pendleton look like a better coach. Which way you going to have it? He has all this D1 talent and can’t win it all or none of these kids can play at that level and to make the state championship game half the years he’s been there? 3 out of 6???

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

XandOs wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:35 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:21 am

Gage Salyers played a good bit early in his career at Youngstown State.

I’m willing to bet Reid Carrico plays a lot at WVU.

The others are in the 2023 class and they are freshman.

Your argument just makes Pendleton look like a better coach. Which way you going to have it? He has all this D1 talent and can’t win it all or none of these kids can play at that level and to make the state championship game half the years he’s been there? 3 out of 6???
I must've missed Youngstown joining a Power 5 Conference, my bad.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

It’s still D1. They play many of the big boys. Give me the last Wheelersburg player to play football D1? 🦗🦗🦗

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

XandOs wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:42 am It’s still D1. They play many of the big boys. Give me the last Wheelersburg player to play football D1? 🦗🦗🦗
According to burg fans on here burg is the seo ivy league but everytime i look up some news in the wheelersburg village it reads like the catalytic coverter theft league. Something is not adding up. 😭

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:51 am
XandOs wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:42 am It’s still D1. They play many of the big boys. Give me the last Wheelersburg player to play football D1? 🦗🦗🦗
According to burg fans on here burg is the seo ivy league but everytime i look up some news in the wheelersburg village it reads like the catalytic coverter theft league. Something is not adding up. 😭
Your comment does not appear to be football related, but since you brought it up…

Wheelersburg fans aren’t saying it, the state of Ohio is.

Burg high school received 5-stars which means “significantly exceeds state standards.” Only school in SEO to achieve that.

As for Ironton, they received a whopping 2.5 stars meaning “Needs support to meet state standards.”

80% of Ohio schools received at least 3 stars. Ironton high school in the bottom 20% :(

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:10 pm
Your comment does not appear to be football related, but since you brought it up…

Burg high school received 5-stars which means “significantly exceeds state standards.” Only school in SEO to achieve that.

As for Ironton, they received a whopping 2.5 stars meaning “Needs support to meet state standards.”

80% of Ohio schools received at least 3 stars. Ironton high school in the bottom 20% :(
I was reading about how wheelersburgs graduation rate decreased somewhere between 8 and 10% over the past few years.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:10 pm

Overall Burg schools seem underwhelming in comparison to how they have been advertised on here by many of you. I'm starting to think its way overstated in the same way the football team is on here every season.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-h ... o/rankings

Return to “Football”