SOC II 2023

MasterOfNone
All Conference

SOC II 2023

Post by MasterOfNone »

What is everyone’s WAY too early thoughts?

I think it will be Burg, Minford, Waverly and West fighting it out. Honestly could be a decent year for the top few teams and has the potential to have a league winner who doesn’t go undefeated.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: SOC II 2023

Post by wobycat »

Probably between burg and west at this point with the nod to burg. Minford will struggle. May need a change out there. Waverly will be improved but not sure if it will be enough.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Hard to pick against Burg and West. I agree giving Burg the nod, but Rucker will really have to step up for that to happen.

I think Minford will be better, they had a lot of youth and I just think the QB is really good.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Waverly was all sophomores at skilled spots last year. They will be hard to stop throwing the ball next year, not to mention they have Hurd back at tailback again. They only played bad against Burg which they do every year. Minford, Valley and West all seen how good they can play. Just have to figure out how to play defense for once. Always has been Waverly problem.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

Wavelry
Minford
Burg
West

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Who is going to be hit hard by graduation next year??

Wasn’t West a Senior dominated team??

Burg always loses a lot, then reloads

Caudill is back from Minford, is Pica back?

Waverly was young skill wise, how about lineman?

Didn’t Valley have 3 or 4 senior lineman and weren’t most skilled kids were seniors?

No clue about Oak Hill

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

HERO wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:16 pm Who is going to be hit hard by graduation next year??

Didn’t Valley have 3 or 4 senior lineman and weren’t most skilled kids were seniors?

No clue about Oak Hill
Minford only graduates 3 starters. All 3 played defense with only one playing oline. Pica back for senior year. Only significant loss in my eyes is Pendleton. Career leader in tackles and led the team the last 3 years in tackles.

basketballplayer123
Waterboy

Post by basketballplayer123 »

allaboutsports wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:21 pm Waverly was all sophomores at skilled spots last year. They will be hard to stop throwing the ball next year, not to mention they have Hurd back at tailback again. They only played bad against Burg which they do every year. Minford, Valley and West all seen how good they can play. Just have to figure out how to play defense for once. Always has been Waverly problem.
wouldn’t be surprised if hurd doesn’t come out to play next year

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West losing a 4 year starter in Irwin is hard to replace. And you can’t replace the impact of Ryan Sissel. Lost some good senior lineman too. But there is a lot of athleticism still on the team. I expect a complete different offensive identity, but I trust the coaching staff to put it together again. Look for the Burg and west fighting it out again but I wouldn’t be surprised if Minford or waverly played spoiler to someone

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

HERO wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:16 pm Who is going to be hit hard by graduation next year??

No clue about Oak Hill
Valley loses a crazy amount of players they will struggle to win 3 games

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

- Burg as the favorite for #1
- #2-4 will be a toss up.. West lost a lot of key pieces to graduation, Minford only lost 3 starters, and Waverly returning most of their skill players. I'd give the nod to West to take #2 spot, but I think graduation will hit them hard.
- Valley at #5
- Oak Hill at #6

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

2023 for SOCII play could lead to some really good games. Burg will be the clearcut favorite going into the season, I believe West got hit pretty hard with graduation and the players they lost are going to be tough to replace. They do have talent returning but it's probably going to take some time to adjust. Minford only losing a handful of players will have them in the mix but there's going to be a huge hole on the OL and LB position with Pendleton graduating, I don't think there's anyone on the roster that can fill that void. Waverly returns a bunch of talent; I think we lose 2 OL but injuries last year had guys already getting a bunch of playing time in. The loss of both DE's is going to be tough to overcome on the defensive side as we really struggled to stop the run all year and it's going to be tough in 2023. Valley will struggle once again as will Oak Hill and let's not forget 2023 will have Northwest back into SOCII play, I think they've got some decent players, but they struggle with scheme and overall play.

#1--Burg
#2/3--Waverly/Minford either or could take this spot
#4---West but if they can get the QB up to speed the gap between 2-4 is very small
#5---Valley
#6---Northwest I'd love to move them up over Valley, but they've struggled with Valley even with Valley being down
#7---Oak Hill but it will be interesting to see how much they improve with the new coach having a full year under his belt.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ya, looking like Wheelersburg and Waverly at this point with Minford and West big ?
Waverly’s biggest ? will be replacing the DE’s and hopefully the defensive backfield will be much better.
WAVERLY HAS TO IMPROVE STOPPING THE RUN!
A lot of off season and summer attention goes into the offense but #1 priority should be the DEFENSE…
You win championships with DEFENSE!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Completely forgot about Northwest going back to SOC II next season.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West only lost 2 or 3 Starters off their Defense

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

basketballplayer123 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:09 am
allaboutsports wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:21 pm Waverly was all sophomores at skilled spots last year. They will be hard to stop throwing the ball next year, not to mention they have Hurd back at tailback again. They only played bad against Burg which they do every year. Minford, Valley and West all seen how good they can play. Just have to figure out how to play defense for once. Always has been Waverly problem.
why would Hurd not be playing? Kids a stud.

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

Westfan wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:33 pm West only lost 2 or 3 Starters off their Defense
West defense will be good, losing Sissel & Barfield in the middle will hurt but they will still be good.

Offensively is where West will get hurt by graduation. Hard to replace Sissel and Irwin. 3-4 seniors also played line.

ItownFootball
Waterboy

Post by ItownFootball »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:28 am
lots of talk going on that he isn't going to be playing also talk of Quinton not.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:28 am
There's talk he just wanted to focus on baseball, also doesn't get a long with a particular coach then again most of them on the offensive side don't. There is also talks of some other players not including Q, but it's December and they'll be seniors and I don't put a lot of stock in that at this point in the off-season.

baseballfanatic76
Waterboy

Post by baseballfanatic76 »

minford drops one after being up 7-0 to Portsmouth, 11-7. one of my favorite environments to watch a game in good luck the rest of way to both teams

Return to “Football”